Online Apple Store down ahead of iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro preorders

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2020
As is typical of a new product launch Apple has taken its online storefront down in preparation of iPhone 12 preorders.

Announced at Apple's "Hi, Speed," event, the iPhone 12 lineup includes the base iPhone 12 model, the diminutive iPhone 12 mini, the iPhone 12 Pro, and the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Only the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro will be available on Oct. 16. The iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max will be available to preorder on Nov. 6.

Apple is scheduled to begin preorders for the iPhone 12 and the iPhone 12 Pro on Friday at 5 a.m. Pacific, 8 a.m. Eastern. Orders are expected to ship out on Friday, Oct. 23.

This year's iPhone sees a number of upgrades over previous iPhones. The iPhone 12 lineup is Apple's first iPhone to support 5G, as well as the first to be powered by the A14 Bionic System-on-Chip -- said to be twice as fast as the one that powers the iPhone 11. This generation is also the first to be compatible with Apple's newly launched MagSafe line of accessories for the iPhone.

The iPhone 12 is available in five colors -- white, black, blue, green, and (PRODUCT)RED. It can be configured with three different storage sizes -- 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB, at $749, $799, and $899 respectively.

iPhone 12 Pro comes in graphite, silver, gold, and pacific blue. Storage capacities are 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB, for $999, $1,099, and $1,299, respectively.

For those who aren't sure whether they would like to pick up one of this year's new iPhones, AppleInsider has compiled a few helpful guides, which should help sort out any confusion you may have.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Nice. Took me less than a minute and mine is schedule for delivery on 10.23. I went with the 12 Pro, 128GB, Pacific Blue. I think this is the first time I’ve ever gone with a color other than black/space gray.
    edited October 2020
  • Reply 2 of 10
    5AM and it switches to this:

• Reply 3 of 10
    Mine For the Pro Max still says "pre-order"...?!

Add: Just noticed, the pre-order date for the Pro Max has been changed to November 6 (from October 16). Anyone else notice this change, or am I mistaken in thinking it was Oct 16 as of yesterday??
    edited October 2020
  • Reply 4 of 10
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Nice. Took me less than a minute and mine is schedule for delivery on 10.23. I went with the 12 Pro, 128GB, Pacific Blue. I think this is the first time I’ve ever gone with a color other than black/space gray.
    I came on to say the same thing:
      Easiest. Preorder. Ever!
    Coincidentally, I went with the 12 Pro Pacific Blue too—also first time not going black/space grey. Only diff is that I hit the 256
    ihatescreennames
  • Reply 5 of 10

Add: Just noticed, the pre-order date for the Pro Max has been changed to November 6 (from October 16). Anyone else notice this change, or am I mistaken in thinking it was Oct 16 as of yesterday??
    It’s not a change. Only the 6.1 inch screens were today. The Mini and Max are a were slated for a few weeks later.
    fastasleep
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Same, but grabbed the Pacific Blue in 256. I decided on a whim to upgrade from my 11 Pro which I only have due to my X getting stolen on vacation early this year and insurance replacing it with the current model. I absolutely *love* the green, so the blue seemed like a safe bet (though I would've gone with green again had they offered it). The 12 form factor reminds me so much of the 4 which was my favorite iPhone design I've owned hands down, so fuck it. Figure I'll recover a good chunk of my 11 Pro's value when I sell it.
    ihatescreennames
  • Reply 7 of 10
    bageljoey said:
    I came on to say the same thing:
      Easiest. Preorder. Ever!
    Coincidentally, I went with the 12 Pro Pacific Blue too—also first time not going black/space grey. Only diff is that I hit the 256
    If 64 was still an option I probably would have gone with that, though I’m happy I’m getting 128. I’m currently on 64 and have 22GB available, which is a little shocking considering the number of photos and videos I have.
    Same, but grabbed the Pacific Blue in 256. I decided on a whim to upgrade from my 11 Pro which I only have due to my X getting stolen on vacation early this year and insurance replacing it with the current model. I absolutely *love* the green, so the blue seemed like a safe bet (though I would've gone with green again had they offered it). The 12 form factor reminds me so much of the 4 which was my favorite iPhone design I've owned hands down, so fuck it. Figure I'll recover a good chunk of my 11 Pro's value when I sell it.
    I’m also upgrading from an 11 Pro, in part because I, too, really liked the 4. It was by far my favorite-in-the-hand iPhone.
    Japhey
  • Reply 8 of 10
    bageljoey said:

It’s not a change. Only the 6.1 inch screens were today. The Mini and Max are a were slated for a few weeks later.
    Sigh... yes, thanks, I noticed it afterwards. I guess I was selectively perceiving what I was reading before...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    bageljoey said:

Sigh... yes, thanks, I noticed it afterwards. I guess I was selectively perceiving what I was reading before...
    In your defense, I think the rumors bounced around a bit. Some says the 12s would release before the Pros.  Maybe when you saw the 12 Pro was day one, you assumed the Pro Max was too!
    I might have last minute switched to the max (that camera!!) but I haven’t had a flagship iPhone since the 6S. I’m not waiting any longer then I have to!!!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    bageljoey said:
    bageljoey said:

In your defense, I think the rumors bounced around a bit. Some says the 12s would release before the Pros.  Maybe when you saw the 12 Pro was day one, you assumed the Pro Max was too!
    I might have last minute switched to the max (that camera!!) but I haven’t had a flagship iPhone since the 6S. I’m not waiting any longer then I have to!!!
    I am sure you're not the only one who did that. I was tempted, but held off. 

It may impact Apple's ASP.