Apple reports $58.3B revenue in Q2, shows growth despite COVID-19

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    dedgeckodedgecko Posts: 169member
    iOS_Guy80 said:
    How wacky: the price of AAPL went up 2% late in the day before the announcement and dropped 2% after the good news.  Oh well, must be that old "buy on the rumor, sell on the news" thing.
    It's the lack of guidance that makes investors uneasy. People are looking for a light at the end of the tunnel and didn't get one. 

Light at the end of the tunnel is a vaccine for the virus.
    I mean sure but not what I am talking about. Investors are looking for stability and hoping to see that in guidance. The lack of guidance is a lack of stability. 
    It doesn’t help how politicized Covid-19 has gotten. It’s not just the getting people well and getting people back to work, it’s the risk of fallout, retaliation against countries, or political parties due to their behaviors, actions, or inactions, depending on what side of the aisle you’re shouting from, during the pandemic.
    gatorguywatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 33
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,009member
     The lack of guidance is a lack of stability. 

baconstanglkruppwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 33
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    I feel bad for anyone who sold at the low point anticipating further drops. I sold a small amount on the way down just to have some cash in case things went south, but not enough to lose any sleep over. Way to go Apple!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 33
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    How wacky: the price of AAPL went up 2% late in the day before the announcement and dropped 2% after the good news.  Oh well, must be that old "buy on the rumor, sell on the news" thing.
    It's the lack of guidance that makes investors uneasy. People are looking for a light at the end of the tunnel and didn't get one. 

Shorts are pissed because no guidance makes their Short game that much more unlikely to be profitable.
    baconstangpscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 33
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Beats said:
    "beating Wall Street estimates by a large margin."

Warms my heart.
    But tomorrow’s headline will read, “Investors not convinced, AAPL drops 3%."
    Beatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 33
    boboliciousbobolicious Posts: 1,146member
    The reason I bought Apple when it was $14/share was because of the products I loved...
    I just invested in a tricked out 2010 mac pro vs anything 'newer to bleeding edge', so is it time for this investor to sell...?
    I can just pop open the side and adjust a drive, ram, card - how 'insanely great' is that...?
    SJ RIP...
  • Reply 27 of 33
    The reason I bought Apple when it was $14/share was because of the products I loved...
    I just invested in a tricked out 2010 mac pro vs anything 'newer to bleeding edge', so is it time for this investor to sell...?
    I can just pop open the side and adjust a drive, ram, card - how 'insanely great' is that...?
    SJ RIP...
    You should sell because the stock price has absolutely zero to do with anything you just mentioned.
    baconstangpscooter63Beatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 33
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,107member
    They are Doomed (LOL)
    YES!  They are doomed....to keep printing money, regardless.
    sirlance99Beatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 33
    trashman69trashman69 Posts: 161member
    Wow.  Super impressed considering covid.

a shame aapl is getting slammed in aftermarket.

lets hope for a quick bounce back.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 33
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,572member
    Post-COVID-19 they’ll skyrocket.
    If the Apple Watch 6 due in September contains an oxygen saturation sensor as some people say it will, that will create a huge demand for Apple Watches, because oxygen saturation sensors are able to detect one of the symptoms of COVID-19 (ie, lower values than "90" of "SpO2%"). I bought the last oxygen saturation sensor in my local medical supply store last week (for $80.) I think people may be catching on to this technology. This is what should be sold out in stores right now, not hand sanitizer or toilet paper. For now I'm manually entering my SpO2% values into the iOS Health App, but it would be much better to have this built-in to the Watch.
    Beatsfastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 33
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    dewme said:
    Major hats off to Tim and Team
    ^^^ this

Yes indeed. Apple's diversification of their products & services portfolio under Tim Cook has bought them a degree of resiliency that would not have been imaginable just a few years ago.
    True, but why treat the Mac so poorly? There is no need to do that.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    entropys said:
    dewme said:
    ^^^ this

Yes indeed. Apple's diversification of their products & services portfolio under Tim Cook has bought them a degree of resiliency that would not have been imaginable just a few years ago.
    Only you and a small vocal minority of constant whiners believe that anymore.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 33
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    entropys said:
    dewme said:
    ^^^ this

Macs get updated yearly.
    watto_cobra