Early iPhone 12 mini hands-on video surfaces

Posted:
in General Discussion
An early hands-on look at the upcoming iPhone 12 mini has surfaced on YouTube, offering a real-life size comparison with the iPhone 12.

Credit: George Buhnici

The iPhone 12 mini doesn't become available for preorder until Nov. 6, and won't actually ship to customers until Nov. 13. Despite that, a Romanian YouTube channel got their hands on the device.

The clip is entirely in Romanian, and there aren't any subtitles or captions available. However, the YouTuber, George Buhnici, does offer a side-by-side comparison of the device to the iPhone 12. It isn't clear how the channel was able to obtain the unreleased device.

Although it packs a smaller 5.4-inch display and a smaller battery, the iPhone 12 mini is otherwise identical in terms of features and specifications to the larger iPhone 12. That includes support for 5G, an Apple A14 Bionic processor, and the same dual-camera setup.

The iPhone 12 mini, along with the larger iPhone 12 Pro Max, will go up for preorder at 5 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 6.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    "Mini" but it's not much smaller than the SE.

What a joke.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Beats said:

What a joke.
    Joker, I thought it’s a King
  • Reply 3 of 15
    The YouTube embed in this article is incorrect and shows the iPhone 12 vs 11. The iPhone 12 mini video can be found at: https://youtu.be/90JIZCYa6Q4
    Edit: The 12 mini video is now showing as private. Guess we'll have to wait a couple more weeks after all.
    edited October 2020 twokatmewindiekiduk
  • Reply 4 of 15
    noelosnoelos Posts: 127member
    I heard all I need to hear in Romanian.

”Mini bla bla bla the boommbbb bla bla bla Mini bla the shiiiittt”

Brilliant!
  • Reply 5 of 15
    noelos said:
    I heard all I need to hear in Romanian.

”Mini bla bla bla the boommbbb bla bla bla Mini bla the shiiiittt”

Brilliant!
    Hahahahaha must a cow, blahhhhhh
  • Reply 6 of 15
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    Glad someone got a shorter version of the correct video. Pity it doesn’t look at the face though and working with the keyboard.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    LOL even the featured image screen grab for this article shows the wrong phone in addition to the embed. 
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Was gonna switch to Android, but that size is just so perfect. Damn it. Plus that iPhone4 look. Gimme. Quickly. 
  • Reply 9 of 15
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    Beats said:

What a joke.
    How is it a joke? It's proportionally smaller to the 12 as the Max is larger. I'd have gone that route if they had a Pro in that size, it looks perfect. This is literally what people have been clamoring for the past three years.
    edited October 2020 mobirdF_Kent_D
  • Reply 10 of 15
    An early hands-on look at the upcoming iPhone 12 mini has surfaced on YouTube, offering a real-life size comparison with the iPhone 12.

Credit George Buhnici

On the right that's a 12, not a 12 mini.

His 12 mini is white, here it is:

edited October 2020 cornchip
  • Reply 11 of 15
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Beats said:

What a joke.

It’s an “iPhone 12 mini” meaning smaller than the regular iPhone 12. Just “iPhone 12 Pro Max” is larger than the regular iPhone 12 Pro. Is it really that difficult to understand - a little context goes a long way.
    fastasleep
  • Reply 12 of 15
    aknabiaknabi Posts: 211member
    As they say in Kazakhstan:

cornchip
  • Reply 13 of 15
    The YouTube embed in this article is incorrect and shows the iPhone 12 vs 11. The iPhone 12 mini video can be found at: https://youtu.be/90JIZCYa6Q4
    Edit: The 12 mini video is now showing as private. Guess we'll have to wait a couple more weeks after all.
    Banned now!
    cornchip
  • Reply 14 of 15
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member

Haven’t been this excited about an iPhone since 2012!