Inexpensive 'Apple Watch SE' may arrive at Apple's 'Time Flies' event

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,291member

dewme said:
    I believe, like others here, that Apple needs an Apple Watch that’s inexpensive enough to buy for all your children.
    Agreed, and that may very well be what the "inexpensive" one is aimed at, since (according to the rumour) it has no ECG -- a feature 90 percent of kids couldn't care less about, but which no adult wants to be without.

I had a Series 0, then moved to my current Series 3, so I will be taking a good look at the Series 6 (or a reduced-to-clear Series 5). I've both enjoyed these watches and they have materially contributed to the quality of my life.
    dewmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 32
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Would love a more affordable Apple watch in 5c color and material style
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 32
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,361member
    chasm said:

dewme said:
    I believe, like others here, that Apple needs an Apple Watch that’s inexpensive enough to buy for all your children.
    Agreed, and that may very well be what the "inexpensive" one is aimed at, since (according to the rumour) it has no ECG -- a feature 90 percent of kids couldn't care less about, but which no adult wants to be without.

I had a Series 0, then moved to my current Series 3, so I will be taking a good look at the Series 6 (or a reduced-to-clear Series 5). I've both enjoyed these watches and they have materially contributed to the quality of my life.
    Excellent point that Apple could selectively strip out some features and sensors both as a cost reduction strategy and to more narrowly target a specific audience. A friend of mine who moved back to the US from Singapore tells me that there have been inexpensive watches in Asia that are specifically intended for kids, with the key feature being tracking and location, I.e., Air Tag watches for kiddos. 

I love my Series 5 Apple Watch with LTE, but I would definitely upgrade if Series 6 (or 7 or whatever) has blood oxygen sensing and low- or no-compromise sleep tracking. I really need both of these features working in unison. 
    edited September 2020 Grayeaglewatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 32
    I'm surprised so few people know that blood oxygen sensors are one of the best leading indicators of COVID (below 90%, you may have a problem, perhaps even COVID). Some of the places that sell these sensors are low on stock but they aren't out of stock.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 32
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    I'm surprised so few people know that blood oxygen sensors are one of the best leading indicators of COVID (below 90%, you may have a problem, perhaps even COVID). Some of the places that sell these sensors are low on stock but they aren't out of stock.

Yup. I'm sure Apple is rushing to bring it to market. Would cause a huge spike in Watch sales.
    watto_cobracornchip
  • Reply 26 of 32
    dewme said:
    Never mind the kids, would like them to become affordable for all seniors, who would benefit more from the monitoring aspects of the Watch.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 32
    rezwits said:
    Are his sources still not budging? Lol. If there isn’t a cheaper Apple Watch revealed next week will he tweak his narrative again?

I miss the days when there weren’t leaks and things were actually somewhat of a surprise.
    When was that?  Rumors and leaks have been around since MacWeek, oh back in the 1990s (and ealier)?  They are essentially the antithesis of Apple keeping things hush hush and top secret, i.e. probably since the beginning... 
    You remember leaks in 2001 regarding the iPod and leaks in 2007 (or 2006, really) regarding the iPhone? I don’t. I remember rumors about Apple working on a phone but not photos or drawings. The images I remember were people’s wild fantasies about what an “iPod phone” would look like. That’s not what I’m talking about.
    muthuk_vanalingampscooter63
  • Reply 28 of 32
    dewme said:
    The other thing they need to do is decouple the watch from an IPhone so a kid with an iPad or iPod touch can still use all the functions.  

dewmewatto_cobraright_said_fredcornchip
  • Reply 29 of 32
    It would be useful for me because my girlfriend's kids have Android phones, and here in Costa Rica, iPhones are too expensive for a gift.  I'd like to give one of them my current Apple Watch when I buy a new one, and this makes that feasible.  That way they can do fitness tracking with me, which would be very cool.  I just hope the new software would work on older watches as well as the spiffy new models.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 32
    I can attest the Apple Watch 4 is a great device, so anything matching 80% of its features at say $200 is a great deal! Mine is stainless steel cellular (though I don’t have an active service) and it has never given me an issue, keeps long power, and is much brighter, clearer than my previous Apple Watch 2. And once you have the Watch, you become addicted to having its features. 

Even at $250, I could see these being a huge hit during the holidays. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 32
    baederboy said:
    flydog said:
    johnbear said:
    Ugly, made for the sick elderly 
    Please post the pics that you relied on to determine that its ugly. 
    Also in response to others, I think johnbear is just trying to be humorous. So has to start off and say that it is ugly. And then it would have been easier to catch the rest of the humor if he/she had said it was for Sick Elderly (SE). At least this is my take on the person's comment. A /s would have made it more obvious.

Judging by his posting history, he is just trying to troll the forum. Nothing humourous in his posts.

• Reply 32 of 32
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,949member
    If plastic, and for kids, wouldn’t it be WatchC?