New AirPods firmware enables Spatial Audio, automatic switching

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    AppleZulu said:
    Well... I was wrong so far about Atmos and spatial audio formats in Apple Music, but I still think it's coming. Also, no new iPhone in this announcement. I am surprised they're releasing iOS 14 tomorrow without that. Perhaps there will be a point update with the phone release later that unlocks new features.
    You're still more accurate than most of these leaks that AI et al. so happily share these past weeks.

https://youtu.be/B-N1yJyrQRY
  • Reply 42 of 51
    how much time it'll take to come spatial audio feature in netflix and vlc. ?
  • Reply 43 of 51
    Just updated. Just keep them plugged inside the case, you can keep track of the process of when it starts if you connect them to your PC which will provide an audio queue when you connect/disconnect. This will indicate that the update is in process. You can also keep an eye out on the General>About tab and you'll see them disconnect when they are being updated.

• Reply 44 of 51
    I have just upgraded my iPhone and my iPad to iOS14, and only the iPhone offers the spatial sound option .... Anyone to confirm ?
  • Reply 45 of 51
    hydrogen said:
    I have just upgraded my iPhone and my iPad to iOS14, and only the iPhone offers the spatial sound option .... Anyone to confirm ?
    Modern iPads and iPad Pros also support spatial audio. 

From Apple:
    Works with iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (3rd generation) and later, iPad Pro 11‑inch, iPad Air (3rd generation) and later, iPad (6th generation) and later, and iPad mini (5th generation).

• Reply 46 of 51
    jdb8167 said:
    hydrogen said:

From Apple:
    Works with iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (3rd generation) and later, iPad Pro 11‑inch, iPad Air (3rd generation) and later, iPad (6th generation) and later, and iPad mini (5th generation).

Mine is iPad Pro (12,9 "), ML0Q2NF/A
  • Reply 47 of 51
    hydrogen said:
    jdb8167 said:
    hydrogen said:

From Apple:

Sorry that iPad Pro does not support spatial audio. 

• Reply 48 of 51
    jdb8167 said:
    hydrogen said:
    jdb8167 said:
    hydrogen said:

From Apple:

Sorry that iPad Pro does not support spatial audio. 

Thanks for your reply.
  • Reply 49 of 51
    Note to anyone out there with a spatial audio compatible device that may not be working... make sure ‘mono audio’ is OFF. 

Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Mono Audio > Deselect

Took me 24hrs to figure out why Spacial Audio wouldnt work on my iPad 6th gen. 🤪
  • Reply 50 of 51
    clarker99 said:
    Note to anyone out there with a spatial audio compatible device that may not be working... make sure ‘mono audio’ is OFF. 

Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Mono Audio > Deselect

Took me 24hrs to figure out why Spacial Audio wouldnt work on my iPad 6th gen. 🤪
    That whole "Accessibility" section has become a mess; a lot of stuff there should more logically be part of the actual settings for that something.
  • Reply 51 of 51
    Japhey said:
    I updated the Firmware.  Went to settings, but did not see the Spatial Audio option
    I’m not seeing it either. Firmware 3A283, factory reset, Public Beta 8. Nothing. 
    Spatial Audio, apparently, is an AirPod PRO only feature, and not available on regular AirPods - unlike what this article claims. Poorly researched and written.
    edited September 2020