Apple Store Easter egg celebrates its 10th anniversary

Posted:
in General Discussion
A whimsical Easter egg celebrates the Apple Store's 10th anniversary when users search for "10 years" in the app.

Pop the balloons as they fly by by tapping them
Pop the balloons as they fly by by tapping them

The Apple Store App is ten years old this year, and Apple has included an Easter egg in its app to celebrate. To induce the egg, search for the term "10 years" within the app's search function and the balloons will appear.

Surprise! Hidden inside the Apple Store app is a new Easter egg that celebrates the app's 10th anniversary. Search for "10 years" and watch the balloons appears. Tap each one to pop it. pic.twitter.com/YsGdKP8r5L

-- Michael Steeber (@MichaelSteeber)

The Apple Store app has been an important part of Apple's business, especially during the coronavirus pandemic. The most recent update added a "For You" section that details services and accessories available for the specific account that is logged in.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Not working for me. I wonder if it’s US only?
    Scot1viclauyyc
  • Reply 2 of 16
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    Worked for me. I'm embarrassed to say I kept trying to pop them They just moved up the screen faster when I tapped on them. LOL
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 16
    dr. xdr. x Posts: 282member
    mike1 said:
    Worked for me. I'm embarrassed to say I kept trying to pop them They just moved up the screen faster when I tapped on them. LOL

Ha ha same here. I was able to pop them after waiting a while though.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 16
    How underwhelming. 
    pscooter63
  • Reply 5 of 16

Make sure you have the updated Apple Store application and see if it works. Version 5.9 is the latest and what I had to get as I wasn't sure if it would work in the older version.
    Dogpersonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Scot1Scot1 Posts: 121member
    I am in Canada and doesn’t work here either
  • Reply 7 of 16
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    The most lucrative store in human history.

Thank you Apple for allowing everyone a fair chance at producing digital products that are available to everyone and that change the world. Just 10 years ago no one imagined a teenager in a broken home could develop software for the world and release it to over a billion people the next week.

THANK YOU APPLE.
    iOSDevSWEwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 16
    iadlibiadlib Posts: 95member
    Doesn’t work?
  • Reply 9 of 16
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 626member
    It's in the Apple Store app not the App Store. If that is confusing anyone, It took me a minute to figure it out.
    edited August 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Scot1 said:
    I am in Canada and doesn’t work here either
    Silly me. It’s the Apple Store, not the App Store!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 16
    jdb8167 said:
    It's in the Apple Store app not the App Store. If that is confusing anyone, It took me a minute to figure it out.
    Thanks. 😎🇮🇪☘️ 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 16
    dr. x said:

Make sure you have the updated Apple Store application and see if it works. Version 5.9 is the latest and what I had to get as I wasn't sure if it would work in the older version.
    I was in the App Store instead of the Apple Store. Got it sorted. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 16
    dr. x said:

I was in the App Store instead of the Apple Store. Got it sorted. 

I see, yeah i can see how one can get confused as both start with the letter A.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 16
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    How underwhelming. 
    Soz were you expecting an actual balloon to appear out the phone's lightning port?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 16
    rolyroly Posts: 74member
    Uk: does not work
  • Reply 16 of 16
    roly said:
    Uk: does not work
    Not work in “App Store”. Try that in “Apple Store”. Hope this helps!  :)
    watto_cobra