Mac Enroe is coming back !!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just hear this on Eurosport. Mac Enroe is coming back on the ATP tour. He recieve a wild card for the Winbledon tournament.

" my goal is not to win the cup again", he said " but to feel the excitation of the good old days".

The executive Staff of the Winbledon tournament is expecting that this special guest will bring back more spectators during the firsts rounds.

I don't think that he will even to win one set, but i will glad to see him playing against young great players.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Wow. McEnroe. . . McEnBrat. . . whatever. it will be interesting to see him play live. I bet he will win a set. He's a crafty little guy. On grass, craftiness is huge.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Just hear this on Eurosport. Mac Enroe is coming back on the ATP tour. He recieve a wild card for the Winbledon tournament.

" my goal is not to win the cup again", he said " but to feel the excitation of the good old days".

The executive Staff of the Winbledon tournament is expecting that this special guest will bring back more spectators during the firsts rounds.

I don't think that he will even to win one set, but i will glad to see him playing against young great players.

Mac is the reason I got interested in Tennis. Perhaps I'll go back. That's great news.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    What's today?
  • Reply 4 of 14
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    Yay! it will be fun to see him play and swear again!
  • Reply 5 of 14
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    ESPNRadio had a blurb on this. Powerdoc doesn't have all the facts right. McEnroe's looking to make his return in either the men's doubles or mixed double's draw--definitely not the singles tourney! He's also quite activlely campaigning for the club to install the high-speed Mac-Cams on the courts, but of course that will never happen.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    I think Scott asked an important question
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

I think Scott asked an important question

yeah, he did. It's the day the MAN, the LEGEND, comes back to the only sport worth playing!
  • Reply 8 of 14
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by M3D Jack

yeah, he did. It's the day the MAN, the LEGEND, comes back to the only sport worth playing!

Yes and remember that his nickname was Big Mac
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

What's today?

Tuesday. I think.

Mac Enroe, McEnroe. Every day should be Tuesday. Especially when I take the afternoon off.

In any case, McEnroe is one of my favorite athletes of all time. Have you ever seen his chest? It'll scare you. It's like, caved in. Not a single ripple of a muscle. And blizzard-in-the-artic white. And somehow this man won Wimbleton.

There's hope for all of us.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights

Tuesday. I think.

Monday. DUH!
  • Reply 11 of 14
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Dense, some of you are. Yeeeessss.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    sapisapi Posts: 207member

only noticed untill Defiant said it..
  • Reply 13 of 14
    man, we just can't get one past you silly members. Drinks are on PowerDoc tonight!
  • Reply 14 of 14
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Jack... :sniff: