New Logitech Powered stand can recharge AirPods, iPhone, Apple Watch simultaneously

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2020
Logitech has launched a new line of wireless charging devices under the Powered brand, including the Wireless Charging 3-in-1 Dock that is capable of charging an iPhone, AirPods, and an Apple Watch at the same time.

>Logitech Powered Wireless Charging 3-in-1 Dock
Logitech Powered Wireless Charging 3-in-1 Dock

Launched on Wednesday, the Powered range consists of three wireless charging points with varying features. All are Qi-certified accessories, which means they will all work with iPhones that have wireless charging capabilities, as well as similar smartphones from other manufacturers.

The Powered Wireless Charging 3-in-1 Dock is the main attraction, capable of recharging the most items simultaneously. Consisting of a vertical stand for the iPhone itself, which provides power at up to 7.5 watts, the dock includes a space to the left that can recharge an AirPods or AirPods Pro wireless charging case, as well as another element to the right that can recharge an Apple Watch.

Logitech Powered Wireless Charging Stand and Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Powered Wireless Charging Stand and Wireless Charging Pad

The Powered Stand is a vertical wireless charging station for an iPhone, capable of delivering 7.5 watts to an iPhone, or up to 9 watts for compatible devices. Using a three-coil design, the vertical stand can also be used to recharge the AirPods case, at 5 watts.

Lastly, the Powered Pad is a low platform for wireless charging, which leaves mobile devices resting flat on top of it while recharging. Just as the Powered Stand, it offers between 5 watts and 9 watts of wireless charging, and supports the AirPods case.

All of the models include heat management systems, using a combination of algorithms and internal heat sensors, to ensure there is no overheating taking place while devices recharge. The entire range is available in graphite and white color options, with the Powered Pad also offered in lilac and blue sage.

The Logitech Powered Wireless Charging 3-in-1 Dock is priced at $129.99, the Powered Wireless Charging Stand is $59.99, and the Powered Wireless Charging Pad costs $39.99. All are listed on Logitech's store as being made available to purchase soon.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I currently charge my Apple Watch in a different room to my bedroom, but that dock has the watch laying on its side and turns on in night-stand mode if I tap around it -  Would that work with the Apple Watch in an upright, hanging arrnagment like the Logitech here?  Sorry for the silly question but I've not had any experience with this type of stand.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    I currently charge my Apple Watch in a different room to my bedroom, but that dock has the watch laying on its side and turns on in night-stand mode if I tap around it -  Would that work with the Apple Watch in an upright, hanging arrnagment like the Logitech here?  Sorry for the silly question but I've not had any experience with this type of stand.
    It does, but in portrait mode... the minutes display below the hour, rather than beside it.
    razorpit
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Thanks for the great info, Pscooter63!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Does anyone else think that 3in1 would look way better if the watch charger was on the left side above the AirPods instead? As is, it looks clunky and asymmetrical. An inefficient use of space, in my opinion. Plus, if my suspicions are correct and Apple bumps the wireless charging speeds on the 12, that will become old tech very quickly. Maybe if it supported 10w, but a max of 9 is not worth it IMHO.  But at this point in the release cycle this charger only makes sense for someone who isn’t planning on upgrading this year or someone who needs a new charger immediately. 
    edited March 2020
  • Reply 5 of 8
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,291member
    I may have missed it, but the article doesn't seem to mention if the 3-in-1 station includes the magnetic puck for the Apple Watch, or if you have to supply your own.

For $129, it damn well better ...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    There are similar chargers for like $100 less on Amazon. I have one that just has the phone/watch part that was like $25, there are others with a lightning port for the AirPods (maybe inductive versions as well). I cannot fathom spending $100 more than that on a charger. 
    Japhey
  • Reply 7 of 8
    D_CMillsD_CMills Posts: 26unconfirmed, member
    There are similar chargers for like $100 less on Amazon. I have one that just has the phone/watch part that was like $25, there are others with a lightning port for the AirPods (maybe inductive versions as well). I cannot fathom spending $100 more than that on a charger. 
    For options that don't require you to provide your own charging cords and have a single power cord, you will be hard-pressed to find many options below $50, and the decent quality ones are not common until you are in the $80+ range. If you want a product from a real company with a brand backing them, you won't find anything below $100. Depending on your level of comfort with cheap chinese qi chargers, that may or may not matter to you.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    D_CMills said:
    For options that don't require you to provide your own charging cords and have a single power cord, you will be hard-pressed to find many options below $50, and the decent quality ones are not common until you are in the $80+ range. If you want a product from a real company with a brand backing them, you won't find anything below $100. Depending on your level of comfort with cheap chinese qi chargers, that may or may not matter to you.
    When I was looking, there were many options that were $25-35 and did not require additional cords. Yes, they're cheap chargers, but that's kind of the point, no? Is a "real company" worth an additional $100 to charge a couple devices?