Lady Gaga will host 'Gaga Radio' every Friday in August on Beats1

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2020
Starting Friday, Lady Gaga will host a radio show on Apple Music's Beats1 called Gaga Radio, centered around dance music and the creation of her latest album, Chromatica.

GAGA RADIO will air every Friday on Beats1
GAGA RADIO will air every Friday on Beats1

Lady Gaga has been featured and interviewed many times on Apple's Beats1 radio, and now she has her own show to discuss her work. The weekly show is called Gaga Radio and will run every Friday in August at 11AM Pacific.

The new show was announced by Apple Music and Lady Gaga on Wednesday in celebration of her new album release, Chromatica. The show will be an interview format where she will discuss the album and its influences with her collaborators.

Introducing #GAGARADIO on @applemusic, every Friday this month Tune in at 11am PT and listen to me and my #Chromatica collaborators talk about the inspirations, making the record & more! https://t.co/TyoR7EFGZb pic.twitter.com/aOfXL1Y9UV

-- Lady Gaga (@ladygaga)

Lady Gaga's show will feature exclusive DJ mixes from one of the guests. Listen to Gaga Radio live for free, or stream it after it has aired with an active Apple Music subscription.

Apple is always looking for ways to improve Apple Music and its Beats1 brand. The company even paid for the rights to livestream a musical "battle series" by Verzuz.

Beats1 is home to several mega-artists and their own radio shows. In 2019 Apple signed BBC veteran Charlie Sloth to host a rap show on the service. Nicki Minaj's show "Queen" sparked some controversy when Spotify stopped promoting her album as heavily.

Apple Music costs $9.99 per month, or $14.99 per month for a family account.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,254member
    Good for her! She is one hell of a musician.
    dewmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I guess there were licencing issues with Radio Gaga!!
    razorpitwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,319member

Someone from Queen will fill in if she is unwell.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    And the backup plan Radio Goo Goo.
    watto_cobra