AMC+ launches on Apple TV Channels for $8.99 per month

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2020
AMC+ bundles content from AMC, Sundance, Shudder, and iFC Films into one streaming service now available on Apple TV Channels.

AMC+ now available on Apple TV channels
AMC+ now available on Apple TV channels

AMC+ is a premium streaming service that bundles content from multiple studios owned by the Comcast brand. The service first launched in June to Comcast customers, but now is available as a channel on the Apple TV app.

While this new subscription bundles content from other subscriptions, the individual channels still exist on Apple TV. Be sure to cancel any old subscription before starting a new one with AMC+.

Services integrated into the AMC+ streaming service

• Shudder - $5.99 per month
  • Sundance Now - $6.99 per month
  • iFC Films Unlimited - $5.99 per month
AMC+ includes content from the AMC television channel including "The Walking Dead" and "Mad Men" as well as a selection of movies every month. The service is ad-free and is $8.99 per month after a seven day free trial.

Introducing @AMCPlus, now available on the Apple TV app. Dive into groundbreaking dramas, sci-fi thrillers, and more award-winning series. https://t.co/OKAwpkbsHB pic.twitter.com/fd5KhB5umY

-- Apple TV (@AppleTV)

The industry is consolidating again as the streaming market becomes more competitive. An exclusive bundle for Apple TV+ subscribers was released in September which combined CBS All Access and Showtime for $9.99 per month. Apple will soon release a services bundle called Apple One which combines all of their services into a single monthly payment.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    AMC Networks is a publicly traded independent company, it’s not “owned by the Comcast brand”.

Comcast is only a distributor, just, as this article notes, as Apple is.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Was this named after Apple TV+/Disney+? I called it that more services will have "+" after them. So stupid and unoriginal.
    edited October 2020
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Ar40Ar40 Posts: 10member
    Beats said:
    Was this named after Apple TV+/Disney+? I called it that more services will have "+" after them. So stupid and unoriginal.
    You forgot CBS's rebranding as Paramount+. I think the floodgates are completely open now.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jgreg728jgreg728 Posts: 100member
    Makes me wish Disney+ and Peacock were channels too. I get other services like Hulu Amazon and Netflix being their own thing since they too are an amalgamation of other networks’ content, but services that are just of a single network really would work best being an integrated channel (on Amazon or Apple’s apps). I’m getting tired of the different UI’s and features that some services have and some don’t (not to mention levels of bitrate) and just wish more would become TV Channels in the TV App. CBS and AMC are doing it right tbh and I hope they’re successful enough where Disney+, Peacock and HBO Max decide to go that route too. 
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jgreg728jgreg728 Posts: 100member
    Makes me wish Disney+ and Peacock were channels too. I get other services like Hulu Amazon and Netflix being their own thing since they too are an amalgamation of other networks’ content, but services that are just of a single network really would work best being an integrated channel (on Amazon or Apple’s apps). I’m getting tired of the different UI’s and features that some services have and some don’t (not to mention levels of bitrate) and just wish more would become TV Channels in the TV App. CBS and AMC are doing it right tbh and I hope they’re successful enough where Disney+, Peacock and HBO Max decide to go that route too.