Clips update adds Mickey and Minnie Mouse stickers, Split and Duplicate tools

Posted:
in iOS
Apple has updated its Clips app for iPhone and iPad, adding new 8-bit and Mickey and Minnie Mouse stickers alongside the Split and Duplicate buttons, and support for mouse and keyboard peripherals in iPadOS 13.4.

Published in the App Store on Tuesday, version 2.1.1 of the Clips app introduces support for peripherals on the iPad, including the use of a mouse, trackpad, or Bluetooth keyboard. Support for the peripherals is available for iPads running iPadOS 13.4 or later.

New editing options have been added, with the Split button dividing any clip in two, while the Duplicate button will create a copy of a clip, including all of its effects. Apple suggests the Split tool can be used to make stickers appear and disappear, by splitting a clip at the point of the change, then applying the effect to one of the two sections.

New stickers in the release include updated 8-bit stickers and 11 new Mickey and Minnie Mouse stickers, with each having an expressive animation. Two new posters are also in the update, with the Game Over poster accompanied by a floral Springtime poster.

The update for the app, which is free to download from the App Store, also contains performance and stability improvements.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Does anyone even use this? Apple had a chance to make this the next big app.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    I always forget this even exists! Never hear of anybody talking about or using it. 
    flyingdpcornchip
  • Reply 3 of 8
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    Beats said:
    I played with it when it first came out, and then again about a year ago because the latest version was supposed to be much improved. I honestly cannot come up with a use case where this would be the best tool. Either it’s aimed at way below my skill set or there are some higher functions in it and they need to document it better.
    cornchip
  • Reply 4 of 8
    apple should itself use this app for its promos to get people to look at the app and use it as well.
    Beats
  • Reply 5 of 8
    lolliverlolliver Posts: 495member
    Beats said:
    My kids use it fairly often. Just for messing around with though. They have also used it at school a few times. It's definitely the sort of app that's aimed more towards children from what I've seen. Without a social media format it seems to be just the much younger kids that use it. 
    Beats
  • Reply 6 of 8
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    DAalseth said:
    Beats said:
    I played with it when it first came out, and then again about a year ago because the latest version was supposed to be much improved. I honestly cannot come up with a use case where this would be the best tool. Either it’s aimed at way below my skill set or there are some higher functions in it and they need to document it better.

It's the Apple TV of software. Great idea...left behind.

Tik Tok is a perfect example of a use case for sort of app. Now it's a global phenomenon, something Apple could have had.

lolliver said:
    Beats said:
    My kids use it fairly often. Just for messing around with though. They have also used it at school a few times. It's definitely the sort of app that's aimed more towards children from what I've seen. Without a social media format it seems to be just the much younger kids that use it. 

I noticed the fact it's lacking social media hurt it's popularity and use cases.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    MaxLe0p0ldMaxLe0p0ld Posts: 31unconfirmed, member
    I wonder when they are releasing an Update for GARAGEBAND (for IOS), to make use of the iPad Features and the File Share Feature?

Also there are two different Versions of the Apple TV Remote App -
    when you open the App via Control Center you get a different Application, than the one that is available in the App Store.

But also for Classroom have been no further Updates since September 2019 - the same also applies to Reality Composer.
    Or Apple Remote Desktop, which has not been updated since October 2019 (!)

Whereas Logic Pro X / Motion / Compressor / Final Cut X also have not seen any Updates since December 2019.

• Reply 8 of 8
    TuuborTuubor Posts: 53member
    As long as there is no portrait orientation option to create stories for Instagram and Facebook, it is going to be pretty much useless.
    cornchip