As much as I like Safari...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
there are so many instances where a page will hang or a button will not respond to my mouse click.

And although I have reported these "bugs" to Apple, I don't have the will or desire to report every one.

Of course it's still in Beta form and I'm just venting cause I hate having to go back to IE to make the page work.

Any ideas as to when Apple expects to have Safari "finished"?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    There's no real reason why 1.0 should come out before 10.3. The public betas are pretty decent. There won't be any surprises in Safari 1.0. Apple might as well just keep working and releasing public betas until 10.3 and then call it Safari 1.0.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Hmmm. I've had no problems with Safari, except my dad can't log into his Merril Lynch account(he can with Camino). I was running Camino daily, but with the last few updates(not nightly builds) it was crashing a few times a day.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    I've noticed that Safari doesn't do well with links/buttons that are invoked via JavaScript.

For example, Expedia.com - I can't get the "search" button to work because hitting search calls a Javascript and something breaks there.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    At least Safari is faster than IE...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    daveleedavelee Posts: 245member
    I just noticed that Safari will not upload an image from the desktop to eBay during the listing process (I thought I had forgotten the first time). Camino has no problem.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    Expedia's search worrks fine for me.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveLee

I just noticed that Safari will not upload an image from the desktop to eBay during the listing process (I thought I had forgotten the first time). Camino has no problem.

It does work, its just that the little uploader window shows as blank. I have done it a bunch of times and it works, you just don't see it working.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Alex kac is right, javascript links don't work. And also Safari hangs like nobody's business when I download then hit Download manager to see if it's started. Rainbow for 5 secs. On a mini PBG4 with 640 RAM.

There should be a Search feature for bookmarks and also webpages liek there is in iTunes. I wrote Apple this, I hope they add it! How cool would that be, another field to the right of the Google bar where when you type "brown" all the bookmarks with that in it, or words on a page, highlight. I thought of this when I needed to get to a site for an online textbook that I had bookmarked but couldn't remember its name or URL.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Please, post Safari's bugs to Apple. The more, the better. Safari is just too young to be the best.