djkfisherdjkfisher Posts: 131member
    I do like the app. Seems accurate and not too cluttered
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 48
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member
    fred1 said:
    spheric said:
    fred1 said:
    I’m glad that so many people like this app so much. That’s good. A question: is it available and just as accurate outside the US?  In Europe, fr’instance?
    US and Great Britain/Ireland only. 

They‘ve cited lack of availability of comparable data for mainland Europe as the issue, and stated they were working on it for some years now, but it never came about. 
    I see. Thanks for the response. Sad. Of course they could mention that in the description in the App aStore ... 😠
    Well, to be fair, at least it isn’t available in the App Store outside of those places. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 48

avon b7 said:
    I use Weather Underground (Android version) which offers a wealth of information and is largely accurate where I live.

If in doubt, it lets me see the precipitation radar images for my zone and pulls data from sensors in my area.

It claims it has "the world's most accurate weather service, pinpointed to any microclimate".

I'm not a big fan of the latest design changes to the App interface, though.

I had no idea that Dark Sky even existed  and seeing as it wasn't very widely distributed, I shouldn't be surprised.
    The reason I‘ve so wanted Dark Sky for years now is that it would push notifications to the Apple Watch (or of course the phone) like „it’s going to rain where you are in fifteen minutes“ — which seems to me like one of those awesome perks of living in the future. That would be soooo nice to have. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 44 of 48
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,316member
    spheric said:

avon b7 said:
    I use Weather Underground (Android version) which offers a wealth of information and is largely accurate where I live.

If in doubt, it lets me see the precipitation radar images for my zone and pulls data from sensors in my area.

It claims it has "the world's most accurate weather service, pinpointed to any microclimate".

I had no idea that Dark Sky even existed  and seeing as it wasn't very widely distributed, I shouldn't be surprised.
    The reason I‘ve so wanted Dark Sky for years now is that it would push notifications to the Apple Watch (or of course the phone) like „it’s going to rain where you are in fifteen minutes“ — which seems to me like one of those awesome perks of living in the future. That would be soooo nice to have. 
    Add a tracker tile attached to your umbrella and never have weather issues again.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 48
    wtxnitzwtxnitz Posts: 22member
    My reaction is: I hope Apple doesn't &#&$ it up. Or worse yet kill it.

This is my favorite complication on the Watch infograph modular.

Apple should learn from the compact display of a lot of information

In the center, it gives you:
    current conditions, temp, cloud cover,
    temp low high
    next sunrise or sunset

all at a glance

I love it. Apple- if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

watto_cobradocno42
  • Reply 46 of 48
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    wtxnitz said:
    My reaction is: I hope Apple doesn't &#&$ it up. Or worse yet kill it.

This is my favorite complication on the Watch infograph modular.

Apple should learn from the compact display of a lot of information

In the center, it gives you:
    current conditions, temp, cloud cover,
    temp low high
    next sunrise or sunset

all at a glance

I love it. Apple- if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I actually bought it for the Apple Watch gizmo. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 47 of 48
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,668member
    spheric said:

avon b7 said:

That is excellent. I'm lucky because live in a micro-climate with 322 days of sun per year on average.

However, and by the same token, real time, intelligent reminders would be very useful. In my case it would be perfect for the UV levels.

A classic situation is leaving home in the morning for breakfast on a local terrace and underestimating the intensity of the sun. Unless you have a strict routine, it's all too easy to forget to apply some protection and in no time, you're out the door and slow cooking yourself

I don't wear a watch but a reminder my phone would work too.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    mattinoz said:
    spheric said:

avon b7 said:

Add a tracker tile attached to your umbrella and never have weather issues again.
    I actually added an umbrella to my bag and never have weather issues — unless I’m not actually carrying my entire work bag, which I don’t necessarily do when I’m out for a walk. 

But that may just be me.