'Apple Glass' leaked, 13-inch MacBook Pro review, and more on the AppleInsider Podcast

Posted:
in General Discussion edited May 2020
Details about the rumored 'Apple Glass' augmented reality device, the 13-inch MacBook Pro reviewed, and The Joe Rogan Experience exclusive to Spotify, all on this week's episode of the AppleInsider Podcast.

Apple's original content push will extend to podcasts, and according to a new report, is currently ramping up.

The rumored "Apple Glass" device is revealed in a video by Jon Prosser with numerous details, including the $499 starting price, LiDAR scanner, prescription lenses, and more. Your hosts discuss what use cases this AR device may warrant and potential issues.

Apple's 13-inch MacBook Pro was recently refreshed with 10th-generation Intel processors, up to 4TB SSD and the Magic Keyboard. We discuss all the updates, and go in-depth on choosing which model is right for you.

Joe Rogan announced that his show, "The Joe Rogan Experience" will become a Spotify-exclusive show by the end of this year. This multi-year deal is believed to be worth millions of dollars, but has dangerous ramifications for the podcast industry as a whole.

We'd love to hear your feedback. Tweet at Stephen Robles and Andrew O'Hara, or email us here. Find us in your favorite podcast player by searching for "AppleInsider" and support the show by leaving a 5-Star rating and comment in Apple Podcasts here.

Sponsored by:

• Mint Mobile - Get your new wireless plan for just 15 bucks a month, and get the plan shipped to your door for FREE.

Apple Glass

iOS 13.5 and 13-inch MacBook Pro Review

Joe Rogan Goes Spotify Exclusive

Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    The podcast won't load again this week. It also seems like when I try to comment from the article main page instead of clicking on the forums first, it won't actually post my message and just gives me a glitchy text box.

In response to Stephen Robles' question last week (which I missed, sorry), yes, I usually listen to the podcast off the website. I just figure since I'm here for the news anyway, I'll click the link here. Plus, it's the kind of podcast I only listen to once, since the news is always changing and it won't make sense to listen to later, so why have another icon in my Podcasts app? I like the podcast enough, though, that if it's only going to be posted in the app (or just refuse to work on the website since the redesign), I'll subscribe there.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    stephenroblesstephenrobles Posts: 91member, moderator, editor
    The podcast won't load again this week. It also seems like when I try to comment from the article main page instead of clicking on the forums first, it won't actually post my message and just gives me a glitchy text box.

In response to Stephen Robles' question last week (which I missed, sorry), yes, I usually listen to the podcast off the website. I just figure since I'm here for the news anyway, I'll click the link here. Plus, it's the kind of podcast I only listen to once, since the news is always changing and it won't make sense to listen to later, so why have another icon in my Podcasts app? I like the podcast enough, though, that if it's only going to be posted in the app (or just refuse to work on the website since the redesign), I'll subscribe there.
    Would you mind sharing what device / web browser you’re using? And is it only since the redesign? I’ll get with our developers to see what might be up. 
  • Reply 3 of 3

Would you mind sharing what device / web browser you’re using? And is it only since the redesign? I’ll get with our developers to see what might be up. 
    Yup, only since the redesign, and it's a MacBook Pro 13" 2019 (1.4GHz, core i5) running the latest version of Safari - exactly what you'd expect on an Apple website!

And this morning it's loading again. I really can't figure out why it sometimes decides to work and others it won't.
    edited May 2020