Goldman Sachs sees iPhone sales tanking 36%, says sell AAPL shares

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Goldman Sachs is a major subcontractor of Apple. Isn't this a conflict of interest?
    My thoughts also.

This seems like an obvious conflict of interest. Even if their analyst division is separate from their banking division, they're both still Goldman Sachs and it seems kind of weird that they would even be allowed to comment or have an opinion on it.

And any effects from the virus are of a near term nature anyway, which will affect virtually all companies and the economy.

The world is not going to end and this virus nonsense will end eventually too. Only a fool would sell. Long term, Apple is looking strong as hell.
    edited April 2020
  • Reply 22 of 26
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    Goldman Sachs is a major subcontractor of Apple. Isn't this a conflict of interest?
    Cough...Chinese walls...cough.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I doubt their “analysts” (aka salespeople) are required to toe a particular company line. They’re just there to make the company and themselves money.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    Short-term run rabbit thinking.  From what considers itself to be a world-class investment bank.  Just blew that reputation.  
    what reputation? 
  • Reply 25 of 26
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    Sorry they are probably correct, my business is down 80% and I consider myself one of the lucky small businesses.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    horvatichorvatic Posts: 144member
    Headline iPhone SE delivery dates are shifting into May due to popular demand.
    Sachs should really have more faith in Apple. Truly trying to lower the stock price so they can make a bigger profit at Apple's expense.