Apple ready to ship new products, says serial leaker

Posted:
in General Discussion
A tweet by a prolific leaker suggests Apple is preparing to launch a number of new products, a list that could include the rumored "AirTags," "AirPower," "AirPods Studio," and "AirPods Pro Lite."

Apple is rumored to have a large number of products, either being worked on or being prepared for launch to consumers, but the big question surrounding the rumors is when they will see the light of day. A tweet from serial leaker @l0vetodream suggests that something could be coming soon.

Posted early on Sunday, the leaker simply wrote "in my dream some products are ready to ship" on Twitter. Though seemingly highly ambiguous and potentially applicable to any company on the planet, L0vetodream's focus on Apple-related leaks, as well as a fairly accurate track record, lends weight behind the idea that it is Apple, and that a launch could happen in the near future.

in my dream some products are ready to ship

At the time of publication, Apple doesn't have any major events on the horizon, nor has issued notifications of any special presentations, which suggests it won't be an entirely new and major product being launch. This effectively rules out new Macs using Apple Silicon and other big-ticket items in that vein.

In terms of what it could launch, the list of hardware does offer up quite a few good candidates. Chief among them are the long-rumored AirTags, Apple's compact devices that use the U1 chip to help people find objects using the "Find My" app.

Another potential candidate as a new product would be AirPower, the wireless charging mat Apple announced in 2017 but seemingly cancelled in 2019. In March, reports claimed the project was back from the dead with prototyping underway.

The AirPods lineup are also potential targets for launch, though a third-generation model isn't likely until 2021. An announcement for the "AirPods Studio" over-ear headphones could be made, as well as a cheaper version of the AirPods Pro dubbed the AirPods Pro Lite.
CluntBaby92

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    I only have one question. Who is this “serial leaker” and what is his track record? I know, that’s two questions. So shoot me.
    SpamSandwichanantksundaramwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 17
    kkqd1337kkqd1337 Posts: 424member
    what they really should be releasing is a dedicated home hub

ideally with a secure router/wifi hub to compete with google wifi. discontinuing airport was one of their worst decisions. 

i used google wifi. but would prefer something that probably wasnt selling all my info
    DAalsethOferelijahgrazorpitflyingdplolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 17
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    lkrupp said:
    I only have one question. Who is this “serial leaker” and what is his track record? I know, that’s two questions. So shoot me.
    His tweet doesn’t even qualify as a leak. It’s vague to the point of absurdity.
    elijahgwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 17
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    kkqd1337 said:

i used google wifi. but would prefer something that probably wasnt selling all my info

Gatorbait. 
    Oferentropysrazorpitjony0lolliverwatto_cobrajohn.b
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Eric_WVGGEric_WVGG Posts: 968member
    lkrupp said:
    He predicted basically everyone new in iOS, MacOS (including the name Big Sur and the redesign), even the "hand washing timer" on WatchOS, all before WWDC
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/06/22/macos-1016-big-sur-ios-14-going-to-see-big-user-interface-changes-says-leaker
    sphericOferRayz2016argonautlolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 17
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Apple may kill AirPod with no wireless charging and use the same price scheme: $249, $199 and $159 for Pro, Pro Lite and regular AirPods respectively. I just got AirPod Pro thru Back To School deal with iPad Pro for $65. I don’t look forward to this Lite version of it. If true, you may be able to get the Lite at $179 at Costco once it’s available there.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    kkqd1337 said:

There are many sources of WiFi that you can use that won't sell your info. Even in public places, use a VPN. Using Google for anything should IMHO be the option of last resort.

Oferelijahglolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 17
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    May turn out to be serial looser..
    edited July 2020
  • Reply 9 of 17
    mainyehcmainyehc Posts: 133member
    lkrupp said:
    lkrupp said:
    His tweet doesn’t even qualify as a leak. It’s vague to the point of absurdity.
    He's a pretty big deal, actually. And have you considered that he's being vague on purpose, so as to create suspense and not to give too much away re. his sources? He's almost Apple-like in the way he leaks Apple releases. I actually find it charming and exciting.

Eric_WVGG said:
    lkrupp said:
    He predicted basically everyone new in iOS, MacOS (including the name Big Sur and the redesign), even the "hand washing timer" on WatchOS, all before WWDC
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/06/22/macos-1016-big-sur-ios-14-going-to-see-big-user-interface-changes-says-leaker
    Exactly. I have a little theory as to why he's being discredited by default; he's Chinese, and as his name on Twitter isn't latinized, somehow he's not even being given a proper “identity” to speak of.

Seeing how most westerners can't read a single Han character (by the way, his name, according to Google Translate, means “have you figured it out?”, which is meta and cryptic enough in and of itself), let's take his Twitter handle instead (which, incidentally, fits better with the whole “dream” theme he uses), shall we? Appleinsider should've done better and written the headline as “Apple ready to ship new products, says serial leaker L0vetodream”. There, problem solved!

You see, I've seen enough reports on his tweets which turned out to be 100% accurate, so… let's give this guy the notoriety he deserves.
    edited July 2020 Oferfastasleepchemengin1argonautlolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 17
    lkrupp said:
    i'm sure someone in 2020 will shoot you.
    he seems like he has a shoulder on his chip and is very blunt.
    im looking forward to the iAirprolitepods for my itouchproair later in early winter!
  • Reply 11 of 17
    omasouomasou Posts: 572member
    Rayz2016 said:
    kkqd1337 said:

Gatorbait. 
    https://www.linksys.com/us/p/P-MX10600/
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 17
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    What I would love to see is a HomePod sound bar equivalent to a Sonos Arc.  Absolutely no rumours about something like that I am aware of.

anyway, if I was to guess it would have to be the last intel iMac.
    edited July 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 17
    CheeseFreezeCheeseFreeze Posts: 1,249member
    I picture someone urinating uncontrollably and violently when I hear the words ‘serial leaker’.
    argonautlolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 17
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    "AirPower" is back from the dead? I must have missed that one. And I already gave up and bought a wireless charger with AppleWatch puck.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 17
    longfanglongfang Posts: 451member
    My roadmap for Apple purchases as they release are ARM MacBook Pro followed by whatever iPad Pro is released after that and then the iPhone 14. That should cover a 2 year period.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    anome said:
    "AirPower" is back from the dead? I must have missed that one. And I already gave up and bought a wireless charger with AppleWatch puck.
    Yup

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/06/18/apple-has-reportedly-solved-the-airpower-overheating-problem
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 17
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Some of these we know about. Or know about the rumours, at any rate. Airtags is definite, the hold up is surprising, we've seen references in iOS and we know that Apple bought a company for this a year or so ago. Airpower was rumoured to have its problems fixed. The AirPods studio is a set of headphones. And Air Pod Pro lite was also mentioned in Apple Insider. Well maybe thats where he got it. 
    watto_cobra