Apple to release new 13-inch MacBook Pro in May, leaker claims

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,701member
    Clarus said:
    With some other irrelevant overheating intel processor and shit graphics right
    Although the last 15-inch MacBook Pros were reviled for a cooling system that could not handle the CPU, and poor graphics value, the fact that you are still saying this means you are out of touch. The reviews of the 16-inch MacBook Pro have praised it for fixing the thermals so that the same CPU performs better at a lower temperature. And the other big fix Apple was praised for in the new 16-inch was including, in the base price, a GPU more powerful than you used to get in the 15-inch upgrade model.

There is no difference between 10th gen and 7th gen. These are stickers meant to mislead the unenlightened into thinking Intel has any value left for their product
    Aha, the same poster makes another technically incorrect statement!

There is a very very fundamental difference between the 10th and 7th gen Intel CPUs, and that critical difference affected the 13-inch MacBook Pros to a monumental, it would even be fair to say historical, degree.

Up through the 2017 13-inch MacBook Pro with the 7th generation CPU, the 13-inch CPU was dual core. It was one reason I always had to get the 15-inch, just for the quad core multicore performance for photo and video editing.

With the 8th generation, for the first time in history, it was finally possible to spec a quad core i5, in the 2018 13" MacBook Pro. I downsized to the 13" and have been very happy with it.

I will say that you are correct that Intel has hardly improved their CPUs in general. Their CPU designs are so far behind AMD and Apple it's pathetic. But the factual inaccuracies in your posts would lead many to believe that you are basically just trolling here.
    Also don't forget the iGPU.  There is a big performance difference between in the iGPU between the 7th and 10th generation CPU.
    spheric
  • Reply 22 of 36
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    All Apple needs to do is:  Switch back to old keyboard, go with 10th generation Intel CPU and loses the bezel thickness.  All are very easy to do since it up to the supplier to make the changes.  Apple does nothing!  LOL!
    How the fuck is a troll like you allowed to make 621 posts with zero repercussions? Every SINGLE one of your posts is a troll. 

Mods?

Pathetic. 

fastasleeproundaboutnowmike1
  • Reply 23 of 36
    spheric said:
    14" with discrete graphics option maybe? I doubt it, but hey...
    I seriously doubt it. A top of the line IRIS iGPU is more than adequate unless your editing multiple streams of 4K video, 3D or playing high end games. For most other stuff the GPU doesn't really make that much of a difference. I'm expecting a 14" MBP with IRIS graphics, up to 6-cores, up to 32GB RAM and 256-2TB HD with the magic keyboard, etc,. Basically a 16" without a dGPU.
  • Reply 24 of 36
    maxwonmaxwon Posts: 1member
    Apple never makes all your dreams true at once. It would look something like: 2020: 14 inch 2021: mini LED 2022: face ID 2023: 1080p camera 2024: bezel-less design 2025 and onwards: new technology that we don’t know of yet
  • Reply 25 of 36
    sjworldsjworld Posts: 94member
    All Apple needs to do is:  Switch back to old keyboard, go with 10th generation Intel CPU and loses the bezel thickness.  All are very easy to do since it up to the supplier to make the changes.  Apple does nothing!  LOL!
    There is no difference between 10th gen and 7th gen. These are stickers meant to mislead the unenlightened into thinking Intel has any value left for their product
    You’re funny. Now please do yourself a favor and get off the stage.
    roundaboutnow
  • Reply 26 of 36

It would be great if the only difference between the 13"/14" and the 16" is the size. If the new model could be spec'd as high as 16" high-end, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

However, I don't think the thermal requirements would be satisfied by the 13" body. For now, I'm waiting for the next 16" with WIFI 6, hopefully! 

edited April 2020 roundaboutnow
  • Reply 27 of 36
    New iMac now!!!
  • Reply 28 of 36
    New iMac now!!!
    Intel needs to ship Comet Lake S-series chips before Apple can use them in an iMac refresh. 

Current rumor says Intel will announce on April 30. 
  • Reply 29 of 36
    RadMaxRadMax Posts: 15member
    I cannot wait to dump this 13" POS 2017 MacBook Pro.  The keyboard has been replaced once by Apple, and two of the keys on the new keyboard are f'd up.  Plus somehow I lost functionality for the FaceTime camera when the keyboard was replaced.  Go Apple!
  • Reply 30 of 36
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    Now they just got at add back HDMI, SD Reader, and maybe magsafe and the Pros will be back to worth buying.   Good direction now that IVE is gone.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,881member
    k2kw said:
    Now they just got at add back HDMI, SD Reader, and maybe magsafe and the Pros will be back to worth buying.   Good direction now that IVE is gone.
    Nah. We never left - software devs are the most common pro per Craig F. Why would I want to add a consumer SD card reader? Takes up space, adds a new controller to the board, etc.. All of a consumer class memory card that I don’t use. No thanks. Nor do I care about magsafe since I’m either plugged in at my desk or on the go using the battery. And I already have a native HDMI USBC cable. No need to give up space for more controllers. 
  • Reply 32 of 36
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    SD has become professional card standard for years now. 

But no true pro machine is complete without ExpressCard slot and DVI-I. Also, floppy drives. 
  • Reply 33 of 36
    thttht Posts: 5,450member
    Wonder what CPUs this rumored MBp13/14 will run? There is nothing obvious on Intel's database. I really haven't seen any suitable 25W Comet Lake or Ice Lake rumored SKUs.
  • Reply 34 of 36
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    spheric said:
    SD has become professional card standard for years now. 

But no true pro machine is complete without ExpressCard slot and DVI-I. Also, floppy drives. 
    I still can't get a Vampire Tap with a USB-C connector to plug into my Ethernet infrastructure...
    spheric
  • Reply 35 of 36
    Do we get Ryzen 4000 series APUs?!
    edited April 2020