Apple TV+ subscribers irked by 'Greyhound' audio sync issue

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    pat412pat412 Posts: 6member
    I've had no audio issues with any of the Apple offerings so far using the most recent ATV.
  • Reply 22 of 37
    I experienced it, too. I figured it was a sync issue with the HomePod, since it happens often with other shows. Usually I just turn off audio to HomePod, wait a few seconds, then set audio to HomePod again. Usually takes care of it. However, this time I did have to kill the app and then it synced up when I opened it up again and resumed the movie.

AppleTV HD, running tvOS 14 with audio to HomePod v13.4.6
  • Reply 23 of 37
    JFPottsJFPotts Posts: 11member
    I blew the windows out. The sound was incredible no audio issues here.
    Beats
  • Reply 24 of 37
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member

Hardly more of an embarrassment for Apple than spending $70 million for a mediocre film with shallow character development.  But it fits with the “uplifting” family style pablum that Comrade Cook is pushing. 
    Ah back with that bullshit, are we? Nope. First two mins of Morning Show we learn that her nickname is “Two Fucks Jackson”. And See was anything but family friendly. You’re high, lying, or both. 

Just repeating buzzwords from other Apple haters. "Charactwer development" is the one for Greyhound. Just repeating like when everyone pretended their iPhone 6 bent when 14 cases were reported out of 4 million.
    lkruppDetnator
  • Reply 25 of 37
    I noticed it too on Friday night. Greyhound is the weaker version of the Academy Award winning film, The Enemy Below. If you have seen the previews you have basically seen the movie. There is zero character development. It’s not one of Tom Hanks better films and they cut out a haunting scene featured in the preview and replaced it with those silly German Grey Wolf taunting’s. Go to 2:03 to see what I’m talking about https://youtu.be/SQNDIjrGpS0
  • Reply 26 of 37
    Hardly more of an embarrassment for Apple than spending $70 million for a mediocre film with shallow character development.  But it fits with the “uplifting” family style pablum that Comrade Cook is pushing. 
    "family style pablum" is currently the laziest troll point, as far as Apple TV+ is concerned. Do your homework - either on Apple TV+ content or on subtler troll points.
    Detnator
  • Reply 27 of 37
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    This problem is not limited to Greyhound, I've seen it on other ATV+ shows and as someone else pointed out sometimes just pausing or stopping and restarting clears the problem. I've seen it on Netflix as well, this is just an artifact of stream compressed videos verses live analog video. 

BTW, also seen the problem on DirecTV.
  • Reply 28 of 37
    edrededred Posts: 57member
    I experienced no problems at all watching this movie. And I used a 3rd generation AppleTV which had lots of audio syncing problems until the last software update that fixed them.
    edited July 2020
  • Reply 29 of 37
    some other TV shows are like that like House MD and curb your enthusiasm even when being played without airplay or bluetooth speaker.
    I did not notice on "greyhound" because everyone was repeating orders and other lines Tom Hanks was saying while he was prancing about the navy vessell.
    my set up was an TV gen5 with Bose sound touch speaker.

• Reply 30 of 37
    Yes it happened on my watch!
  • Reply 31 of 37
    MurvelMurvel Posts: 24member
    mr lizard said:
    Murvel said:
    Is this really worth writing about? Must be the least relevant story I’ve seen here so far.
    Relevant enough for you to take the time to post a comment. 
    I’m contributing feedback to the site, hoping for more relevant content in the future. You, on the other hand, contribute nothing constructive at all. I hope you’ll consider changing.
  • Reply 32 of 37
    Can someone please help this old lady how to watch GREYHOUND on Appletv with subtitles/closed captions?
    I watched the  move without them and could barely understand a word.
    Now I’ve jumped through all the hoops to get cc set up and nothing happened.
    So, I’m wondering.... maybe subtitles aren’t even available on Greyhound.
    Help!
  • Reply 33 of 37
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    ~80 minutes of nonstop hardcore naval warfare is "uplifting family style pablum"? I can only imagine what your family normally sits down to watch together. What in the actual fuck. There was zero filler in this fucking movie.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    ~80 minutes of nonstop hardcore naval warfare is "uplifting family style pablum"? I can only imagine what your family normally sits down to watch together. What in the actual fuck. There was zero filler in this fucking movie.
    I believe you actual missed the sarcasm in his statement.
  • Reply 35 of 37
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,357member
    I watched it and did have the sync glitch. It cleared up in a minute or so but it did take me out of the moment. I don't read lips (well, actually I do) but I do see peoples faces when they talk and out of sync is out of sync. Otherwise I'd just wait 'till Greyhound comes to radio. I'll watch it again and see if it occurs.

As to the movie itself, yeah there were some weak points. The supporting cast didn't offer much at all. It was mostly Hanks. Still the action was good and all the con stuff was pretty accurate. They had a pretty good technical advisor or two.

Once the action started, I didn't give much thought to the supporting cast. Not as meaty as Saving Private Ryan, the violence at the individual level wasn't excessive. The UQC stuff was a nice touch though the Teutonic taunting being a little Tokyo Rose.

I would have liked to see a little more from the supporting cast, but all in all a satisfying movie. Glitch or no glitch I'd be watching it again.
  • Reply 36 of 37
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    maestro64 said:
    I believe you actual missed the sarcasm in his statement.
    I don't think that's what this was.
    macgui
  • Reply 37 of 37
    boudicca said:
    Can someone please help this old lady how to watch GREYHOUND on Appletv with subtitles/closed captions?
    I watched the  move without them and could barely understand a word.
    Now I’ve jumped through all the hoops to get cc set up and nothing happened.
    So, I’m wondering.... maybe subtitles aren’t even available on Greyhound.
    Help!
    if you have the tv gen 4, while watching a video, swipe down on the top of the glass remote and options should appear. they are subtitles, sound etc.
    -hope this helps!
    macgui