New iPad Air 4 ad 'Boiiing' lands on YouTube

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2021
Apple has uploaded a new ad for the iPad Air 4 to YouTube, showing off the tablet's best features.

The minute-long video shows a Slinky-style spring hopping from one tablet to another while accompanied by the song "Heybb!" By binki.

The ad serves to show the available colors of the refreshed iPad Air, as well as showing its compatibility with both the second-generation Apple Pencil and Apple's Magic Keyboard.

The new iPad Air was announced at Apple's September event and was the first device to feature the A14 Bionic Chip. It also boasts a newly revamped Touch ID system placed in the power button, allowing an edge-to-edge display akin to the higher-end iPad Pro.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Not sure if "I'm stressed, you got me feeling nauseous" is the best lyric for an advertisement. 
    cornchip
  • Reply 2 of 8
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    Eagerly awaiting AppleInsider's in-depth iPad Air 4 hands-on review....
    edredGeorgeBMac
  • Reply 3 of 8
    dewme said:
    same here. and a hands on comparison of the ipad air with the ipad pro. 
  • Reply 4 of 8
    dewme said:
    If you want an iPad Pro but don’t care about FaceID, wide angle camera, and 120hz refresh rate then this is for you. 
    cornchip
  • Reply 5 of 8
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,296member
    dewme said:
    If you want an iPad Pro but don’t care about FaceID, wide angle camera, and 120hz refresh rate then this is for you. 
    This is a good summary, but I will add that the iPad Pro also offers four speakers vs the Air's two (yes I know there are four grille areas but this is from Apple's own spec sheet), and (to my surprise) the A12Z holds its own against the A14 pretty closely. There's also a Lidar sensor on the iPad 11 Pro, which gives it an edge on focusing as well as AR stuff.

In short, the two are **just** different enough that any cases for the one won't fit the other solely due to the camera bump. GRRRR :)
    cornchip
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Have to admit I do like the colour of the green as someone with the Midnight Green Pro Max and potentially looking to switch to the Pro 12 Blue
  • Reply 7 of 8
    0ID00ID0 Posts: 26member
    Moved from 2017 iPad Pro (10.5") to Air 4 and there is no difference except 120Hz refresh rate.
    This can be seen when scrolling on web pages, I'm missing the fluency of the Pro screen.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    Apple slinky at the end pretty cool but otherwise meh. 

Not sure if "I'm stressed, you got me feeling nauseous" is the best lyric for an advertisement. 

Did they slip a “damn” in there?!