Lawsuit bemoans iPhone XR's 'inferior,' 'defective' 2x2 MIMO antennas

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,925member
    I suppose next they’re going to sue Apple because the MacBook Air they bought with the i3 processor has an ‘inferior and defective’ processor that doesn’t perform as well as the i5 or i7.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 29
    wd4fsuwd4fsu Posts: 28member
    slurpy said:
    "Inferior" and "defective"? The XR sold millions upon millions upon millions worldwide, was pretty much the highest rated phone, and this is the literally the first time I hear of this. What a horse-shit lawsuit. 

I'm around a lot of horses, and their, um.... deposits. You sir are giving those deposits a bad name. This lawsuit is much, much worse than that. Cretins.
    jony0watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 29
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,667member
    We have an XR at home. Reception and connectivity speeds are not great but they work to my expectations. I don't consider I was tricked, deceived or otherwise had the wool pulled over my eyes. 
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 24 of 29
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    Hmm, what if Apple had never made the XS and XS Max?  Would these customers still have a complaint? 

The may not have had a reason for a lawsuit, but they would still be stuck with a crappy phone never the less.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member

2x2 MIMO antennas were in iPhones up through the X and iPhone 8/8 Plus series.  It's not a defective design, it's just not the latest/greatest technology which at the time of release for the XR, XS and XS Max was the 4x4 MIMO.  

There's no evidence Apple misrepresented this antenna in the XR or hid that spec from anyone.  I'm confused as to why people would think a phone that is obviously a step down from the flagship models of that year (see LCD screen instead of OLED, single lens camera, etc) should have top of the line specs.
    Their phone problems stem from the crappy Intel modems that Apple used instead of QualComm.   Looking forward to the 2020 phones for finally a decent one in years.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Was the connectivity bad, or was it just worse than the higher priced model?

If the former, then that may be fair enough, but if the latter as this article seems to be leaning towards then that seems like a pretty dumb complaint.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 27 of 29
    smith54smith54 Posts: 29member
    It really was bs they put 2 different antennas in the phones like that. Would Steve had done that?  Tim "the miser" Cook sure did. 
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Apple should release the full specs of their new iOS devices. I hate having to wait for the thing to be released before finding out how much RAM it has or how fast the CPU or GPU is. Apple should make sure its customers can make informed decisions about when and if to buy its products. Keeping everyone in the dark about what they are buying is very sketchy.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    aknabi said:
    This lawsuit should be one of the canonical examples of why the losing party should have to pay the legal fees in the US (like much the rest of the world)... it would stop these masses of lawyers crawling out of the sludge to find some reason to sue anyone with piles of cash to settle nonsense lawsuits... but would allow valid, winnable ones to go through (though not perfect).

I work with a major health tech firm and the amount of crap and expense we have to go through in product development just because there are lawyers who do nothing but look at the company for any possible lawsuit to make a buck by settling (not to mention hindering innovation). It's disgusting
    Not the marks agreeing with the lawyers to launch a case. Make the lawyers pay.