Safari Help & reasons for pulling Betas

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
<snip from safari help>

New Feature Text coming soon. Click here for More

</snip from safari help>

If this is indicative of the sort of features they are trying to protect by doing so, I can't blame them......

Fire up Safari Help to see what new features I am talking about

Edited for clarity...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by monkeyboy02

New Feature Text coming soon. More

If this is indicative of the sort of features they are trying to protect by doing so, I can't blame them......

New Feature Text? What are you talking about? Are you talking about the the new Cocoa text features coming in 10.3?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Crap...I was getting all excited for nothing.

Not only can you not read about the new features but if one had to guess what these features are, one of them would probably be tabbed browsing and another would probably be autofill. Nothing to get too excited about.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Kim,

You are not really looking then.....

I thought the ONE (of three) I am talking about was quite cool...

If you are running a beta version and look you will think so too!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by monkeyboy02

Kim,

You are not really looking then.....

I thought the ONE (of three) I am talking about was quite cool...

If you are running a beta version and look you will think so too!

I downloaded v67 out of morbid curiosity when you said to check the Safari Help...as far as I know v67 is the first to have the "New Feature __Text coming soon. More" links but none of the three do anything when I click on them. A sheet pops down saying the "requested info could not be found".

Could you copy and paste whatever you're talking about because I can't see it.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    AFAIK, the Safari Beta programme hasn't been pulled, only the Safari Developer Seed Programme, largely due to every new build popping up on P2P within twenty minutes of it being released, which isn't entirely in conformance with the idea of the ADC to start with...
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Can anyone copy and paste whatever monkeyboy is talking about? There's nothing I hate more than hearing about things that work on other people's computers and not on mine.

Early April Fool? I suppose it's April 1st in some parts of the world right now and if the Eastern folks want to partake in Western stupidities then April Fool's day is actually 2 days long.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    This is silly...

All that page shows and I even looked at the raw HTML is dead links to whatever future features will be highlighted by that help page.

even after looking at the source for "wnsf01.html" (the page in question) it gives no 'hints' as to what might be said there... (well for build .67 anyway)

If you wanna look for yourself just do the following:

Click-hold on the safari app

Select 'show package contents'

Dive into Contents -> Resources -> English.lproj and then into the SafariHelp folder... it's in (or under) that level.

Dave
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Must be one of them pre-mature April Fool jokes.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Must be one of them pre-mature April Fool jokes.

Oh how I love April fools day. Wonder if Apple has anything planned?