Best new iPhone SE cases you can buy today

Posted:
in General Discussion edited April 2020
Whether you're planning to pick up a new iPhone SE or are gifting one to someone else, it's a smart idea to pick up a case designed for the 2020 iPhone SE to protect your new device. Here are some of our top picks.

Best iPhone SE 2 cases to protect your new phone

Don't risk breaking your new iPhone SE -- make sure you have a new case. This list includes some of our perennial favorite brands and includes everything from thin-form to military-certified cases.

BodyGuardz

SlideVue iPhone SE 2 case by BodyGuardz
Keep your phone close with this iPhone SE case that has a finger loop

SlideVue

This is an impact-resistant TPU case boasting BodyGuardz' Unequal impact gel, capable of protecting your iPhone from moderate drops. It features a silicone finger loop that doubles as a kickstand for holding your phone in the best position to watch videos Available in clear with pink or mint accents, or transparent gray with black accents, BodyGuardz' SlideVue normally costs $29.95, but is marked down to $23.96.

Harmony

Harmony case for Apple iPhone SE
Harmony case for iPhone SE (2020)

Inspired by women's sunglasses, this stylish ombre case is designed to make your new iPhone stand out from the crowd. It features metallic button accents, a soft TPU body, and a raised bezel to protect your screen from scratches, scuffs, and bumps. This case also features Unequal technology, designed to absorb and dissipate impact from moderate drops. Available in pink, purple, mint, gray, and a cyan-to-purple ombre, the Harmony case normally costs $39.95, but it's currently on sale for $31.96 .

Ace Pro

Ace Pro
BodyGuardz' Ace Pro case shows off the iPhone SE

A low-profile TPU case with a clear design to show off your iPhone's design without drawing attention to itself, the Ace Pro is perfect for minimalists who appreciate the sleek design of their device. Unequal technology absorbs and dissipates impact from moderate drops. It comes in three colors: Gray/Black, Clear/Pink, and Clear/White, and is priced at $19.95 on sale for $15.96.

ESR

ESR Air Armor iPhone SE case
ESR Air Armor protective case for the 2020 iPhone SE

Air Armor

Combining both a sleek design with military-grade drop protection, Air Armor is a perfect case for those who want to show off the design of their new iPhone as well as protect it from bumps and drops. It features air-guard corners on a flexible frame, making it easy to swap the case when you need a change. Available in clear and black, the Air Armor starts at $9.99.

Metal Kickstand
Watch videos on the iPhone SE with ease using this Metal Kickstand case

Metal Kickstand Case

This is a soft TPU case that features reinforced drop protection for moderate drops, and a clear design that lets the design of your iPhone take center stage. It also comes with a metal kickstand that allows you to angle your phone perfectly in both horizontal and vertical orientations, great for watching videos or making a FaceTime call. Available in clear and on sale for $13.99 at Amazon.

Essential Zero case for Apple iPhone SE 2
ESR's Essential Zero case is super slim

Essential Zero

The perfect case for those who don't want additional bulk, the 1.1 millimeter-thick, clear Essential Zero case is so slim you might forget it's even there at all. The flexible polymer case offers light drop and bump protection, and the slightly raised bezels help prevent scratches to your camera and your screen. Available for $8.99 from Amazon.

Spigen

Spigen iPhone SE Slim Armor CS case
Spigens' Slim Armor CS for the iPhone SE can even hold two credit cards

Slim Armor CS

Great for the minimalist that wants to leave their bag behind, the Slim Armor CS is capable of holding two cards behind the slide-away compartment on the back. Dual-layers and air cushion technology offer moderate drop protection. Available in Rose Gold, Black, Gunmetal, White, Red, and Blush Gold with prices starting at $15.99

Spigen Ultra Hybrid iPhone SE case
The Ultra Hybrid iPhone SE case has air cushion technology

Ultra Hybrid

Boasting Air Cushion Technology and Clear Hybrid Drop Protection, the Ultra Hybrid is designed to balance a slim form-factor with a tough exterior that can keep your phone safe from moderate drops. Raised bezels keep your phone screen and camera lenses scratch-free, and the clear design flaunts your iPhone SE's design. Available in clear with black, pink, red, or rose crystal accents for $13.99.

Moment

Moment iPhone SE 2 Wallet Case
Moment's iPhone Wallet Case is elegant and functional

iPhone Wallet Case

If you're looking to add a touch of style to your new iPhone SE, this may be the case for you. Natural Horween leather and canvas combine to make an elegant statement, and the added benefit of being able to carry three cards lets you leave your wallet at home. This case also allows you to easily twist-and-lock Moment lenses to your iPhone, giving you an upgraded mobile photography experience. This case is available in natural leather and black leather, and will cost you $23.99.

Gear4

Oxford Eco

Gear4 Oxford Eco iPhone SE case
Gear4's Oxford Eco iPhone SE 2020 case is made with recycled plastic from water bottles

A durable, folio-style case made with recycled plastic from water bottles and can hold two credit cards comfortably inside. The slim design features a combination of thermoplastic polyurethane, polycarbonate, and D3O to keep your iPhone SE scratch and dent free. Available in black, the Oxford Eco retails for $49.99, but AppleInsider readers can save an additional 20% at ZAGG with coupon code INSIDER20, bringing the price down to $39.99

Crystal Place

Crystal Palace iPhone SE 2 case with antimicrobial surface
ZAGG's Crystal Palace iPhone SE 2 case features an antimicrobial surface

A stylish, sleek, extra tough case that features an antimicrobial surface that kills 99.9% of surface bacteria and a tough exterior that offers 13-foot drop protection. It's also wireless charging compatible, meaning no fussing with removing your case at the end of the day. You can snag one in clear or iridescent from ZAGG for $31.99 with promo code INSIDER20.

Wembly Palette

Gear 4 Wembly Palette iPhone SE 2 case
Wembly Palette case for Apple's iPhone SE 2 has a fingerprint-resistant finish

This case offers 8-foot drop protection, a fingerprint-resistant finish, and is wireless charging compatible. The slim design doesn't add much additional bulk to your phone, and the anti-microbial coating kills 99.9% of surface bacteria. Available in smoke, cobalt blue, red, mint, and lilac, the Wembly Palette will run you $23.99 with 20% off coupon code INSIDER20.

Urban Armor Gear (UAG)

Well known for its lineup of tough, lightweight cases and protective gear, UAG is out with a range of products for iPhone SE. From the handcrafted Monarch Series, which features five layers of protection, to the new 100% compostable Outback Series, UAG has iPhone SE covered.

Monarch

UAG Monarch
UAG's Monarch Series is the ultimate in drop protection.

The flagship of UAG's line, Monarch is handcrafted from premium materials like leather and carbon fiber, and includes alloy metal hardware. A soft, impact-resistant core protects iPhone SE from drops, doubling military drop-test standards, while oversized tactile buttons provide easy access to handset controls. A protective screen surround thwarts cracks from face-down drops. The Monarch is available for $59.95 from Amazon in black and crimson color options.

Pathfinder

UAG Pathfinder
UAG's Pathfinder offers up good looks and solid protection.

UAG's Pathfinder Series comes in at a close second to the Monarch with its rugged outer shell and impact resistant soft core that meets military drop-test standards. Though it features a lightweight composite construction, the Pathfinder integrates the same oversized tactile buttons, scratch resistant skid pads and screen surround as its larger sibling. Grab one in black or olive drab from Amazon for $39.95. A midnight camo option is also available at a $10 premium.

Plasma

UAG Plasma
UAG's Plasma Series marries good looks and a rugged construction.

A take on the Pathfinder, UAG's Plasma Series offers identical military-level drop protection and rugged design with an attractive translucent armor shell. Inside the feather-light composite outer is an impact resistant soft core flanked by oversized tactile buttons and cutouts for easy access to the screen and Lightning port. Scratch resistant skid pads and screen surround round out the offering. Plasma is offered in Ice and Ash colorways and sells for $39.95 on Amazon.

Civilian

UAG Civilian
The UAG Civilian Series features HyperCush shock-absorbing technology.

For those looking for the pinnacle in protection with a minimalist design, UAG offers the Civilian Series. Like its other cases, Civilian incorporates a lightweight composite construction. Inside, however, the case differs from UAG's other lines with the integration of HyperCush, a shock-absorbing system that features two layers of material formed into a dynamic hexagon pattern. The usual tactile button controls, easy access to handset ports and screen surround are included. Civilian is available in black and olive drab for $49.95 on Amazon.

Plyo

UAG Plyo
The Plyo's corner cushions prevent damage from hard impacts.

Stripping things down even further is Plyo, a high performance skin suit for iPhone that features soft corners for cushioning against impacts and a composite construction for sturdy military-level drop protection. A raised screen surround prevents display scrapes, while UAG's signature tactile buttons present easy access to controls. The Plyo comes in one color, Ice, and is available from Amazon for $39.95.

Outback

UAG Outback
UAG uses 100% compostable material to make the sleek Outback.

Rounding out UAG's iPhone SE lineup is the new Outback. Made from a 100% compostable bio-plastic, the case is ultra thin and features an ergonomic design with soft-touch materials that create an easy-to-carry feel. A raised camera bevel adds protection to the rear, while the case itself is drop tested to military standards. Outback sells for $39.95 from Amazon and is available in black, lilac and olive drab.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Couldn't you just use an old iPhone 8 case until you find what you like?
    Doodpants
  • Reply 2 of 4
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    For me, it's none of the above.  Instead I'm using a wallet case from EBay.   The one pictured is for an Xr, but they also make them smaller, with fewer pockets for the 7, 8, Se and X/Xs lines.   I have replaced my wallet with one of these and now only carry the iPhone.   It holds a credit card, cash and my driver's license -- which, on a day-to-day basis, is all I need.  It adds thickness to the phone, but the fact I eliminated carrying a wallet more than compensates for a little extra thickness.

Also, my 13 year old grandson loves the one I got him for his Xr because, well, he doesn't even own a wallet.   But he still needs something to carry his prepaid Starbuck's VISA and some cash.  And he likes how he can still charge his phone wirelessly even through the case and its contents.

Not shown is that the case covers the back of the phone but, unlike those sold in the Apple Store, leaves the screen open to view like a regular case so it's easy to use the phone.
    The case is made of leather and not only looks good but it seems to be well made.  The magnetic snaps are easy to open and close and keep the back securely closed.

The price though may be a little steep for some:   $7.00 each (shipping included).
    For-iPhone-7-7Plus-8-8Plus-X-XR-XS-Max-Leather-Wallet-Card-Slot-Flip-Case-NEW
    edited April 2020
  • Reply 3 of 4
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    I “converted‘ to Apple’s own leather cases when I got my original SE.  Love the slimness, the way it feels, the way its patina develops over time, and it’s plenty protective for my moderately active lifestyle.
    edited April 2020
  • Reply 4 of 4
    My favorite iPhone cases are the Incipio Dual Pro. That plus an anti-glare film on the screen.

It's got an inner layer of rubbery stuff and an external layer of harder, resilient plastic. It's nice to hold, too.
    I couldn't begin to remember how many times I've dropped my iPhones… concrete, asphalt, tile floors, etc.…  and never had any damage.

https://incipio.com/products/dualpro-for-iphone-se-2020