How to run Mac OS 8 in an app inside Catalina

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,251member
    tommikele said:
    Quite useless.
    I’m guessing you didn’t spend your formative years on a classic Mac OS. 
    Fun for us that have though, and I still miss Window shade after all this time. 
    adaeonfastasleepwatto_cobradocno42
  • Reply 22 of 30
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    MacPro said:
    docno42 said:
    This is very cool!

I’ve been itching to dig my old IIfx out (how I lusted after those when they were brand new) - this just may inspire me.  I have an SE/30 I need to fix the analog board on (probably just needs some capacitors) a passel of SEs and my original Plus.  And a brand new 5 pack of PhoneNet adapters - I need to get the gang out for an old fashioned LAN session of Nettek.  I dunno why classic macs have been on my mind of late - was cruising eBay looking for a decent used IIci but there wasn’t much that wasn’t grossly overpriced.    The cost of nostalgia...
    Wow, we have the same old gear lol.  My IIfx died sadly.  It fired up a few years ago for a few minutes then, nothing.  I was very sad.  My also have an SE/30 but the internal HD is dead but it works with floppies and also an external floppy drive.   I do have a working Power Macintosh G3 that runs both MacOS 9 and OS X.  I sit here with a MBP, Mac Pro and a 27" 5K iMac and it seems like yesterday all those old machines were 'the lates and greatest.'  Not to mention I can recall all too clearly my Apple ][e 64, my Lisa and my Apple ///.
    Here’s what you need for the SE/30:

https://www.bigmessowires.com/floppy-emu/
    Thanks!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 30
    AI should do a special on this guy...

https://www.bigmessowires.com
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 30
    tommikele said:
    Quite useless.
    What an utterly silly comment.
    watto_cobracrowley
  • Reply 25 of 30
    bulk001bulk001 Posts: 764member
    lkrupp said:
    Sounds like a talented individual. Has he done anything productive that improves the world or makes a dent in the universe?
    Coming from you that’s rich! What have you done?
    fastasleepcrowley
  • Reply 26 of 30
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    Can I install Pathways Into Darkness and Marathon on this? Or Spectre? :D 
    watto_cobradocno42
  • Reply 27 of 30
    It is quite interesting how refreshingly honest and usable OS 8 looks today in a world of opaque interfaces where everyone knows you have to swipe three times left and stand on your head. 
  • Reply 28 of 30
    ravnorodomravnorodom Posts: 694member
    Nice. Love it. Now I can install old QuarkXpress because I have old files that I can't open or convert in Adobe InDesign.
    Update: Can't install Quark due to installer not working properly.
    edited April 2022
  • Reply 29 of 30
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    lkrupp said:
    Sounds like a talented individual. Has he done anything productive that improves the world or makes a dent in the universe?
    That most noble of pursuits, trying to make people feel bad on the internet.

I can think of something you could do to improve the world.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    CheeseFreezeCheeseFreeze Posts: 1,249member
    lkrupp said:
    What about you?