The blog

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Does anyone here maintain a "blog"? I was recently screwing around with blogger.com and whipped up my own. It seems pretty fun and I'm interested to see if anyone else plays with it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

It seems pretty fun and I'm interested to see if anyone else plays with it.

Yeah, everyone does and those that don't are lying. Oh, you mean 'web log'? I'm sorry, nevermind. I was thinking of something else....
  • Reply 2 of 30
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    yeah, i got a pile of mags in the closet to help me maintain my "blog"
  • Reply 3 of 30
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Yea, I am playing with it but it doesn't satisfy me any more for 5 hours in bed ... argh argh ... uh wait, 'blog'? You guys aren't talking about Deimos Rising, are you..? \
  • Reply 4 of 30
    hey groverat,

I've been reading yours for a bit. I think it's great. My favorite AI member's blog has to be Todd's (aka salmonstk). I love his .Mac homepage. I think he ftp's his blogger account to another web site and then somehow it appears in his .Mac homepage (since .Mac doesn't support ftp?). He's got a commenting system up from YACCS too. Great job there.
  • Reply 5 of 30
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I have one. But I switched from Blogger to pMachine about a year ago.

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 6 of 30
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Damnit, people, we need more links!

Thanks for the link to salmon's, SPJ. (You've got to be sarcastic about liking mine! )

There are a lot of people whose comments I would definitely be interested in outside of the context of a debate. The weblog provides me an opportunity to write longer explanations of viewpoints or ideas. The message board really restricts that because it attempts to be conversational while the blog is one-sided.

I had really been cold to the medium for a long time because it seemed like it was the domain mainly of teenagers with their "my parents are totally mean" rantings but I've seen a few of them out there that are really worthwhile.

Link up, fellas.
  • Reply 7 of 30
    Quote:

Damnit, people, we need more links!

Thanks for the link to salmon's, SPJ. (You've got to be sarcastic about liking mine! )

There are a lot of people whose comments I would definitely be interested in outside of the context of a debate. The weblog provides me an opportunity to write longer explanations of viewpoints or ideas. The message board really restricts that because it attempts to be conversational while the blog is one-sided.

I had really been cold to the medium for a long time because it seemed like it was the domain mainly of teenagers with their "my parents are totally mean" rantings but I've seen a few of them out there that are really worthwhile.

Link up, fellas.

Sorry. The link's in my profile. Go here.

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 8 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Go here

I loved "shame".

Very nice.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

I loved "shame".

Very nice.

Thanks! There's more stuff like that in the "politics" category.

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 10 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

hey groverat,

I've been reading yours for a bit. I think it's great. My favorite AI member's blog has to be Todd's (aka salmonstk). I love his .Mac homepage. I think he ftp's his blogger account to another web site and then somehow it appears in his .Mac homepage (since .Mac doesn't support ftp?). He's got a commenting system up from YACCS too. Great job there.

Well thanks for the compliment. The blogs appear on my .Mac web page using frames. The Frame just calls the blog page and loads it within the .Mac page.
  • Reply 11 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

I have one. But I switched from Blogger to pMachine about a year ago.

Cheers

Scott

i'm playing with pmachine as well but more as a cms tool for potential client sites. i set up a site to experiment with, but haven't had much time to play with it in a while. most of the site is non functional but you can see the limited progress that i've made at the following link...

nonblog.com

i don't know exactly what i'm going to do with it yet but i think it will be a design and photography focused site, featuring some of my work, that of my friends, and others. right now i'm just starting to get a handle on what pmachine can do, so the look will most likey evolve once i get a better hang of it.
  • Reply 12 of 30
    Slick! I enjoy it, running with scissors. Visually appealing.
  • Reply 13 of 30
    greeking kicks ass

That is some kick-ass design for an Okie.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    thanks guys. it still rough, hopefully i'll have some spare time to devote to it in the next few weeks.

Quote:

greeking kicks ass

That is some kick-ass design for an Okie.

you know us okies, aside from monster truck shows, hubcap art, and stomping the crap out of texas, we loves us some graphic design. deep fried, that is.
  • Reply 15 of 30
    finboyfinboy Posts: 383member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Yeah, everyone does and those that don't are lying. Oh, you mean 'web log'? I'm sorry, nevermind. I was thinking of something else....

• Reply 16 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by running with scissors

you know us okies, aside from monster truck shows, hubcap art, and stomping the crap out of texas, we loves us some graphic design. deep fried, that is.

Don't forget the massive gun-rack design industry up here in Okrahoma.

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 17 of 30
    Damn, Okies everywhere.

Hide their cousins!
  • Reply 18 of 30
    Quote:

Damn, Okies everywhere.

Hide their cousins!

Don't worry. I'm not really an Okie. I just live here. And work here. And married one. In fact, I've lived most of my adult life in OK.

Oh dear lord.

I think I'm an Okie.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Jeff Greenspan just did a report on Blogging on CNN and now they're having a round table discussion about blogging. Pretty funny................I never heard of it before this thread.
  • Reply 20 of 30
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    I use iBlog to publish my blog. The program had some issues when I first started using it, but recent updates have addressed most of my complaints. The developers seem very responsive. I've emailed them a couple of times and always got a response within an hour. iBlog is great because it makes blog publishing so easy. Everyone should have a blog.