Production has resumed on season two of Apple TV+ show 'For All Mankind'

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2020
Despite the ongoing coronavirus health crisis, production has resumed for season two of Apple TV+ show "For All Mankind."

Credit: Apple TV+
Credit: Apple TV+

In March, Apple halted the filming of most of its Apple TV+ productions due to the global pandemic. By that time, Sony Pictures TV had filmed all but two of the episodes for the second season of "For All Mankind."

Deadline reports that filming of the two remaining episodes has kicked off at the Sony lot in Culver City, California on Monday.

Sony Pictures TV has been spearheading efforts to restart production on scripted series, including those contracted by Apple TV+. The studio's show "S.W.A.T." became the first broadcast drama to begin filming new episodes since the coronavirus pandemic started, resuming production in early August.

"For All Mankind," launched in November as one of four initial shows on Apple TV+, depicts an alternate history in which the U.S. lost the space race to the Soviet Union. It was created by Ronald D. Moore, Matt Wolpert and Ben Nedivi, and stars Joel Kinnaman, Michael Dorman, Sarah Jones, Shantel VanSanten, Wrenn Schmidt and Jodi Balfour.

Apple renewed "For All Mankind" for a second season in October 2019, about a month before the Apple TV+ service actually launched to the public.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Looking forward to season two. Will miss the complementary subscription but I’m all in to renew it and start paying for it.
    Beatshodarwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 15
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    Great:). I love that show...!!!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Great news!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 15
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Great show. Really loved eason one.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 15
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    Haven't watched it.   Won't watch it.

There is simply no way to improve on the achievements or ideals of NASA of the 60's and any attempt to do so only degrades those achievements and lofty ideals.

I would wish that we, as a world and as a nation, would strive to duplicate those achievements and live up to those ideals rather than rewrite them according to some ideology.

Perhaps, using religion as an analogy, it would be like saying how better Jesus or Buddha would have been had they been (say) female (or black or gay or whatever).   Both were so great that any effort to rewrite who or what they were or accomplished merely diminishes that which cannot and should not be diminished and makes the writer of that rewrite look shallow and foolsih.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member

There is simply no way to improve on the achievements or ideals of NASA of the 60's and any attempt to do so only degrades those achievements and lofty ideals.

I would wish that we, as a world and as a nation, would strive to duplicate those achievements and live up to those ideals rather than rewrite them according to some ideology.
    What an insane position. Do you often have a difficult time separating reality from fantasy? (Judging by your state-apologist position on China and the CCP, I already know the answer). 

This show, like any other, and in particular alternative-history fiction, is not reality, nor is it some conspiracy theorist attempt to re-write history or "degrade" prior achievements. It's pretend. It's playing the game of "What if!" in order to create dramatic situations. Many people find fiction entertaining. And within the sub-genre of alternative-history fiction, you can find many other successful examples -- Man in the High Castle, The Case Against America, etc etc. 

Sounds like you have a problem distinguishing reality from fantasy. I'd get that checked out.
    edited August 2020 bbhfastasleeptenthousandthingswatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 15
    bbhbbh Posts: 134member

Perhaps, using religion as an analogy, it would be like saying how better Jesus or Buddha would have been had they been (say) female (or black or gay or whatever).   Both were so great that any effort to rewrite who or what they were or accomplished merely diminishes that which cannot and should not be diminished and makes the writer of that rewrite look shallow and foolsih.

Good grief. Take a breath. Unwind that sanctimonious world view. It's a TV show. 
    fastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 15

What an insane position. Do you often have a difficult time separating reality from fantasy? (Judging by your state-apologist position on China and the CCP, I already know the answer). 

This show, like any other, and in particular alternative-history fiction, is not reality, nor is it some conspiracy theorist attempt to re-write history or "degrade" prior achievements. It's pretend. It's playing the game of "What if!" in order to create dramatic situations. Many people find fiction entertaining. And within the sub-genre of alternative-history fiction, you can find many other successful examples -- Man in the High Castle, The Case Against America, etc etc. 

Sounds like you have a problem distinguishing reality from fantasy. I'd get that checked out.

LOL... From your posts, I think it is you unable to tell fantasy from reality.   Ot at least lies and propaganda from reality.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    bbh said:

Good grief. Take a breath. Unwind that sanctimonious world view. It's a TV show. 

Good grief!   Take a breath.
    It's a view point.   An opinion.   I just don't like people and things denigrating my great country with rewrites of how it could have done better.   Others don't care.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    It was an interesting first season, but wholly unrealistic with regard to the Soviets dominating. Their economy at the time would never support the accomplishments depicted.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,118member
    It was an interesting first season, but wholly unrealistic with regard to the Soviets dominating. Their economy at the time would never support the accomplishments depicted.
    True, but that's not the narrative you heard from many US politicians at the time.

That's what I think makes the show most interesting - it explores "what if the paranoiacs were correct"!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Hank2.0Hank2.0 Posts: 151member
    SpamSandwich said:
    I am shocked, shocked to find that Sci-Fi is unrealistic!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 15
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Hank2.0 said:
    SpamSandwich said:
    You mean Star Wars wasn’t a documentary?
    Hank2.0watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Hank2.0Hank2.0 Posts: 151member
    Hank2.0 said:
    SpamSandwich said:
    You mean Star Wars wasn’t a documentary?
    Of course not! Star Trek on the other hand...
    SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member

Perhaps, using religion as an analogy, it would be like saying how better Jesus or Buddha would have been had they been (say) female (or black or gay or whatever).   

Oh dear.

Well, if such a person as Jesus actually existed, then he would've been of middle-eastern descent, and so would not have been as white as you probably would've liked. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3958241.stm

And Jesus probably did have some African links - after all the conventional theory is that he lived as a child in Egypt where, presumably, his appearance did not make him stand out.

edited August 2020 watto_cobra