RAM inside 27 inch 2020 iMac

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware

Hi Everyone,
                    Could someone please help me with this.  I have bought a new 27inch 2020 iMac & it has 8Gb of RAM.  I would like to add more RAM 2 x 16Gb.  Once I buy the new  RAM that go inside the iMac (2 x 16Gb) do I pull out the 8Gb that it came with the new iMac & throw it in the trash?  I am a person who using the iMac for to shop on Ebay,Amazon, Online Stores, Banking & Edit a lot of pictures from RAW to jpeg.

May I also ask someone a question about Photo Editing Software.  I updated my old iMac to OS Catalina.  I lost 5 years of photographs(I wish I never updated) The Adobe Photo Shop will not work on my New iMac (I have a CD Rom to load Photoshop Elements 11). I would like to ask is there someone out there, that can advise me what is a GOOD Photo Editing Software for my new iMac that WORKS?  I do not want to pay monthly fees to Lightroom & companies like that, I want to buy it & own it.

I would really appreciate help with these TWO problems I have.  Thank you to anyone who can help me with my new iMac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator

Hi Everyone,
                        Could someone please help me with this.  I have bought a new 27inch 2020 iMac & it has 8Gb of RAM.  I would like to add more RAM 2 x 16Gb.  Once I buy the new  RAM that go inside the iMac (2 x 16Gb) do I pull out the 8Gb that it came with the new iMac & throw it in the trash?  I am a person who using the iMac for to shop on Ebay,Amazon, Online Stores, Banking & Edit a lot of pictures from RAW to jpeg.

May I also ask someone a question about Photo Editing Software.  I updated my old iMac to OS Catalina.  I lost 5 years of photographs(I wish I never updated) The Adobe Photo Shop will not work on my New iMac (I have a CD Rom to load Photoshop Elements 11). I would like to ask is there someone out there, that can advise me what is a GOOD Photo Editing Software for my new iMac that WORKS?  I do not want to pay monthly fees to Lightroom & companies like that, I want to buy it & own it.

I would really appreciate help with these TWO problems I have.  Thank you to anyone who can help me with my new iMac.

1) There are four RAM slots. Just keep the two in there, where they are.

2) I'm not much of a photo editor, so I will defer the second question to others more knowledgable than I.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    1. What Mike said.

2. You're looking for Pixelmator Pro.