A script error in every page

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
No matter what page I go to in the new vB incarnation of AppleInsider, there's a script error.

The specifics might change from page to page, but they all look more-or-less like this:

Line: 59

Char: 1

Error: Object expected

Code: 0

URL: http://forums.appleinsider.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12

If you've got your browser set to report scripting errors (which is how I had mine set until it became too annoying) you'll get an error alert popping up page after page after page.

The culprit is here:

ONLOAD="preloadImages();"

...which is the <BODY...> tag of every page I've examined, and which doesn't ever seem to be defined.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

No matter what page I go to in the new vB incarnation of AppleInsider, there's a script error.

The specifics might change from page to page, but they all look more-or-less like this:

Line: 59

Char: 1

Error: Object expected

Code: 0

URL: http://forums.appleinsider.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&amp;forumid=12

If you've got your browser set to report scripting errors (which is how I had mine set until it became too annoying) you'll get an error alert popping up page after page after page.

The culprit is here:

ONLOAD="preloadImages();"

...which is the <BODY...> tag of every page I've examined, and which doesn't ever seem to be defined.

This happens to me too, but only on a PC where I have the developer tools installed. It doesn't happen on my Mac. Do you have InterDev, Visual Studio or any other debugging tools installed on the machine you're using?

A quick fix would be to uninstall those programs.

Yes I'm kidding. We'll just have to deal with it till someone gets around to it. cough admins cough
  • Reply 2 of 4
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Everything work fine under explorer 5,2 mac OS X 10,2.

But on my old G3 333 under os 8,6, and explorer 4,5 i have a script error on each page. More the smilies do not work.

I guess that the problem is coming from the fact that Vbulletin requires the latest version of java, something that is not present in the old version of mac OS or Windows.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I have removed that onload command.

That was a remnant of some test code I was working with a few months ago for the forums that was later scrapped before AI vB went GM.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

I have removed that onload command.

That was a remnant of some test code I was working with a few months ago for the forums that was later scrapped before AI vB went GM.

You da man! Its much nicer at work now.

Thanks