RE: Latest Nightly build of Camino.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is it just me or did something seriously change recently? It seems different all of a sudden. The way it loads pages is different. The splash screen is new. My bookmarks bar font is different. Have they moved to the new Mozilla trunk or whatever they were planning to do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Yup!

They're using an updated version of Mozilla.

I hate the new splash screen.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Another note, I think in a pretty recent build of Camino (maybe last night's, not sure since I don't think I saw it in the 3/25 build), they've begun to implement a Safari-like Bookmarks view that takes fills up the window instead of the sidebar they previously had. It's buggy and is missing functionality, but it's a rough start. There's a search bar that appears to be for searching for bookmarks, and a splitpane, with the bookmarks at the top, and search results at the bottom. Search hasn't been implemented though.

Screenshot:

• Reply 3 of 9
    Yeah, the new camino build rocks! It's almost got everything that Safari has and also has stuff Safari doesn't!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Haven't moved to the latest nightly yet because I'm waiting for the word on stability. Right now I'm happy with Camino 0.7. It's fast, stable, and doesn't have trouble rendering certain web pages like Safari.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    This nightly seems pretty stable, I think it has crashed once and I have been using it for about a week. it is build no. 2003032517
  • Reply 6 of 9
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macasaurus

Yeah, the new camino build rocks! It's almost got everything that Safari has and also has stuff Safari doesn't!

Yeah...it's amazing what they can do when they copy other people's stuff.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Yeah...it's amazing what they can do when they copy other people's stuff.

MS has been doing that for years. Its nothing new in any market these days.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Camino can do so much stuff Safari can't! Like figure out where the edges of your screen and your dock are.

What the hell is up with that? New windows in Safari always open at maximum size, but shifted over to the right so the right edge is off the screen and the left edge leaves a gap. I hope this gets fixed. Until then, back to Camino.

EDIT: err, umm, FullScreenSafari.ape to the rescue!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Oh please, like safari hasn't copied anything from camino or mozilla?? (tabbed browsing, keychain access in v67)