Apple releases iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 updates

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    I don’t care how they’ve over complicated the design of the Sleep app and now buried it in the Health section. It was fine where it was in the Alarm section before. 
    baluwatto_cobra
  • Reply 62 of 66
    Did the clipboard monitoring function make it into the GA release? I haven’t seen it flash a notice yet, but I’m also pretty selective on what apps I load on my iPhone and iPad. I tried manually pasting and that didn’t generate and alert, but that makes sense because this feature is trying to show apps that are secretly reading the clipboard. Maybe the app developers have gotten their act together since the betas were released and removed this “bug” from their software. “bug” because it was really a feature. This is good because I use the clipboard to paste passwords from my password safe app - MacPass.

Also, any word if this feature is supposed to make its way into macOS?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 63 of 66
    Don’t need widgets, just as pointless as back in the Vista days. Same goes for App library. Shame about the overtly cumbersome way to set my wake up times now. Sorry to see time setting changes in calendar. Siri now even worse, who would have thought that’s possible. And mini call display not happening. On the plus side I like the mac os side menus in the works apps. Overall will get used to this iOS as with previous iterations and probably stop moaning and complaining by the end of this week as I won’t have to touch my idiotic android work clone over the weekend.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 64 of 66
    Love the new Sleep Schedule. Now I can do multiple schedules with different sleep times on different days. I do find it weird that it moves to Health app. Fortunately you can still access it from Alarm clock app.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 65 of 66
    AppleZulu said:
    dr. x said:
    AppleZulu said:
    dr. x said:
    0ID0 said:
    dr. x said:
    0ID0 said:
    How to disable the App Library?

I don't think you can.
    Rearrange?
    Apple created some impossible grouping with same crazy naming and cannot drag from one group to another, even renaming is not possible!?

Or like @randominternetperson said, just don't use it and was going to say the same thing as well.

You can still use your own custom folders on the home pages, right? All that's still there, and the App Library is just a new 'last page,' is that correct?

Yes, correct. I just confirmed this that you can still create custom folders and yes App Library is the new last page.
    Thank you! I don't see how the app library is a problem for anyone, then. Doesn't seem like it takes anything away from any organizing you've already done, but rather adds some options, that you can use or not use.
    App library not a problem per se just unnecessary imho and thus more like cluttering my devices with unwanted stuff
  • Reply 66 of 66
    dr. x said:
    tzeshan said:
    Google already has an app called Translate. Will this cause conflict?
    I have both the Apple translate app and Google translate app and haven't seen any issues with both of them installed. I haven't used both of them simultaneously though.

Apple’s translation app is not bad, all things considered. Google Translate has more languages, more ‘personalities’ speaking the translations, can have two people speak to each other in different languages naturally in a two way conversation while using the app to translate live, and it translates signs and other printed things in different languages...
    edited September 2020