Bose QuietComfort Earbuds now available for preorder

Posted:
in General Discussion
Touted as an alternative to AirPods Pro, Bose has officially opened preorders for their new QuietComfort Earbuds.

Bose QuietComfort Earbuds now available for preorder

Bose QuietComfort Earbuds feature active noise canceling, which Bose claims helps uncover often missed details in music, such as "like the singer breathing between words or the snapping of fingers from deep in the audience."

They also feature a soft ear "nozzle," which is designed to seal the ear canal to help with passive noise cancellation and make lower frequencies more prominent.

Much like AirPods Pro, the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds allow users to select the level of noise cancelation they want. Additionally, the earbuds come with a full-transparency option, enabling the earbuds to pass sound directly through to the wearer's ear.

bose QuietComfort in triple black

Bose also points out that the earbuds are great for phone calls as well. The right earbud features a specially designed microphone array that picks up the wearer's voice while minimizing the ambient noise around them.

The Bose QuietComfort Earbuds are IPX4-rated, making them sweat-proof and rain-proof, feature an intuitive touch interface, and get up to 6 hours of playtime on a single charge. The included Qi-enabled charging case will charge the earbuds up to two additional times, and a quick charge mode can offer two hours of listening time on a 15-minute charge.

Bose QuietComfort Earbuds are available to preorder now for $279.95 and are anticipated to begin shipping on September 29. They are available in Triple Black and Soapstone color options.

Bose's new earphones were accidentally leaked two days prior to the launch by Australian retailer Harvey Norman.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
    Looks like they only pair with one device.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Only 1 earbud has a microphone? 
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Unreasonable pricing for an AirPods competitor
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Was interested but no volume controls? Only six hours battery life and two additional charges? I’m sure it sounds good and I do love my old QC20’s from Bose. But honestly, when my Back Bay Audio true wireless earbuds get 8 hours on a charge, have a small case with four additional charges, sound awesome and with Comply memory foam ear cushions have great passive noise cancellation, I just can’t convince myself to buy these. I’d love active NC, but with comply ear cushions, the Back Bay Duets are nearly as good as my wired Bose QC20 earbuds with ANC. For $42 vs $279, the extra benefits of these new Bose earbuds don’t seem worth it. And the Duets control volume. They don’t have Qi wireless charging or USB-C nor fast charging. But that’s ok with me. The sound is awesome. 
    Japhey
  • Reply 5 of 8
    The last totally wireless earbuds had what I believe is a design flaw. I had three sets. The rubber on all of them went dry within about a year and disintegrated resulting in the buttons falling off.

actually had exactly the same issue with the regular wireless earbuds as well.

I don’t have this issue with other brands and got sick of going through over 3 years over half a dozen replacements.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    neilmneilm Posts: 985member
    And no replaceable batteries?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Unreasonable pricing for an AirPods competitor
    Unless (gasp!) they are in any way superior to AirPods.  Bose is the brand-leader in this category, in quality, so that wouldn't surprise me.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    The lack of dual, simultaneous connectivity to a phone and laptop or desktop is a huge dealbreaker for many people working at home. Bose's top competitors in the premium wireless earbud space--Airpod Pro and Sony XM3--have had this essential feature for over a year. And Bose has this tech in their QC 35 headphones, so I'm not sure what possessed Bose to come to market with THE most expensive product vs their top two competitors without including this feature that's essential for many prospective buyers.