Apple One services bundles are now available

Posted:
in General Discussion edited October 2020
You can now choose to pay one flat fee for a number of Apple services, such as Apple Music, Apple Arcade, and extra iCloud storage, with Apple One.

You can now pay one flat fee for some or all of Apple's services in the new Apple One bundle
You can now pay one flat fee for some or all of Apple's services in the new Apple One bundle

As announced at Apple's "Time Flies" event in September -- and confirmed in Apple's latest earnings call -- the new Apple One bundle is now available to buy in one of three different tiers. Apple has said that it will recommend the best tier for existing users, based on what services they currently use.

However, you can elect to buy an of the three, or you can decide to continue paying for each service separately. Although each of the available tiers does offer savings, you may well want to continue as you are, because the options don't save money for everyone.

The lowest-cost Apple One tier is called an Individual Plan, and it costs $14.95 per month. For that you get Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and a 50GB of iCloud storage.

Apart from the amount of iCloud storage you get, the next tier is identical except that it's a Family Sharing one. For $19.95 per month, you get all of the same services as the individual one, but they can be shared with the family -- and you get 200GB iCloud storage.

This is one example where you might prefer to pay separately for each services. If you don't happen to have a family to share with, the 200GB iCloud storage is attractive but it costs you $4.95 per month above the Individual Plan. And you could get that storage on its own for $2.99 per month.

The third tier is the Premier one, which costs $29.95 per month. It too is meant for family sharing, and it too increases the amount of iCloud storage you get. This time, you have 2TB of extra iCloud storage, which would otherwise cost you $9.99 per month.

However, alongside all of the services that are included in the Individual and Family Sharing plans, the Premier one adds two more services. Premier includes the full Apple News+, and also the new Apple Fitness+.

Those both cost $9.99 apiece, if bought separately. So if you are going to use them, Apple One's Premier plan could genuinely save you money each month.

All three plans have potential savings, so long as you are already using -- or will definitely make use of -- everything in the bundle. A user buying the Individual Plan is going to save $6.01 per month, for instance.

Family Plan users will save $8.01 per month. And Premiere Plan users will save $24.99 per month.

That does make the Premiere plan the most beneficial, but it's only a benefit if you're using all of the services. Apple doubtlessly hopes that you'll actually end up increasing how much you spend on its services, because you're temped into using more of them.

Of course, your needs change, and to help you explore what an Apple One bundle can give you, there are free trial options available. If you already have a service like, for instance, Apple News+, then you won't get a free trial of that, but you will for the other ones in your bundle.

Apple may also add to the bundles in the future -- for instance, the Apple Fitness+ service has been announced but it isn't available until later in 2020. So now that Apple One is available, it's worth examining what it can offer you -- and maybe checking back as your needs and usage change.

The Apple One subscription option is under a user's Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases subscription tab. It is gradually rolling out now to all users.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 50
    HOORAY!! Let’s save some money! 💪🏾
    doozydozenwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 50
    Apple should prorate The Apple One Bundle for those of us who are receiving one or more services for free from another source. For example, as a Verizon customer, I receive Apple Music as part of my plan. Were I to subscribe to Apple One, my cost savings would be reduced by the $9.99 cost of Apple Music I am already getting for "free" through Verizon. Not such a great deal for me.
    JonDiesel
  • Reply 3 of 50
    Will it be available in the Uk today as well?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 50
    DoomFreakDoomFreak Posts: 19unconfirmed, member
    The apple store still says coming this fall for me.
    trm1032
  • Reply 5 of 50
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    DoomFreak said:
    The apple store still says coming this fall for me.
    Settings -> click on your name -> click on subscriptions, and it should either be there now, or will pop up soon.
    kkqd1337watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 50
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator

brian1981 said:
    Will it be available in the Uk today as well?
    Our UK writer that is working on a sign-up tutorial has it now, so I'd say yes.
    brian1981watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 50
    Does anyone know if I can get refunded for recent charges for the services I had before I just upgraded to Apple One?  

Just yesterday I was charged 14.99 to my Apple Card for Apple Music but today just got charged the 29.99 upon signing up for Apple One.  

Also I had prepaid for a year of Apple Arcade for $50 about 2 months ago.  

Just wondering if there was a way to get that $$$ back so I'm not getting double charged (might be an issue for many).  Maybe some sort of prorated refund for those of us who have already paid into the services?
    edited October 2020 llamafirelockwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 50
    It takes a second or two but it shows up at the top of the Subscriptions panel in Settings. Selecting it pops up a blank panel. Not sure how long I need to wait for it to fill in. So far nothing has shown up.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 50
    Ok, it took a minute but I got the offers with Premier preselected. I suspect that’s because I have most of those services already. Subscribing billed me immediately and removed the separate subscriptions from the list. 
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 10 of 50
    Question:  I have a one year free trial of AppleTV+ with the purchase of an iPhone that expires in February 2021 - do I forfeit that if I move to AppleOne?  Anyone know?
  • Reply 11 of 50
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    So, is there any trick to incorporating my family’s 4 different accounts into one family account?  Will it be transparent to them (like will they just have access to more iCloud storage under their existing Apple ID?  
    We have nothing linking us as a family at this point...
  • Reply 12 of 50
    Hardly a compelling offer. Instead of paying $29.93/month ala carte for Family Music, 2TB of iCloud storage, and Apple TV I can pay $29.95 for Apple One. Since I've never missed News and Games which would also come with Apple One there hardly seems any reason for me to subscribe. 
  • Reply 13 of 50
    Family Music $14.99
    2TB iCloud $9.99

The Family bundle doesn't work, 200 GB isn't enough storage.

The Premier bundle doesn't *save* me money unless I want 2 more services (or Fitness+) I don't already subscribe to. 

I'll pass for now.
  • Reply 14 of 50
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    I have the AppleTV+, CBS All Access, Showtime combo plan which I love. I assume that can’t be integrated into the Apple One Bundle.
  • Reply 15 of 50
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    Guess it depends on what you use. We’ve each only used 50GB so the One family plan saves us money.

Maybe they’ll add a 2TB option. 
    edited October 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 50
    JonDiesel said:
    Does anyone know if I can get refunded for recent charges for the services I had before I just upgraded to Apple One?  

Just yesterday I was charged 14.99 to my Apple Card for Apple Music but today just got charged the 29.99 upon signing up for Apple One.  

Also I had prepaid for a year of Apple Arcade for $50 about 2 months ago.  

Just wondering if there was a way to get that $$$ back so I'm not getting double charged (might be an issue for many).  Maybe some sort of prorated refund for those of us who have already paid into the services?
    If you go into your account and look at your purchase history it looks like they are doing a bunch of refunds on the other services after subscribing to apple one...
    dewmedouglas baileyfirelockwatto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 50
    mubailimubaili Posts: 453member
    Great. Now I have 4TB of iCloud storage. I am wondering when I can use the iCloud storage as time machine backup.
  • Reply 18 of 50
    bageljoey said:
    So, is there any trick to incorporating my family’s 4 different accounts into one family account?  Will it be transparent to them (like will they just have access to more iCloud storage under their existing Apple ID?  
    We have nothing linking us as a family at this point...
    Ya it’s pretty simple just add their apple ids and it will email or text them a link to join then everyone instantly gets all the perks.  You’ll need a family music plan to spread that to the rest of the family but with apple one that’s much more simple now compared to before since it’s included.  
    bageljoeyRayz2016watto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 50
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 626member
    The bundles aren’t flexible enough to be useful to me. I could get the individual plan and pay $.01 more for an additional 50 GB of iCloud. But I’m not close to filling up 200 GB and 50 GB alone is too small for my usage. The Arcade piece isn’t interesting to me but if I could substitute News+ then I would subscribe in a minute.

If I could substitute 200 GB for Arcade or News+ for Arcade then I’d sign up. But as it is, I pay $18/month for Music, TV+, and 200 GB iCloud and switching doesn’t save me anything since I can pay for Music and TV+ annually and save more that way. 
    edited October 2020
  • Reply 20 of 50
    marktime said:
    Hardly a compelling offer. Instead of paying $29.93/month ala carte for Family Music, 2TB of iCloud storage, and Apple TV I can pay $29.95 for Apple One. Since I've never missed News and Games which would also come with Apple One there hardly seems any reason for me to subscribe. 
    Excellent point. If you don't value 2 of the things in the bundle then it won't be compelling--for you.  I'm pretty sure that's true for most bundles.  Apple never said this was "cheaper services for everyone!"
    viclauyycRayz2016watto_cobra