Apple One bundle includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and more

Comments

• Reply 41 of 85
    AniMill said:
    I pay for 2TB, Music+, and News+. I get TV+ for a year free. What I need is 4TB iCloud for all our backups and shared Desktops. But nowhere can we add storage past 2TB.
    I'm sure you are aware you can start a second paid iCloud account and thereby doubling your storage, but I mention this for the people who aren't aware of this, not for you.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 85
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    Will the individual services remain available for those that don’t need them all?

Of course.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 85

they should have called it Apple Junk.
    What exactly is your point besides letting everyone know you are miserable and hate Apple? Sad to be like that and be so angry.

You remind me of the guy who voluntarily goes to the party and then sits in the corner pouting and muttering that everyone else is a jerk, while secretly praying someone walks up to them and asks what's wrong so they can whine about how unfair life is to them.
    Rayz2016StrangeDaystitantigerMplsPfirelocklolliverspock1234JanNLwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 44 of 85
    @Beats ;

at least we can now use iOS14 minimum target and A12 minimum processor (driven in part by new ARKit4 features that require A12 as a minimum). So moving in the right direction.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 85
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    If Apple continues the free Apple TV+ with new hardware purchase, this wouldn't save me anything. I don't subscribe to Arcade and this wouldn't encourage me to.
    However, if they ended the promo and I was inclined to subscribe to TV+ for a whole year, it would be like getting Arcade for $8/year. Might try it.
    Would like to see an incentive to pay once per year, like with Music.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 46 of 85
    It's a good idea and may make economic sense for our household even though we would have to take an item or two we have no interest in to get what we want.

I would have been more pleased if they gave you a menu you could pick from and create your own bundle. One from column A, B, C etc.
    JanNLwatto_cobrajcs2305
  • Reply 47 of 85
    I’d like to do the Family Plan but 200GB iCloud storage isn’t enough. Me and my wife each use almost all of our 200GB plans individually now. $30 seems a bit too much for me, especially because I have zero interest in Apple News or Apple Arcade. Not sure about Fitness+ yet either. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 48 of 85
    The only service I use of Apple's is iCloud, this does not interest me otherwise. 
    Oferwilliamlondon
  • Reply 49 of 85
    I think the sweet spot for the Premier would have been $24.99 instead of $29.99. That definitely would have made me spend more money on services I don’t really need or use. Another great option would have been to let us choose. Either way I have to figure out what I want to add now. Lol. You still got me Apple. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 50 of 85
    This fall.. gheeze... I want it now!
    foregoneconclusionStrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 51 of 85
    spice-boy said:
    The only service I use of Apple's is iCloud, this does not interest me otherwise. 
    Thanks for letting us know. Was really getting hot under the collar not knowing...
    mike1firelockJapheylolliverspock1234Rayz2016williamlondonwatto_cobraasdasd
  • Reply 52 of 85
    customtb said:
    This fall.. gheeze... I want it now!
    I do too, but I think I can wait six days.

Did you realize "this fall" could mean six whole days to September 21st?

watto_cobra
  • Reply 53 of 85
    Rayz2016 said:
    I do not want even 1 of those services much less all of them combined lol.
    Did you just … lol yourself? 
    Kind of like a 70s sitcom laugh track!
    Or canned stadium noise...
    lolliverRayz2016williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 54 of 85
    mike1 said:
    If Apple continues the free Apple TV+ with new hardware purchase, this wouldn't save me anything. I don't subscribe to Arcade and this wouldn't encourage me to.
    I thought the "free year of TV+" only applies to the first time you buy Apple hardware on any Apple iCloud account. If you want a second year of free TV+ for a new purchase I think you need to get a second iCloud account for that subsequent "free year." But I've been wrong once before in my life.

FileMakerFellerlolliverspock1234watto_cobra
  • Reply 55 of 85
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    We currently have 2TB iCloud and family Apple Music which works out about AUD$34.  We get TV+ for free, but thinking of not paying for it as there just isn’t enough there. But if there is all of a sudden a big increase in content in the next month or so we might keep it, at which point might as well go premier, even though arcade and fitness+ are something I would never buy stand alone, and I despise “Curated” news+.

I guess if it artificially bumps up subscription numbers for services in the bundle that people don’t use, it will help with the metrics for some junior executives’ performance agreements
    edited September 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 56 of 85
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Dumb, Fitness+ SHOULD BE INCLUDED!!!!
    It was announced a few hours ago and you’re already entitled to it?  That’s got to be a record.
    FileMakerFellerspock1234JanNLRayz2016watto_cobra
  • Reply 57 of 85
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    Pass. They added another service I’m not interested in, but did not improve the iCloud cost ot add any tiers. I’ll be staying with what I have.
    skippingrock
  • Reply 58 of 85
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    aderutter said:
    @Beats ;

at least we can now use iOS14 minimum target and A12 minimum processor (driven in part by new ARKit4 features that require A12 as a minimum). So moving in the right direction.

@aderutter ;
    Really? How would you feel about exclusive Arcade games for Apple TV and Macs both running Apple Silicon Mac chips?

How does the A14 compare to consoles? Is it as powerful as say a PS4 Pro?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 59 of 85
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    supadav03 said:
    I’d like to do the Family Plan but 200GB iCloud storage isn’t enough. Me and my wife each use almost all of our 200GB plans individually now. $30 seems a bit too much for me, especially because I have zero interest in Apple News or Apple Arcade. Not sure about Fitness+ yet either. 
    In your scenario it'll come down to how much Apple charges for purchasing additional iCloud storage on top of what the bundle comes with, which they already say you can do. If the $20 plan gives you 200 GB and they charge the full $10 for adding on a 2 TB storage plan like they now charge, leaving you with 2.2 TB and a $30 bill, then it's a wash. I'm hoping that they at least allow you to substitute the 2 TB storage for the 200 GB storage and knock $3 off the bottom line price, so you're paying $27 for the plan you really want. It's kind of a small potatoes  decision at that point.

I wasn't expecting the Fitness+ announcement at all. If you are part of a family it seems reasonable to let other family members take a look at those services before you decide on a plan. You may not get anything out of Arcade, News+, or Fitness+ but other family members may find them very appealing. 
    edited September 2020 spock1234JanNLwatto_cobra
  • Reply 60 of 85
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    gilly33 said:
    Will there be an annual option like now? 
    Would be nice. As far as I know, Apple Music individual subscription (not family) is the only annual membership that I am aware of. It is a nice deal at $99/year.