Apple releases trailer for season 2 of 'For All Mankind'

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited July 2020
Apple has released a trailer for the second season of the Apple TV show 'For All Mankind,' teasing an escalation in the tensions between the United States and Russia on the surface of the Moon.

For All Mankind, Apple TV+

Following an initial promotional tour of the lunar base that will be seen in the second season, Apple has finally published a trailer for the show. Posted to IMDB, the video offers a minute-long glimpse of what will take place in the next batch of episodes that will be released.

Set to the Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)," the montage of clips takes the viewer through scenes including mission control and NASA employees on Earth, as well as some from the Moon. On the satellite, people move through the lunar base, while clips from the surface show astronauts from both the US and Russia.

There are increased tensions between the two countries, hinted at by the voiceover "The greatest threat the United States faces, is posed by the Soviet Union." This is followed by shots of astronauts putting ammunition into guns, and a call to raise the threat level to Defcon 3.

The trailer does not offer a date for when the second series will go live on Apple TV+, but given the presence of a trailer and the earlier set tour, this information may be made available soon.

The alternate-reality history drama, which depicts Russia winning the space race to land on the moon first, was considered one of Apple TV+'s most captivating shows at the service's launch. Apple renewed the show for a second season weeks before the official launch of Apple TV+, indicating Apple believed it had considerable promise among the rest of the service's launch roster.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    willettwillett Posts: 27member
    Delighted to have this on the way.  

If you have any interest in the space program, alternative histories, 20th century US-soviet relations, etc, or if you just like a good story, I highly recommended that you view the (great) 1st season to tee up for the second.  
    TomPMRIdoozydozenBeatssidricthevikingnapoleon_phoneapartRayz2016derek73Hank2.0firelocklolliver
  • Reply 2 of 26
    willett said:
    Delighted to have this on the way.  

If you have any interest in the space program, alternative histories, 20th century US-soviet relations, etc, or if you just like a good story, I highly recommended that you view the (great) 1st season to tee up for the second.  
    I concur.  This is my favorite ATV+ show.  I've been looking forward to any news about the second season.
    BeatssidricthevikinglolliveredredStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 26
    mchumm3rmchumm3r Posts: 17member
    Delighted to hear of the pending (November 1 - at the end of the montage) release of season two. But the montage is set to Dream On by Aerosmith not Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics. ⚡️
    Rayz2016SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 26
    viclauyycviclauyyc Posts: 849member
    This is the only show I finish watching in ATV+. I really love it. Not that other is bad, just not very interested me.

Hope companies are more willing to invested in science fiction series than dragon series. 
    Beatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 26
    uraharaurahara Posts: 733member
    viclauyyc said:
    This is the only show I finish watching in ATV+. I really love it. Not that other is bad, just not very interested me.

Hope companies are more willing to invested in science fiction series than dragon series. 
    I am waiting for Asimov’s Foundations. 
    edited July 2020 sidricthevikingviclauyycBeatsJWSCflyingdpRayz2016williamlondonlolliver
  • Reply 6 of 26
    I’m looking forward to it, as I really enjoyed the first season. It was very well done. Please bring me a second season of See also! That was my favorite.
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 26
    litolooplitoloop Posts: 96member
    can’t wait! saw the trailer. is molly still alive? can’t recall if the show was specific on her ending. 
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 26
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    rainmaker said:
    I’m looking forward to it, as I really enjoyed the first season. It was very well done. Please bring me a second season of See also! That was my favorite.

Apple has all the analytics. If See had the user engagement they hoped for then it will see Season 2.

"Seeson" 2
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 26
    justp1ayinjustp1ayin Posts: 213member
    Beats said:
    rainmaker said:

Apple has all the analytics. If See had the user engagement they hoped for then it will see Season 2.

"Seeson" 2
    Ira already been renewed and already filming 
    BeatsRayz2016lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 26
    jeromecjeromec Posts: 192member
    mchumm3r said:
    Delighted to hear of the pending (November 1 - at the end of the montage) release of season two. But the montage is set to Dream On by Aerosmith not Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics. ⚡️
    November 1, 2019 was the release date for season 1. You probably saw a season 1 trailer, which was set on Dream In.
    The new montage for season 2 promo is the Jamestown Tour and is set on Bachman-Turner Overdrive's Takin's Care of Business.

edited July 2020 firelocklolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 26
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    Yeah it isn’t sweet dreams.
    anyway, it will be interesting to see how they rewrite the politics of the time. Will Reagan (with Thatcher and the Pope) set up the collapse of the Soviet Union, or will it be the other way around?  Would we not all wear side lacing pointy shoes to nightclubs to listen to Blue Monday, Love Cats and yes Eurythmics and The Human League?

Or as a by product of an aggressive expansion into space, if Reagan still prevails, would America be more nationalistic or even authoritarian? Or similar to what happened in our timeline, with a slide into complacency and the ascent of the political class?
    Fukuyama was wrong of course: History did not end.
    edited July 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 26
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    I just finished season one like two nights ago. Really excited for this. I loved Joel Kinnaman and think the whole series was fantastic.  
    BeatslolliverrandominternetpersonStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 26
    also: Space Marines!
    does this mean the space force gets renamed the space navy?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 26
    Serious question. Do cartridges fire in space?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 26
    I enjoyed the first season and have been looking forward to more but unfortunately it’s the only series in ATV+ I’ve been interested to finish. Not sure how many of the free subscriptions they are going to be able to roll over at this point. 
  • Reply 16 of 26
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Beats said:
    rainmaker said:

"Seeson" 2
    Ira already been renewed and already filming 

Thank you!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 26
    fluffhead said:
    I enjoyed the first season and have been looking forward to more but unfortunately it’s the only series in ATV+ I’ve been interested to finish. Not sure how many of the free subscriptions they are going to be able to roll over at this point. 
    I deliberately didn’t sign up until December so I could get to series two of a couple of shows. Not enough there to start paying for it though

Edit: I also consulted with someone who would know on whether astronauts can use firearms in space. Apparently a cartridge will have enough of its own gases to work.
    The three tricks would be how to manage the recoil in low gravity, what happens to shells as they are ejected by the breech spring mechanism (they would hang around annoyingly about the breech, and you), and even a minor nick in your suit could be fatal..
    edited July 2020 lolliverrandominternetpersonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 26
    entropys said:
    Serious question. Do cartridges fire in space?
    Yes!
    But a fu...ng stupid thing to do. All projectiles will go in to orbit or leave moons gravity, if not hitting anything. Think about the complications of that. 
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 26
    Hank2.0Hank2.0 Posts: 151member
    Sadly, Sci-Fi and guns go hand-in-hand though there are a few exceptions (e.g. A Space Odyssey 2001). Spoiler Alert!  At the end of season two, just as the Americans and the Russians are about to go to war, they find they have to work together to fight off brain-sucking, tentacled aliens from the Alpha-Centauri! *

*That's a joke, people.
    lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 26
    Maybe a gaint baby tells then to play nice. Oh, and while all these worlds belong to you, leave Europa alone.
    edited July 2020 randominternetperson