Zuckerberg knocks rumored 'Apple Glass' tech, says HUDs are like 'putting an Apple Watch o...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    "Fortunately, however, the processing power to track a VR headset wearer's location and attention in real time DOES exist, and we're going to implement in every new headset we make!"
    JaiOh81watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 37
    Zuck would rather have a heavy shoebox strapped to his head. He also must not have gotten the memo on Apple’s 5nm A series chips on the horizon ... that’s how Apple will solve the mega processing requirements. Facebook is using much slower Qualcomm chips, they will need another few generations to have a product that can keep up and that anyone would want to wear.
    cat52watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 37
    robaba said:
    I’m sorry, do people even pretend to listen to this guy anymore?
    Probably non-Apple fans who are believers of the Wall Street religion. You know, those who only respect “business success”.
    cat52watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 37
    So this grotesquely self-serving tech bro is slamming Apple for ... making a thing he hasn’t seen yet... and for making a thing his own stupid hellscape company is also working on?

I mean, wasn't there just a story about Facebook partnering with some other mega Corp to make “smart glasses” or some shit of their own? Frankly I don’t want it from any company, but this endless “corporation slams Apple” shit is exactly like the rich bros complaining about when they say people attack the wealthy because they’re jealous of the success. I’m no mindless Apple ass-kisser, but the ganging up, and the blatantly hypocritical insincerity from other megacorps is disgusting.
    Gilliam_Batestobybeaglecat52watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 37
    Well there you go... Apple has all the incentive they need now.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 37
    Zuckerberg should clean up his own shop first.

edited September 2020 dewmewatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 37
    What does he call Occulus?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 37
    What does he call Occulus?
    A costly flop?
    cat52watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 37
    you'll never get a date wearing a stupid Oculus
    SpamSandwichcat52watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 37
    I love my oculus quest but I think there is an irony here because sticking one of those on your face is like putting a shoebox on your head I know I’d much sooner put my Apple Watch on my face then strap on a quest it’s too big too heavyAnd let’s be honest has very little street cred but it does deliver a great experience. I can’t wait to see what Apple does in this VRAR arena
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 37
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,020member
    sflocal said:
    Beats said:
    Apple is killing the "i". Too bad because iGlasses would have been perfect.
    The Apple trolls would have a field-day with "iGlasshole".
    No no, it's going to be A-holes.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 37
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,299member
    tshapi said:
    Zuckerberg is bad mouthing Apple glass to make loyal Facebook consumers second guess the product when it is released so then buy some Facebook  product instead that tracks them. 
    Advertisers are the only loyal Facebook consumers. Most user are product.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 37
    Z certainly has become an Apple troll. One more to pile on Tim & Co. Maybe he should get his own house in order before he criticizes………anyone!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 37
    Z certainly has become an Apple troll. One more to pile on Tim & Co. Maybe he should get his own house in order before he criticizes………anyone!
    Because Zuckerberg’s business is about to get a major hit to their profitability with Apple’s ad blocking. I feel nothing for him or his company.
    cat52watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 37
    Beats said:
    Zuck really is the innovator though. He knows what he's talking about......

P.S. Did anyone see the Occulus keynote pictured? He really thought he was Steve Jobs. lol
    The Ars review is a good read. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/09/review-we-do-not-recommend-the-299-oculus-quest-2-as-your-next-vr-system/
    cat52fastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 37
    mknelson said:
    Beats said:

P.S. Did anyone see the Occulus keynote pictured? He really thought he was Steve Jobs. lol
    The Ars review is a good read. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/09/review-we-do-not-recommend-the-299-oculus-quest-2-as-your-next-vr-system/
    I wasn't likely to use my Rift anymore anyway, but that just cements my decision.
    cat52watto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 37
    mknelson said:
    Beats said:

Holy crap, that section on the moderators being able to silently spy on you or record your actions and voice. NO FUCKING WAY.
    tobybeaglewatto_cobra