Apple One bundle includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and more

Comments

• Reply 21 of 85

kkqd1337 said:
    they should have called it Apple Junk.
    Nonsense. iCloud storage is better priced than Dropbox (still needs a better sharing UI tho), and Music has been a hit for us. ATV+ has some great shows. 
    bloggerblogBeatsking editor the gratedewmemike1uraharapscooter63lolliverspock1234williamlondon
  • Reply 22 of 85

I'd use the Family bundle because we already have Apple TV+, Apple Music and iCloud Storage, but not Arcade.  But what I'd really like to do is drop Arcade and get 2TB of storage instead of 200GB.  And I have no need for News+ or Fitness+.  So I hope there's some flexibility to customize here.
    I don't think there is, or they would have mentioned it. 
    lolliverspock1234
  • Reply 23 of 85
    It’s not clear in the original post, but the “premier” plan has a 2TB iCloud plan, not the same 200 GB as the “family” service.
    Beatswilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 85
    I'd use the Family bundle because we already have Apple TV+, Apple Music and iCloud Storage, but not Arcade.  But what I'd really like to do is drop Arcade and get 2TB of storage instead of 200GB.  And I have no need for News+ or Fitness+.  So I hope there's some flexibility to customize here.
    Exactly 200GB is not enough for a family. I want ATV+, Music, iCloud  2TB and News+
    They need to be flexible. I will never be interested in Arcade or Fitness+
    williamlondon
  • Reply 25 of 85
    I currently pay $134.88 a year for the Annual Apple Music service plus 200GB iCloud Storage.  So for only $44.52 more ($3.71 a month), I could also get Apple's walled garden games and Tim Cook's slate of TV shows.  Sounds good but no, still not worth it; maybe if they threw in Apple News with it but frankly, those three services aren't doing it for me and no wonder they're trying to bundle them.
  • Reply 26 of 85
    Won't save me any money unless I want to add Apple Arcade. I'm not much for playing computer games though. Still nice plans for a family. If Apple substituted Apple News+ for Apple Arcade I might find it interesting. Plus I don't know what the cost for adding 200 GB to the individual plan's 50 GB is yet but I'm assuming the standard $2.99 right now.

I should probably sign up for Fitness+ but I know I won't use it enough to get my moneys worth. Apple should allow a mix and match for all their services. Sure, make the standard bundles these selections but then allow an advanced selection where you get to choose amongst all their services. Even if I only saved a few dollars a month, I would sign up. Without the bundle, I might consider dropping Apple TV+ when my free year is up. I watch a few things but I'm not sure it is worth $5month.  I don't think that is what they want.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 85
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    I do not want even 1 of those services much less all of them combined lol.
    Did you just … lol yourself? 
    bloggerblogBeatsking editor the grateJinTechpscooter63Japheylolliverspock1234williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 85
    I just came here to say “Finally!!”
    Beatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 85
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    TripleDC said:
    Did they say what happens to folks who are already paying for one of the services (in my case, Music)?  Does it just get rolled into the ONE program, or do we have to do something ourselves?
    You clearly have to sign up for one. What happens if you are in the middle of a month for music I don’t know - no doubt a pro rata rebate. If not cancel music and on the days it’s cancelled sign up for the bundle. 
    edited September 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 85
    loopless said:
    Exactly 200GB is not enough for a family. I want ATV+, Music, iCloud  2TB and News+
    They need to be flexible. I will never be interested in Arcade or Fitness+
    As I mentioned, 200GB really needs to be bumped to ½ TB (500/512 GB). That would be perfect to allow us to back up our devices again. We have to make the choice between having our devices backed up and having some photos in our accounts. But can't do both. The 2 TB plan (and Premier plan) is out of budget.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 85
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    I'm still disappointed that they refuse to up the storage capacities of the mid tier range. Like at least boost it to ½ TB. 200 GB is just barely enough for a family of 4 to store documents, email, photos and backup and 2 TB is too much.

Goldielocks
    lolliverspock1234williamlondon
  • Reply 32 of 85

The Apple One page on Apple's site says you can add extra iCloud storage to the bundles but nothing yet on pricing. But at least the bundles are flexible in that regard. I can't get by with only 50 GB of iCloud storage without some major shifting of my normal usage.

https://www.apple.com/apple-one/

Search for "In case you missed anything."->"What if I need more iCloud storage?"
    edited September 2020 Beatsskippingrockrandominternetpersonmbenz1962watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 85
    Beats said:
    I'm still disappointed that they refuse to up the storage capacities of the mid tier range. Like at least boost it to ½ TB. 200 GB is just barely enough for a family of 4 to store documents, email, photos and backup and 2 TB is too much.

Goldielocks
    Yup, just right…! :) but what I meant is too much as in expensive for our budget.
    Beatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 85
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Is that 2TB shared between six of you, or 2TB each?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 85
    Beats said:

Goldielocks
    Yup, just right…! :) but what I meant is too much as in expensive for our budget.

Ok gotcha. Thought you meant 200GB too little and 2TB too much. You can never have too much storage. Just used to people bit**ing in here.
    skippingrocklolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 85
    jdb8167 said:

The Apple One page on Apple's site says you can add extra iCloud storage to the bundles but nothing yet on pricing. But at least the bundles are flexible in that regard. I can't get buy with only 50 GB of iCloud storage without some major shifting of my normal usage.

https://www.apple.com/apple-one/

Search for "In case you missed anything."->"What if I need more iCloud storage?"
    Thanks for pointing that out @jdb8167!
    Still for any family 200 GB is really not enough.
    One day they'll have to bump it.
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 85
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,356member
    Welp, looks like we'll be switching to the Apple One Family bundle. We're already paying $15/mo for music, one member $1/mo for 50gb, me $3/mo for 200gb (I only use 55gb), so combining them, and getting ATV+ and Arcade for $1 more? No reason not to.
    The middle tier looks like the sweet spot for a lot of folks. I was toying with the idea of trying Arcade, but this makes it a freebie - very easy decision.
    randominternetpersonBeatsmbenz1962lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 85
    dewme said:
    Welp, looks like we'll be switching to the Apple One Family bundle. We're already paying $15/mo for music, one member $1/mo for 50gb, me $3/mo for 200gb (I only use 55gb), so combining them, and getting ATV+ and Arcade for $1 more? No reason not to.
    The middle tier looks like the sweet spot for a lot of folks. I was toying with the idea of trying Arcade, but this makes it a freebie - very easy decision.

Now if Apple allowed exclusive titles for A14 chips (and a new A14 Apple TV) that would be great for Arcade!
    aderutterlolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 85
    I pay for 2TB, Music+, and News+. I get TV+ for a year free. What I need is 4TB iCloud for all our backups and shared Desktops. But nowhere can we add storage past 2TB.
    FileMakerFellerwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 85
    Will there be an annual option like now? 
    watto_cobra