How can i get things on powerbook duo 2300c

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a powerbook duo 2300c without a duodock. I want to get and old AOL on it, but theres like no where to put it? How can i get that and other software on it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    The Duos have no external drives of any kind.

If it can use regular Duo Docks, then they should be less than $50. Other than that, you can use Appletalk via the serial port. You'll need another Mac with a serial port or a Localtalk to Ethertalk adapter.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    So do you mean that i need to buy a duo dock plus? or can i get a floppy adapter and an external floppy?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    It works with any dock, including mini-Docks. There isn't a PowerPC specific dock.

You could take it apart and attach a SCSI CD drive to the internal connector (it has both internal IDE and SCSI).
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

It works with any dock, including mini-Docks. There isn't a PowerPC specific dock.

You could take it apart and attach a SCSI CD drive to the internal connector (it has both internal IDE and SCSI).

----Where can i find one of those & how can i put one on? Do minidocks have a floppy in it?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Low End Mac Swap List

Low End Mac PowerBook List

These two email lists should be helpful. If you want more help, try joining the PowerBook list (the one I linked to is the pre-G3 PowerBook list, there's another one for G3s). Once you know what you want to buy, you can head over to the Swap List and pick something up. There's TONS of old hardware on the Swap List and I generally see three or four huge Duo sales per week. I left a while ago but I don't see why it would have changed. Anyway, you should be able to get a dock there for not much money.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Minidocks tend to have a 20 pin connector for an external floppy drive. Other connections include things like ADB, SCSI, video out, ethernet, etc... depending on the Minidock.