Half of iPhone users believe they have 5G connectivity now

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    FatmanFatman Posts: 513member
    sflocal said:
    We have a local crackpot in our neighborhood that scurries around at night (like a rat) placing leaflets on our car windshields about the dangers of 5G.  It's random so we're never sure when she'll do it.  Honestly, if I catch her doing in the act, I'm going to rip her a new orifice.  It's embarrassing that today's world allows such ignorance to flourish.
    Well she may not be completely wrong - high doses of high frequency, high energy wave lengths cause ailments. There’s a reason they put a lead blanket on you when you get an X-ray. Xrays can cause cancerous growth by disrupting and destroying elements within your cells. I wouldn’t want a 5G transmitter next to my bedroom blasting away 24x7. Am I saying  Xrays and 5g are the same - no
    they are very far apart on the spectrum. But think about it ... long term constant bombardment by any type of radio wave to human cells can’t be healthy. Some have linked testicular cancer to cell phones kept in pants pockets.
    Dogpersonmuthuk_vanalingamihxo
  • Reply 22 of 31
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,125member
    Beats said:

Vaccines are for EXTREME cases. Then there's the other side who need a shot for everything like the common flu.
    I guess I like being EXTREME and not sick with the common flu* every damn Christmas!

*which kills 16,000-61,000 Americans every flu season. That high number is comparable to the annual US Cancer deaths…
    Dogperson
  • Reply 23 of 31
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,125member
    Fatman said:
    sflocal said:
    We have a local crackpot in our neighborhood that scurries around at night (like a rat) placing leaflets on our car windshields about the dangers of 5G.  It's random so we're never sure when she'll do it.  Honestly, if I catch her doing in the act, I'm going to rip her a new orifice.  It's embarrassing that today's world allows such ignorance to flourish.
    Well she may not be completely wrong - high doses of high frequency, high energy wave lengths cause ailments. There’s a reason they put a lead blanket on you when you get an X-ray. Xrays can cause cancerous growth by disrupting and destroying elements within your cells. I wouldn’t want a 5G transmitter next to my bedroom blasting away 24x7. Am I saying  Xrays and 5g are the same - no
    they are very far apart on the spectrum. But think about it ... long term constant bombardment by any type of radio wave to human cells can’t be healthy. Some have linked testicular cancer to cell phones kept in pants pockets.
    They have… CBC Marketplace showed some interesting scans of "rectangular" patches of tumors in the side of one fellow's head (side he uses his phone on) and in one Woman's breast aligning with her "bra pocket".

It's worth noting that millimetre wave radio like the highest speed 5G is blocked by a lot of things including your skin.

A phone right up against the flesh is a much stronger signal than you're getting from a tower, or every day from cosmic rays and the like.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    Beats said:
    MacPro said:
    jdb8167 said:
    rob53 said:
    Actually can’t wait to test Starlink which might take over everything. 
    Starlink requires a stationary dish about the size of a large pizza. I don’t think that is going to have a lot of impact on mobile. It is being targeted mostly for rural broadband use. 
     All that space tech just for rural use seems a waste. Then you read the worldwide rural population is not far behind urban numbers although urban is growing faster, or was, maybe that will change. That said I am sure static urban use will occur too, why not? Who doesn't like pizza?  ;)

It will be interesting to see how the virus impacts that.
    Already there are stories of people moving out of their offices and out to remote islands, forests and mountain tops during social distancing protocols.

But increasingly organizations are realizing that not only is it possible to operate with a  remote work force but that it's cheaper and often it is possible to attract a higher quality employee -- the "A" players as Steve Jobs described them.

For the staff, they end up with higher quality lives living in places they used to think of as vacation spots while they save money moving out of expensive, tech cities out to more remote areas.

Expanding quality, high speed internet access will only feed that trend.

But being less social also has a negative impact. Steve Jobs made employees socialize which created the genius of Pixar and Apple inventions.

Yes, True!   Moving staff from their cubicles out to the Caribbean beach or tree house on top of a mountain somewhere won't be 100%.   Some jobs require personal presence.   But historically it's been assumed (for a variety of reasons) that everybody had to be locked up inside those office walls in a cubicle, office or "open floor plan".

Those assumptions just got busted wide open.   And staff and employer now realize that, for many, they both win with "telecommuting"
    jeffharris
  • Reply 25 of 31
    These survey results don’t surprise me at all... just take a look at who these younger uneducated people are supporting for POTUS. The sooner he is voted out, the sooner the US will get back to normal. Let’s just hope the old adage “older and wiser” comes into play at some point with this generation. 🙄
  • Reply 26 of 31
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    dewme said:
    I don’t blame consumers at all for their ignorance on such matters. 
    Actually... consumers have to share some of the blame.  It just goes to show how easily manipulated people are in society.  With the right kinds of ads, marketing, etc, you get flat-earthers, anti-vaxxers, and 5G-conspiracy theorists.  
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 27 of 31
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    https://youtu.be/aUYZSopmtCk

This sums it up.  But ATT is worse.  
  • Reply 28 of 31
    sflocal said:
    dewme said:
    I don’t blame consumers at all for their ignorance on such matters. 
    Actually... consumers have to share some of the blame.  It just goes to show how easily manipulated people are in society.  With the right kinds of ads, marketing, etc, you get flat-earthers, anti-vaxxers, and 5G-conspiracy theorists.  

And with professionals targeting that propaganda and reinforcing it with knifelike precision, its going to get worse before it gets better.   Previously propaganda was mass distributed so a wide range of people could see it and refute it if necessary.  It was out in the open.   But today with computerized algorithms and social media, propaganda can be targeted to individual groups and even individuals.  And, since they are the only ones to see it, it goes unchallenged and unrebutted -- so it becomes true in the eyes of the victim.

It's not the first time.   Cults have operated on that principle for millenia:   closed circles hidden from society ever reinforcing whichever particular belief they were pushing.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    ihxoihxo Posts: 567member
    it's faster, not getting it right here right now is not the end of the world.

Not everyone needs to know what you think you are an expert in.

Knowing what is 5G is not exactly something you should write on your resume.

People will use it when it's cheap and widely available. who cares.
    edited October 2020 GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 30 of 31
    macgui said:
    Fatman said:
    "may not be completely wrong" and "not completely wrong" are two different things, completely, as in not the same.

And you're not saying x-rays and 5G are the same, but you're trying very hard to link them and make an implication.

Those "some" that have linked cancer to cellphones– are any of them Johns-Hopkins or the Mayo clinic or somebody not wearing a tin-foil hat? "He keeps a cellphone in is pocket and has testicular cancer" is indeed a link. However, it by no means shows or proves that cancer was caused by a cellphone. So many  supposed "links" are merely FUD bullshit spread by idiots much like the uninformed, unwashed masses many here are so quick to bash.

So think about it... Then do more than that. Do some actual research and at least objectively consider with is proven and what isn't before employing bias bases on little knowledge, possibly far more dangerous than cellphone RF.

Likewise, its been 'proven' that ice cream causes people to drown because more people drown when people eat ice cream....
  • Reply 31 of 31
    Let's face it AppleInsiders, we just aren't going to be taken-in by all of the 5G hype. It's all about 5G cell tower availability and there's precious little of that right now. But I'm calm... no really.