Quicktime 6.1.1

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just poppen up on SW.....bug fixes for mpeg-4 streaming

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Download in progress.

I'm interested to see if has any fixes for making mp4 movies that look like some sort of Cubist/Jackson Pollock get-together even at the highest quality setting with lots of warnings about invalid settings...

I did have a 45-second movie at 720x576 down to 2.2MB at one point, but it was totally unwatchable... Back to Sorenson 3....
  • Reply 2 of 12
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Got it. Can't find any MPEG4 content, though.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    I'm getting a little tired of these huge download updates with no noticeable improvements.

But I won't be fooled again...no more download QT updates...EVEr!!!! HAHAHA!
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Just did my Powerbook while I was listening to a live audio stream and posting in another forum... gotta love that broadband!
  • Reply 5 of 12
    edit: blah...misunderstood Overhope's post.

Yeah...'instant on' and AAC are really cool for streams. Not only does it instantly start playing, you can skip to anywhere in the song pretty much instantly too. And the sound quality is excellent.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    How about we compile a list of sites with MPEG4 streams and AAC streams?

I saw this site at Ars: http://www.martyfriedman.com/disco.php

Although Marty Friedman's music sounds like crap (and I don't mean AAC sounds like crap...AAC is crisp and allows you to hear every bit of crap in Marty Friedman's tunes. Ugh.)
  • Reply 7 of 12
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    Is anyone other then myself wonder what else could be in this 20Mb package which has a one line of text bug fix? Anyone else curious or just me?

A@ron
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

I'm getting a little tired of these huge download updates with no noticeable improvements.

But I won't be fooled again...no more download QT updates...EVEr!!!! HAHAHA!

• Reply 9 of 12
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Huh? Why are you quoting yourself?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

Huh? Why are you quoting yourself?

I believe he was making it completely obvious for me that he feels the same as I do. 20 MB for a .0.1 update? (and down the rabbit hole we go)

A@ron
  • Reply 11 of 12
    adpowersadpowers Posts: 188member
    I just installed 6.1.1. I am still unable to view the MWSF03 MPEG 4 stream! I have never been able to view it on my PowerBook, but it works just fine on my Windows desktop. You know how embarrassing it was when I tried to show someone the keynote on the PowerBook and it didn't work!

Okay, ignore what I just said. I was looking through the options, because I knew there had to be something wrong. I was in the Transport Setup of the Connection tab and I pushed auto configure. Now it works! Yay!

Anyway, besides that (which was a separate problem), I still don't see any difference.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    The standalone installer for OS X is 19MB...