Leaked images show Apple's 'iPhone 12' in five colors

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2020
A reliable leaker has revealed images of the forthcoming "iPhone 12" in its five colors, including the previously rumored blue.

The iPhone 12 in blue and green
The iPhone 12 in blue and green

Hours ahead of Apple's expected unveiling of the "iPhone 12" range, notable leaker Evan Blass, has released five large images of the "iPhone 12" itself. The shots match Apple's style of presenting colors on its Apple Store page, and include the expected new blue color.

The
The "iPhone 12" in blue and green

Revealed on Evan Blass's Voice website, the leaker shares no details beyond "This is the iPhone 12 in Black, Blue, Green, Red, and White."

Blass has a strong record for leaking Apple hardware details. Most recently, he uncovered carrier evidence that the new phones will support 5G.

The
The "iPhone 12" in red, white and gray

The Apple Store where images like these may be expected to appear, is currently down ahead of Apple's event.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    The same notch?!?
    The same lightning port instead of USB-C?
    Still no borderless screen. Also, talking about the screen, I'd rather have 120Hz than 5G.
    Am I the only one not caring about 5G and wishing the design was updated?
    This is really starting to look antiquated to me.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    rwesrwes Posts: 200member
    The same notch?!?
    Still no borderless screen. Also, talking about the screen, I'd rather have 120Hz than 5G.
    In other news, (finally) for the first time in a bit, I'll be ordering on day one and handing down my iPhone 11 Pro to the partner; she'll love it moving from her 8. I'll use the 12 mini for a few and see it feels just as good in the hand as the 1st Gen iPhone SE, otherwise, if really compelling enough, get a 12 Pro later next year sometime. I dont think that'll happen though.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Yeah if the leaks are true, no change to design which is way overdue. I'm bored before the event even happens. I got a simply design that would work, put the new Touch ID sensor on the power button (like the new iPad Air), take out Face ID and place earpiece and front camera module within the top thin bezel. I would love a truly all screen display, the notch was fine for its time but it needs to go away.    
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Like that blue.
    GeorgeBMacrwesGrayeagleDogperson
  • Reply 5 of 13
    iPhone 6, 6S, 7, 8, SE2 = 5 generations of the same design
    iPhone X, XS, 11, 12 = 4 generations of the same design

Why is anyone surprised?
    rweskurai_kageGrayeagle
  • Reply 6 of 13
    rwesrwes Posts: 200member
    saldog said:

Why is anyone surprised?
    People are unreasonable, IMO anyway, and maybe even a little ridiculous (+ trolling). If you look at what/how Apple does things, why is anyone surprise?

If you're looking for a change (for changes sake perhaps), you're looking at the wrong company.

7 Generations of the Apple Watch (pretty much unchanged), MacBooks (last change was 5-6 years ago now?, and same plus before that), iPad, you name it.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    *Yawn*
    Same design (just a bit here and there), Same Yadayada...only 5G added and same modus operandi when lacking in ideas...add colors and hope everybody thinks it's new! Apple go take my money! take! and btw, no charger! and make it more expensive ya! F U Apple! I stopped buying!
  • Reply 8 of 13
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    No LiDAR??
  • Reply 9 of 13
    cpsro said:
    No LiDAR??
    This is the 12, it’s pretty clear it’s not getting lidar. That’s for the 12 Pro.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    caspian said:
    *Yawn*
    Same design (just a bit here and there), Same Yadayada...only 5G added and same modus operandi when lacking in ideas...add colors and hope everybody thinks it's new! Apple go take my money! take! and btw, no charger! and make it more expensive ya! F U Apple! I stopped buying!
    What are you getting from other manufacturers, that Apple can’t compete with?
    kurai_kage
  • Reply 11 of 13
    The same notch?!?
    The notch holds many sensors and needs the space. Besides these are the cheaper models, maybe the Pro versions will be different.
    The design seems updated in those images, iPad Pro style sides and glass back. I am not sure what the big deal about design changes anyways, all we see is the screen. The sides and the back, in my case anyways, are often covered by a case.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    rwes said:
    The same notch?!?
    In other news, (finally) for the first time in a bit, I'll be ordering on day one and handing down my iPhone 11 Pro to the partner; she'll love it moving from her 8. I'll use the 12 mini for a few and see it feels just as good in the hand as the 1st Gen iPhone SE, otherwise, if really compelling enough, get a 12 Pro later next year sometime. I dont think that'll happen though.
    I know this is off-topic, but as a linguist (armchair grammarian - psychiatrist by profession), this is near the top of my list of bad references. "the partner" like "the wife"; by using an article, in this case, "the", to describe a woman feels demeaning to me - like a possession rather than a human being/loved one. Better choices would include "my partner", "my wife"! For the 2 or 3 out there who give a rip about this, at the top of my list is the more/less/fewer construct. Though "less" is technically the opposite of "more", and is accurate in such instances as "less time" or 'less often", I regularly hear, "less people", for instance, when it should be "fewer people", etc. Ironically, when I typed "less people", Grammarly popped up to suggest "fewer". Where I tend to break the rule on this is in reference to my children, who I ofter call, "the kids". The reality is that things like these, over time, become the rule, rather than the exception. OK, schools out. Thanks for your indulgence. 

Now, on with the show. The event is about to start, so, I'll have more information to consider after that. I'm very happy with my 11Pro, but as a photographer, I'm always looking for more/better. I'll also be interested in Marques Brownlee's review. He's likely to have been "sitting" on an actual iPhone 12 in one form-factor or another, because of his well-deserved status as a reliable, top-of-the-foodchain, reviewer who honors his pledge to not divulge information prior to the release of what manufacturers send him. 
    Dogperson
  • Reply 13 of 13
    balubalu Posts: 13member
    saldog said:

Why is anyone surprised?
    Cos the wait and see...and get a new design rather than moaning and complaining 😬