Apple One bundles launching October 30, Fitness+ 'this quarter'

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2021
Apple will launch the Apple One subscription bundle on October 30, with Fitness+ launching later in the quarter, according to Apple's CFO Luca Maestri.

Apple One launching on October 30
Apple One launching on October 30

Apple announced the streaming bundle during the "Time Flies" event in September, and said it would later in the year. Fitness will come a little later, but before the end of 2020.

Bloomberg's Mark Gurman announced the launch date on Twitter moments before Apple's earnings call on Thursday. He said the CFO Luca Maestri told them the service would launch on October 30.

Apple CFO Luca Maestri told @emilychangtv that Apple One is launching tomorrow and Fitness+ is launching this quarter.

-- Mark Gurman (@markgurman)

Price tiers of Apple One bundles

• The "individual" plan includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade and 50GB of iCloud storage, for $14.95 a month.

• The "family" plan includes Apple Music, Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade, with 200GB of iCloud storage, and the ability to share among up to six family members, for $19.95 a month.

• The "Premiere" package will offer those plus Apple News+ and the new Fitness+ that's for $29.95 a month, and can also be shared with up to six family members.
The Premiere plan, per Apple, will save up to $25 per month, compared to subscribing to all of those individually.

Apple will likely officially announce the date during its earnings call. The company beat expectations, but the lack of a new iPhone made unit sales drop YoY for the quarter.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    Will apple one available in Canada at the same time?
    DAalsethwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 23
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    viclauyyc said:
    Will apple one available in Canada at the same time?
    A very good question. If it’s like ApplePay we might not see it until 2022
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 23
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    I have the Apple+, CBS All Access, Showtime combo package.  Will I lose that if I sign up for Apple One?
    edited October 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 23
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    Really wish there was a "Family Plus" plan with a 1TB storage for $24.99 (or less). In fact, I'd gladly trade Apple Arcade for more storage at the $19.99 tier. 

I hope we'll find out what becomes of the residual value that remains on services that we've already purchased with annual subscription plans, like Apple Music. Sounds like a phone call or chat with Apple is going to need to happen very soon. 

watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 23
    dewme said:
    Really wish there was a "Family Plus" plan with a 1TB storage for $24.99 (or less). In fact, I'd gladly trade Apple Arcade for more storage at the $19.99 tier. 

I hope we'll find out what becomes of the residual value that remains on services that we've already purchased with annual subscription plans, like Apple Music. Sounds like a phone call or chat with Apple is going to need to happen very soon. 

I'll agree to that.

But currently, 200GB is enough for me (that could change with Homekit Secure Video). As someone on the Apple Music family plan with 200GB, it's certainly worth the extra, what, $2/mo for AppleTV+ and Arcade - even if I do have AppleTV+ for another 8 months...
  • Reply 6 of 23
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    The whole of the bundles is to prop up the lame stuff like arcade with popular stuff like storage and Apple Music. Think of it as a modern take on cable service. It is no coincidence that it is becoming available once the free year of Apple TV+ is coming to an end for many people, which with the current amount of content is a dubious value proposition indeed to have to pay for.

So no, you won’t get Family Plus with more storage by trading off Arcade.

GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Premier Plan for us. We already have the AM Family Plan and 2TB iCloud. We’ve both enjoyed the TV+ content and are looking forward to more so it is an easy choice. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Just about all of my Apple subscriptions have renewed in the last few weeks. I wonder if I’m going to get prorated for the time remaining on them when I switch?
  • Reply 9 of 23
    200GB is a measly amount for a family plan. Really, 200GB! Come on, what a load of rubbish.
    seanismorris
  • Reply 10 of 23
    dewme said:

Agreed, these services are getting like the old cable TV plans, you are being forced to buy bundles with content you don't want. Yes, I can only buy what I want individually but its more expensive. Where is the innovation with these plans? I'd like to drop out Arcade (that I won't use) for more data please.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    Wesley HilliardWesley Hilliard Posts: 190member, administrator, moderator, editor
    bluefire1 said:
    I have the Apple+, CBS All Access, Showtime combo package.  Will I lose that if I sign up for Apple One?
    Yes, you’ll keep both. The only requirement for the CBS bundle is Apple TV+.

dewme said:

You can actually upgrade just the storage and keep whichever plan and just pay the difference. Apple makes this very configurable in that regard.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 23
    Have they said how to sign up?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 23
    bluefire1 said:
    The CBS / Showtime combo isn't part of Apple TV+ exactly, so you should still get that for $9.99 / month plus the cost of your Apple One membership.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 23
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    bluefire1 said:
    Yes, you’ll keep both. The only requirement for the CBS bundle is Apple TV+.

dewme said:

You can actually upgrade just the storage and keep whichever plan and just pay the difference. Apple makes this very configurable in that regard.
    Yeah I see that Apple updated their website to discuss prorating the difference. Assuming they give you full credit for the lower tier plan (will they?) a roll your own “plus” plan would be $26.99. The question then becomes whether to pony up the extra $3.00 instead and go for the top tier plan. 

My only concern, which may be unfounded, is that some of those extra services that I don’t really want may have content licensing dependencies that may ultimately drive the larger bundle plan prices up to pay for services you’re not even using. 

I don’t want to get too far ahead of things until we see how this Apple One initiative works out in practice. If the bundles get too expensive I suppose you can always back down to a lower tier, as long as you don’t mind paying a little more for additional storage. 
  • Reply 15 of 23
    I’m already purchasing an  Apple Music family plan and 4 storage plans at 99¢ each per month, so to get the Apple TV+ and Arcade for free, it’s a no brainer for me. I’d just like to know if our existing backups will be migrated or if there are hoops we have to jump through to prevent data loss?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 23
    $14.95 plan is an insta-buy for me. Didn't have Apple TV+ before, but did have the other three...and it's still cheaper overall than what I was previously paying. Kind of crazy.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 23
    laytech said:
    dewme said:

Agreed, these services are getting like the old cable TV plans, you are being forced to buy bundles with content you don't want. Yes, I can only buy what I want individually but its more expensive. Where is the innovation with these plans? I'd like to drop out Arcade (that I won't use) for more data please.
    Literally no one is forced to buy anything. 
  • Reply 18 of 23
    I'm curious how they are doing the Premier plan if it is available today but Fitness+ isn't coming until later. Do you just pay for something you aren't getting?
  • Reply 19 of 23
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    I have Apple Music (family), News+ and 200Gb storage -- so I'm already paying within a couple dollars of what the premier plan costs.   There's no reason for me to not get the the Premier plan wihich will add TV+, Arcade and Fitness to what I already have.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 23
    AppleZuluAppleZulu Posts: 2,007member
    As of morning on the 30th, it still says coming this fall on the Apple One page on the Apple website...
    David H Denniswatto_cobra