Cherry Jones, Jason Segel star in Apple TV+ 'The Sky is Everywhere'

Posted:
in General Discussion
Cherry Jones and Jason Segel join Grace Kaufman in "The Sky is Everywhere," an A24 production set to debut on Apple TV+.

/gallery/37876-71516-Screen-Shot-2020-09-23-at-35720-PM-xs.jpg

"The Sky is Everywhere" follows American schoolgirl Lennie Walker, who has to deal with her older sister's death. Following romantic involvement with her sister's former fiance and another boy who shares her love of music, Lennie has to make a choice in which relationship she should move forward with.

It was recently reported that Grace Kaufman would play Lennie, with "The Sky is Everywhere" serving as her first starring role in a major studio film.

According to Deadline,Segel will play "Big," Lennie's eccentric uncle, while Jones will play "Gram," Lennie's loving Grandmother.

The script is written by novel author Nelson, with "Madeline's Madeline" director Josephine Decker also attached to direct the piece. Denise Di Novi and Margaret French Isaac are executive producers on the film along with Decker.

Production company A24's first collaboration with Apple is "On the Rocks," a film starring Bill Murray and Rashida Jones, and directed by Sofia Coppola.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    At least the Foundation series is still on the horizon. I’ll be canceling my Apple TV+ subscription once the free trial period lapses.
    lkruppJazzMonkey
  • Reply 2 of 5
     100% white, utter lack of diversity. Doesn't this violate some policy or law?

Yes, I'm being sarcastic.
    JazzMonkeywatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    At least the Foundation series is still on the horizon. I’ll be canceling my Apple TV+ subscription once the free trial period lapses.
    Please don’t stop letting us all know how disinterested you are in every project to come on ATV+ though.

You had me at A24. Imagine dismissing something from that studio sign unseen. 🙄 
    lolliverStrangeDaysJapheyRayz2016watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Please don’t stop letting us all know how disinterested you are in every project to come on ATV+ though.

You had me at A24. Imagine dismissing something from that studio sign unseen. 🙄 
    I know, these people are hilarious. Whether it's television or watches or whatever, when they pass judgement on subjective tastes (especially those they haven't even seen), they may as well be saying, "I don't like strawberry ice cream! Only chocolate is good! Rawr!"
    watto_cobrafastasleepCluntBaby92
  • Reply 5 of 5
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member

You had me at A24. Imagine dismissing something from that studio sign unseen. ߙ䦡mp;nbsp;
    I’m actually the complete opposite. I’ll watch anything from that studio whether I’ve heard anything about it or not. I haven’t seen one bad, or even mediocre thing from them yet. A lot of people talk about Apple possibly buying them, but I hope that never happens. I wouldn’t want anything to disturb whatever mojo they have going on there. 
    edited September 2020 watto_cobraCluntBaby92