April Fool's websites

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I thought this would be a great place to list a bunch of the websites with April 1st jokes and figure out which are real or not.

First is ResExcellence going to an 'subscription' format. Real or not? Fake. Curiously though ... when I try to use the search function on ResExcellence it tries to execute the script from 127.0.0.1 (which everyone knows is a loopback to the same computer that it is accessed from) Trying to search 'batman' in the search gives me "http://127.0.0.1/scripts/search/search.cgi?terms=batman"; in the address bar and a 'cannot access...blah blah blah'.

AnimeTorrents is obviously fake.

( Do we even need to mention slashdot.org ? )

Zophar.net I believe is fake.

( Those last two are copying the REAL format for when the Justice Department confiscates a web page ... see www.isonews.com )

AnimeNewsNetwork has a bunch of April Fools 'news' posts too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
  • Reply 2 of 9
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    This

Pretty funny.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    MacOS Rumors

April Fool's Jokes everyday
  • Reply 4 of 9
    http://www.babyink.com/gallery.html

my friend sent me this today with "pete and drake got a tatto together" with the web link above. Drake is her 1 year old son. I am still blown away. Seems real and I am waiting to hear back from her. I know her hubby is a big tattoo guy---but cannot imagine this site is really. What do you think?

If that really is her son (with the plaid shirt and the red lollipop) getting a tat, I will never talk to her again.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

MacOS Rumors

April Fool's Jokes everyday

Thank you for the reminder, Leonis.

Escher
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Macosxhints.com had one
  • Reply 7 of 9
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Here is my failed April Fools post:

No one noticed in the "post your desktop" thread.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jante99

Here is my failed April Fools post:

No one noticed in the "post your desktop" thread.

I noticed, man. Did you notice that I noticed? I guess not I thought it was funny, by the way.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kecksy

I noticed, man. Did you notice that I noticed? I guess not I thought it was funny, by the way.

I should have sent the image to macosrumors.com as confirmation that quad processors Power Macs are coming. They would have posted the image, waited a day, and then taken it down at the "request of Apple Legal." 8)