Here's how much money you can save with an Apple One services bundle

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2022
Apple One Services bundles can save you a lot of money per month, especially if somebody in your family is headed off to college. Here's a look at some scenarios of Apple subscriptions versus what you get in each tier of Apple One bundles.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple

There are three Apple One tiers: an Individual plan that costs $14.95 a month; a family sharing option at $19.95 a month; and a Premier plan that include more services for $29.95 a month. The first two feature Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and iCloud storage, while the latter tier throws in Apple News+ and Apple Fitness .

Read on for how each tier breaks down, and how much you could save compared to purchasing each service individually.

Individual plan

• Apple Music: $9.99

• Apple TV+: $4.99

• Apple Arcade: $4.99

• iCloud storage, 50GB: $0.99

• Total cost: $20.96

• Apple One plan: $14.95

• Savings per month: $6.01
The individual plan includes the core of Apple's entertainment lineup, as well as 50GB of iCloud storage. It'll save individuals about $6 a month if they already subscribe to Apple's music, TV and game subscriptions.

Note that the individual plan won't let you share your Apple Music or iCloud storage with family members. For that, you'll need the Family or Premier plans.

Apple One Family plan

• Apple Music Family: $14.99

• iCloud storage, 200GB: $2.99 a month

• Total cost of individual services: $27.96

• Apple One plan: $19.95

• Savings per month: $8.01
The Apple One savings get larger as you go up in tiers, and the Family plan will let families of up to six members save about $8 a month on Apple's entertainment services.

Unlike the Premier plan, Apple One Family doesn't include Apple News+ or Fitness+. It does allow for family sharing.

Apple One Premier plan

• Apple Music Family: $14.99

• iCloud storage, 2TB: $9.99 a month

• Apple News+: $9.99

• Apple Fitness+: $9.99

• Total cost of individual services: $54.94

• Apple One plan: $29.95

• Total savings: $24.99
The Premier plan includes Apple's entire slate of services, even Apple News+ and the newly debuted Apple Fitness+. Its price of $29.95 represents about a $25 savings per month compared to subscribing to all the services separately.

Premier is also the only option if either the Fitness+ or News+ services are crucial for you. Apple does note that Premier isn't going to be available everywhere because News+ is restricted to Australia, Canada, the U.K., and the U.S. Similarly, Fitness+ won't be available until later in 2020, meaning Premier subscribers won't get access to it until it's added.

More savings for a family, than individually

The individual tier, with about $6 of monthly saving, may make sense for users who needed an excuse to try Apple's other services. But Apple One really shines in the family options, and they aren't geolocked to one household address.

Most of Apple's services, with the exception of Apple Music, offer family sharing with up to five other family members. But for Apple-centric families who already subscribe to the company's various services, that $8-a-month savings is going to add up. Especially since some of Apple's services, like the Apple Music Family Plan, aren't available as annual purchases.

Although the most expensive tier, Premier unlocks Apple's newest fitness service and only costs $29.95 a month.

Apple's fitness service is gradually becoming a serious contender in the wellness space. Compared to existing subscriptions, like Peloton's All Access Membership, it's also significantly cheaper.

While $6 or $8 a month may not seem like that much, it's helpful to look at how much money you'll be saving a year if you get an Apple One subscription. For example:
  • Individual: $72 a year

• Family:$96 a year

• Premier: $299 a year
If you're an Apple Card holder, then you could stand to save even more money with 3% Daily Cash back. For example, 3% of $29.95 for Premier works out to be about $0.90 a month, or savings of more than $10 a year.

Put another way, whether Apple One is going to save you any money depends on what Apple subscriptions you keep active. If you already pay for all of Apple's services individually, then that $300 a year is significant.

Read on AppleInsider
Beats

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    Will the à la carte pricing be an option? Or does everyone get moved to Apple One?
    Scot1
  • Reply 2 of 33
    Benderclb said:
    Will the à la carte pricing be an option? Or does everyone get moved to Apple One?
    Each service is still available separately. 
    watto_cobraBeats
  • Reply 2 of 33
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Benderclb said:
    A la carte is still available.
    watto_cobraBeats
  • Reply 4 of 33
    My music plan allows me to pay yearly at $99 which already is a substantial discount. I hope these new plans offer similar discounts for subscribing by the year... then i may actually be interested.
    kgarrrazorpitJapheyfastasleepwatto_cobraBeatsmike1
  • Reply 5 of 33
    aderutter said:
    If you already pay for all of Apple's services individually, then that $300 a month is significant.
    The plans are cheaper than I thought they’d be but I still think the plans are expensive. 
    Compared to what? Dropbox is $10/mo for the same 2TB that iCloud 2TB is (Dropbox doesn't offer anything less), and Spotify is the same $10/mo that Apple Music is. You can't bundle Dropbox and Spotify together, so if you get them that's $20/mo already, with no gaming or TV offerings.
    edited September 2020 ronnchiafastasleepwatto_cobrawilliamlondonlolliver
  • Reply 6 of 33
    I’m all in on Premier as it’s a no-brainer for my house, esp with access to Fitness+ which stole the show for me today. 

We already spend £25 for family Music, Arcade and a couple of 200GB iCloud plans, so the rest for the same price is a bonus; in fact, I think it’s a pretty great deal getting Fitness+ and way more iCloud storage for no more money. 

I didn’t see myself subscribing to TV+ any time soon and News+ doesn’t interest me in the slightest TBH, but looks like they’ve got me anyway 🙄! 

Good job Apple. For real. 

ronnJapheywatto_cobraBeatslolliver
  • Reply 7 of 33
    My music plan allows me to pay yearly at $99 which already is a substantial discount. I hope these new plans offer similar discounts for subscribing by the year... then i may actually be interested.
    Exactly.

Apple Arcade and AppleTV+ also offer yearly subscriptions. The saving is more like $2.75 for the individual plan when you consider all that.
    JanNLJaphey
  • Reply 8 of 33
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    kgarr said:
    Exactly.

Apple Arcade and AppleTV+ also offer yearly subscriptions. The saving is more like $2.75 for the individual plan when you consider all that.
    Notably, the Apple Music Family Plan does NOT allow yearly.
    ronnMplsPRayz2016llamawatto_cobradewme
  • Reply 9 of 33
    Nothing groundbreaking here. Just marketing trying to rope more people into monthly noose. 
    cy_starkmanwilliamlondon
  • Reply 10 of 33
    Individual plan at 50GB is on the low end, would’ve preferred 200GB instead. Oh well, I guess I’ll stay with the a la carte. Really wanted an excuse to tryout Arcade and Music. 
    cy_starkman
  • Reply 11 of 33
    kgarr said:
    Exactly.

Even the new Fitness thing is 10/month or 80/year (= 6.66/month). I have this sad feeling that we're not going to get yearly bundle prices. I'll probably end up with $15 plan (already subscribe to each thing) plus 80/year for Fitness. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 33
    My family already has the Music and 2TB iCloud service... Apple One is a no-brainer for us - minimal extra cost (which we probably would have paid anyway, adding TV+ when our free year runs out) and extra services at the Premium tier.
    ronnBeatsllama
  • Reply 13 of 33
    Individual plan at 50GB is on the low end, would’ve preferred 200GB instead. Oh well, I guess I’ll stay with the a la carte. Really wanted an excuse to tryout Arcade and Music. 

You can increase the storage, but, obviously, the price will go up a bit. Still might be worth it.

I”m all in with the Premier tier... already paying $23 a month for 200GB/music/arcade/tv+ to be able to add news+/fitness for $6 more is definitely worth it... Especially with everything as “Family”.
    ronnBeatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 33
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    aderutter said:
    If you already pay for all of Apple's services individually, then that $300 a month is significant.
    The plans are cheaper than I thought they’d be but I still think the plans are expensive. 
    Compared to what? Dropbox is $10/mo for the same 2TB that iCloud 2TB is (Dropbox doesn't offer anything less), and Spotify is the same $10/mo that Apple Music is. You can't bundle Dropbox and Spotify together, so if you get them that's $20/mo already, with no gaming or TV offerings.
    Microsoft 356 Family - $100/year includes 6 TB and MS office apps
    Amazon - $60/year for 1TB
    Google Drive - $100/year for 2 TB
    iCloud - $120/year for 2 TB
    iDrive - $52/year for 2 TB
    Box - $10/month for 100 GB or $15/month per user for unlimited storage

Like every package, It all depends on what you use and are looking for, for straight storage, Apple is pretty much in the middle of the pack. It would be nice if Apple had a yearly subscription for the family music plan and the iCloud storage plans. If you want 2tB of storage but an individual apple music and don't care about the rest then it's not that good of a deal. If you already subscribe to 3 or 4 of the services you can save a bit of money.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 15 of 33
    p-dogp-dog Posts: 131member
    Bundle bundle bundle bundle bundle bundle bundle!!!

I am so excited about this aspect of the presentation today that I nearly wet my pants. I think the bundle plans are much cheaper than people anticipated and I will definitely save a ton of money with them. I am currently paying $25 per month for family Apple Music, Apple Arcade, 200 GB storage plus 50 GB + 50 GB storage for my two daughters. (I won’t share my 200 GB with them because they would chew up that limited space with their careless storage usage. 2 TB I would share, however.) Now I could get Apple TV+, News+, Fitness+ AND 2 TB for $5 more? F yeah!!!!!

Everything else outside of this part of the Keynote will fade away in my mind as I scream with excitement about the Apple One plan.
    ronnBeatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 33
    I was disappointed that this wasn’t a “make your own bundle” concept, and I have zero use for the Arcade service. Then I took a moment and added up what I pay for, albeit at random times in the month: Apple Music Family, Apple TV +, News, and the 200gb cloud. Suddenly, I realize I’m paying $33/mo for this, while the largest bundle gives me 2tb of Cloud, the intriguing Exercise service, and saves me $3/mo in the process. Since I was contemplating switching to cameras with HomeKit Secure Video, the 2tb plan would have been needed anyway. 

So my apologies to Apple. This wasn’t what I wanted, but it is apparently what I need. 
    ronnsuperklotonRayz2016mbenz1962llamaBeatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 33
    I have the AppleTV+/CBS All Access/Showtime combo. 
    How does this fit into any of the Apple One tiers?
    edited September 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 33
    Here are the monthly prices if you sign up for yearly subscriptions:

Apple Music: $8.25
    Apple TV+: $4.17
    Apple Arcade: $4.17
    iCloud Storage: $0.99 (no yearly plan)
    Apple News: $9.99 (no yearly plan)
    Apple Fitness+: $6.67

So that's $17.58 separately instead of $20.96 for the individual plan and $34.24 separately instead of $54.94 for the premier plan. Of course, Apple One is still cheaper but the difference is much smaller now ($2.64 instead of $6.01 for the individual plan and $14.29 instead of $25 for the premier plan)
    edited September 2020 ronn
  • Reply 19 of 33
    Here are the monthly prices if you sign up for yearly subscriptions:

Apple Music: $8.25
    Apple TV+: $4.17
    Apple Arcade: $4.17
    iCloud Storage: $0.99 (no yearly plan)
    Apple News: $9.99 (no yearly plan)
    Apple Fitness+: $6.67

So that's $17.58 separately instead of $20.96 for the individual plan and $34.24 separately instead of $54.94 for the premier plan. Of course, Apple One is still cheaper but the difference is much smaller now ($2.64 instead of $6.01 for the individual plan and $14.29 instead of $25 for the premier plan)
    Exactly. And let's not also forget that for AppleTV+ if you buy a new eligible device you get a whole year for free anyway and there doesn't appear to be a change to that coming yet.

For my current subscriptions I'm in several minds.
    1. I currently have iCloud (2TB), Apple Music (Family), and AppleTV+. This should cost me $29.97 per month, but with the AppleTV+ annual plan I can get to $29.15 per month ($349.75 per year) which comes out as a $9.65 saving per year (excluding taxes) against the AppleOne Premier plan.
    2. If I bought a new AppleTV (which is on my purchase list before the end of the year) then I could get AppleTV+ free for a year. That completely changes the dynamic as I'm now sitting at $24.98 per month. Changes to the iCloud and Music plans are non-negotiable as the family uses them.
    HOWEVER...
    • The daughter could probably make use of AppleArcade soon as she's getting old enough to find some value in it and there are some interesting titles I would enjoy filling time up with during my commute to/from school drop off/pickup (public transit only);
    • My family sharing members would probably make use of AppleNews+ if we had it as we do find ourselves reading articles and coming up against the subscription wall; and
    • Some family sharing members seem really interested in AppleFitness+ so the 3 month free trial will be taken up and with it the possibility to continue afterwards.
    So while the situation right now makes the AppleOne Premier plan a touch and go decision, I can foresee that come December 2020 or March 2021 it will be a an easy decision to make to subscribe.

Everyone's case will be different as it will depend on the value you perceive and how dependent you are on family sharing benefits.
    ronngeorge kaplanwatto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 33
    I wonder what this means for those of us who used to pay for MobileMe and still have no way to easily merge iCloud accounts. My dilemma is that my family of 6 is tied to my iCloud account via my old me.com address, and we use that for 2TB of iCloud sharing, calendar sharing, etc, but all of my Apple iTunes content and music is tied to my other email address, which I had long before MobileMe. I haven't looked that closely, but I'm guessing my only way to get to Premier will be to merge everything under one account. I'd pay the extra $5 to get the extra services, but a family sharing migration to my other iCloud account sounds like a risky/horrible proposition.
    williamlondon