Retail iPhone 11 inventory dries up in NYC as coronavirus hits supply

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    apple ][ said:
    I guess I'm a media sheeple after all...  I've been desperately clinging to my SE, pending the "SE2".  But last Thursday, on my way out of work, there was a stunning vista of my city's skyscrapers gleaming gold (near sunset) surrounded by heavy dark clouds overhead and equally gray surroundings.   I had to snap a pic, but my SE was just not up to the challenge... really disappointed in the result.

So upon reading this headline earlier, I sprang for an 11 Pro tonight.  My carrier was completely out of the Midnight Green except for the 256, which is overkill for my use case.  Fortunately, my Apple Store had them all in stock, for the moment.
    I have an SE too and still use it daily.

As for the camera, I agree that it is no comparison compared to the iPhone 11 Pro camera.

I'm confused by your last sentence, did you get the Midnight Green 256 or a different color?

I haven't seen it in person yet, but Midnight Green is probably my favorite of the iPhone 11 colors too.

I was angling for a 64 (and got one).
    A coworker showed off their Midnight Green late last year and I was smitten.  My wife also wanted that color, she got hers for Christmas.
    I distinguish ours by the case: she has an OtterBox, I'm still in love with Apple's leather cases.  And yes, the green-on-green is rather handsome.
    If green had not been available, I'd have probably sprung for the Space Gray.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    apple ][ said:
    I guess I'm a media sheeple after all...  I've been desperately clinging to my SE, pending the "SE2".  But last Thursday, on my way out of work, there was a stunning vista of my city's skyscrapers gleaming gold (near sunset) surrounded by heavy dark clouds overhead and equally gray surroundings.   I had to snap a pic, but my SE was just not up to the challenge... really disappointed in the result.

So upon reading this headline earlier, I sprang for an 11 Pro tonight.  My carrier was completely out of the Midnight Green except for the 256, which is overkill for my use case.  Fortunately, my Apple Store had them all in stock, for the moment.

As for the camera, I agree that it is no comparison compared to the iPhone 11 Pro camera.

I'm confused by your last sentence, did you get the Midnight Green 256 or a different color?

I haven't seen it in person yet, but Midnight Green is probably my favorite of the iPhone 11 colors too.

A coworker showed off their Midnight Green late last year and I was smitten.  My wife also wanted that color, she got hers for Christmas.
    I distinguish ours by the case: she has an OtterBox, I'm still in love with Apple's leather cases.  And yes, the green-on-green is rather handsome.
    Oh, I see. Now I finally understood your last sentence. Your carrier was out of stock but you were able to grab a Midnight Green 64 GB from your Apple Store.

Congrats on your new Midnight Green iPhone 11 Pro! I've never even tried one yet, but I'm sure it's a beast of a phone and you should be able to take some amazing looking photos now!
  • Reply 23 of 27
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    apple ][ said:
    apple ][ said:

Oh, I see. Now I finally understood your last sentence. Your carrier was out of stock but you were able to grab a Midnight Green 64 GB from your Apple Store.

Congrats on your new Midnight Green iPhone 11 Pro! I've never even tried one yet, but I'm sure it's a beast of a phone and you should be able to take some amazing looking photos now!
    Thanks! Loving the extra real estate on the screen, and the one Night Mode pic I took (so far) is orders of magnitude improved from before. 
    Though I loved my SE, there's just something about owning/using a flagship model... :)
  • Reply 24 of 27
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    apple ][ said:
    During the 2018-19 flu season, about 35 million people in the US contracted the flu and about 34,000 died, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This flu season, an estimated 32 million people have gotten the flu, with 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 deaths.

Oh, no, let’s all panic. :#

Oh wait, those deaths are just from the regular flu, which happens every single year.

Tens of thousands dead each year just in the US and the media doesnt make a panic about that. Many people dont even bother to get a flu shot, even though tens of thousands will die.

A few people die from the corona virus and its the end of the world, lol.

The mainstream media can kiss my ass. I am also taking advantage of dumb people and easily scared people by starting new positions in some stocks Ive had my eyes on for a while.
    I don’t like or trust the mainstream media either, and although the hype machine ( news media and social media)  has people buying hand sanitizer and toilet paper like the end is nigh. 😎 it doesn’t mean we should just blow this off as as any old seasonal flu, it isn’t.... 

Covid-19 generally seems to lead to more severe disease than seasonal flu strains, in part because people have no immune protection against the new virus, Tedros said. Flu infections generally kill “far fewer than 1% of those infected,” Tedros said, but as of now, about 3.4% of Covid-19 cases have been fatal. (The fatality rate for Covid-19 is considered preliminary, especially given that experts are not sure how many mild cases are going undetected by health systems.)

The coronavirus, Tedros said, “causes more severe illness than flu, there are not yet any vaccines or therapeutics, and it can be contained — which is why we must do everything we can to contain it.”

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/03/who-coronavirus-different-than-influenza-can-be-contained/

That’s 3.4% fatality vs less than 1% compared to the flu  Media hype or not that is a concerning statistic.. just something to consider  I am hoping that percentage becomes less as they get more info but it’s still worth taking notice of   

• Reply 25 of 27
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,421member
    apple ][ said:
    Beats said:
    There was a well-written terrifying Reddit post that scared even the media!

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/f2b07y/i_am_a_senior_chinese_military_intelligence/
    These same nations also posses technology that is far more advanced than you can imagine and which is kept carefully hidden from public view. This includes advanced artificial intelligence capable of undermining and deciding any election in the world; biological and chemical agents that can manipulate and control the thinking patterns and behaviours of citizens to terrifying degrees; highly sophisticated manipulation techniques using hypnotic practices entirely unknown to the public; and other things that I will not go into now.

What a bunch of tinfoil hat garbage.

The internet is full of crackpots and social media/the mainstream media in general has devolved into a hyperbolic, click baiting bunch of dirty whores who couldn't care less about if something is factual or truthful or accurate.

Any publicity seeking moron, troll or hoaxer could have written that post and it's not like there aren't any of those types on the internet.

Exactly, even liars can be well articulated. 

There is absolutely no evidence nor data to back up. In fact, I recall reading how scientists have much settled that it's not a genetically engineered virus based on genetic analysis but rather a result of natural mutation. If it was engineered, they would know because it would have some unusual locations and combinations that wouldn't be normal in nature. 

tmay
  • Reply 26 of 27
    noraa1138noraa1138 Posts: 31unconfirmed, member
    apple ][ said:
    Beats said:
    There was a well-written terrifying Reddit post that scared even the media!

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/f2b07y/i_am_a_senior_chinese_military_intelligence/
    These same nations also posses technology that is far more advanced than you can imagine and which is kept carefully hidden from public view. This includes advanced artificial intelligence capable of undermining and deciding any election in the world; biological and chemical agents that can manipulate and control the thinking patterns and behaviours of citizens to terrifying degrees; highly sophisticated manipulation techniques using hypnotic practices entirely unknown to the public; and other things that I will not go into now.

What a bunch of tinfoil hat garbage.

The internet is full of crackpots and social media/the mainstream media in general has devolved into a hyperbolic, click baiting bunch of dirty whores who couldn't care less about if something is factual or truthful or accurate.

Any publicity seeking moron, troll or hoaxer could have written that post and it's not like there aren't any of those types on the internet.
    That reddit post is under the /nosleep subreddit - a subreddit specifically for, and I quote, "Nosleep is a place for authors to share their original horror stories." I.e. a well written piece of terrifying fiction.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    lkrupp said:
    ArcaSwiss said:
    I'm tired to these virus pictures. They are useless and only scare people.  Useless because they are too small to see.
    Scaring people works. This is the first outbreak of its kind in the era of global social media. Misinformation is rampant. Alternative truths are everywhere. A lot of money is being made off of scaring people.
    It could even be used to become president... oh wait it already has been done.
    muthuk_vanalingam