'iPhone 12' lineup leaked, 'AirPods Studio,' and Shortcuts roundup on the AppleInsider Pod...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2020
Your hosts discuss the "iPhone 12" leaks, "AirPods Studio" rumors, Wesley Hilliard's iPad-only workflow, and we go through some of our most-used Shortcuts, on the AppleInsider Podcast.

This week, Apple leaker Jon Prosser revealed the entire "iPhone 12" lineup supposedly coming this fall. From the "iPhone 12" starting at $649 with 5.4-inch and OLED display, "iPhone 12 Max" with a 6.1-inch OLED display, and "iPhone 12 Pro" models supposedly with a Samsung "OLED Super Retina XDR with ProMotion" display.

Your hosts discuss new features rumored on the upcoming "AirPods Studio" headphones, including head and neck detection that would allow the device to pause playback when placed around the neck. A rumored second sensor may be able to discern a user's left and right ears for automatic stereo channel allocation.

Wes then describes his iPad-only workflow including the LG Ultrafine display and USB-C dock. We describe some of the challenges that come from iOS file management and website browsing, and when the next iPad refresh might be.

The second half showcases some of our most-used Shortcuts on iOS. Whether you're just getting started with Shortcuts or looking for new ways to save time with automation, there are links to all the Shortcuts below!

We'd love to hear your feedback. Tweet at Stephen Robles and Wesley Hilliard, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts here.

Sponsored by:

• CleanMyMac X - Use the coupon code APPLEINSIDER to get 5% off your purchase of the beautifully designed CleanMyMac X app.

• Masterclass - Buy one Annual Pass, get another Free!

iPhone and AirPod Links

Wesley's Setup

Shortcuts

Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    macapfelmacapfel Posts: 575member
    One thing I fail to understand about these iPhone 12 rumours – how do we know Apple will release and iPhone 12, and not an iPhone 11S – continuing a decade long trend?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Will you no longer be putting the podcast up on the website? We have to download it in Podcasts now?

Never mind, it just didn't want to load the first 3 times I visited the page, for some reason.
    edited May 2020 stephenrobles
  • Reply 3 of 6
    stephenroblesstephenrobles Posts: 91member, moderator, editor
    Will you no longer be putting the podcast up on the website? We have to download it in Podcasts now?

Never mind, it just didn't want to load the first 3 times I visited the page, for some reason.
    Weird. But just out of curiosity, you prefer listening directly on the site?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    stephenroblesstephenrobles Posts: 91member, moderator, editor
    macapfel said:
    One thing I fail to understand about these iPhone 12 rumours – how do we know Apple will release and iPhone 12, and not an iPhone 11S – continuing a decade long trend?
    My thinking would be, the hardware / body design has been basically the same since the iPhone X, and with the rumored iPad Pro style redesign (flat sides), it may warrant skipping the “11s”. 
  • Reply 5 of 6
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,644member
    macapfel said:
    My thinking would be, the hardware / body design has been basically the same since the iPhone X, and with the rumored iPad Pro style redesign (flat sides), it may warrant skipping the “11s”. 
    Because it doesn’t matter what it’s called.   Apple doesn’t care about trends that even it creates. It creates, follows, or ends trends as abruptly as it sees fit.   
  • Reply 6 of 6
    harry wildharry wild Posts: 809member
    If there is an iPhone 12 Pro 5.4” model, I will buy it!