Apple One services bundles are now available

Comments

• Reply 21 of 50
    llamallama Posts: 102member
    thesmannj said:
    Question:  I have a one year free trial of AppleTV+ with the purchase of an iPhone that expires in February 2021 - do I forfeit that if I move to AppleOne?  Anyone know?
    Yeah, I have Apple TV+ that bills Feb 2021 and Apple Arcade in Jan 2021 so I am curious about that as well. 
  • Reply 22 of 50
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    marktime said:
    Hardly a compelling offer. Instead of paying $29.93/month ala carte for Family Music, 2TB of iCloud storage, and Apple TV I can pay $29.95 for Apple One. Since I've never missed News and Games which would also come with Apple One there hardly seems any reason for me to subscribe. 
    Fitness+ comes with the $29.95 tier as well. So you get News and Fitness+ and Arcade for .02 more than what you currently pay? Maybe these additional apps aren't for you, but they do offer more services for your money if you compare what you mention above.

Rayz2016
  • Reply 23 of 50
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    No mention of iTunes Match.  Is this going to continue on its own or perhaps be discontinued?

EDIT:  I just read on Mac Rumors that Apple Music includes iTunes Match.  Is this true? If so that's a $25 a year inclusion no one is mentioning.
    edited October 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 50

Is it only available for the US? I don't see the option to suscribe to Apple One in Argentina. The 4Tb is not available worldwide, and I need those 4Gb desperately. It is only available for those locations where Apple News is an option, because without News you only have the option to suscribe to Apple Family with 200Gb. So the maximum you can have of storage is 200Gb + 2Tb you can buy separately.  

• Reply 25 of 50
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    MacPro said:
    No mention of iTunes Match.  Is this going to continue on its own or perhaps be discontinued?

EDIT:  I just read on Mac Rumors that Apple Music includes iTunes Match.  Is this true? If so that's a $25 a year inclusion no one is mentioning.
    Apple Music has ALWAYS had an iTunes Match-like system. We covered this back in about 2014.
    llamadouglas baileywatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 50
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    bageljoey said:
    So, is there any trick to incorporating my family’s 4 different accounts into one family account?  Will it be transparent to them (like will they just have access to more iCloud storage under their existing Apple ID?  
    We have nothing linking us as a family at this point...

It's worked very well and very smoothly for myself and my grandson.   He has had no complaints and loves the Apple Music.

Just be aware that all app store & itunes stuff will be charged to your credit card.

The only problem has been that, at first when he went to buy something, it sent an Apple notification to me which I had to approve immediately or it went away.   That was a pain so so I tuned that option off.   But that created another problem where he would take out a "trial subscription" and, if I didn't see it in my emails, it would roll over into an active subscription -- so i learned to keep a close eye on my emails.

I would give it a try.  There's nothing to lose and, if you don't like it you can either turn it off or release whichever family member likes to spend their own money.
    bageljoey
  • Reply 27 of 50
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    I just signed up for the premier plan.
    I was already paying for Family plan Apple Music, News+ and 200Gb of storage and I've been wanting to get TV+ and I fitness might work well too.  
    So, it just makes sense every way -- both for the apps and financially.

It says that my Apple Music and News+ subscriptions will switch over to Apple One on November 30 but there's no indication whether Apple One will be prorated (or maybe not billed till November 30th?)
  • Reply 28 of 50
    DAalsethDAalseth Posts: 2,783member
    2TB with an option to go to 4TB.
    Somebody tell me what you do with all that space?
    I have the 50GB plan, it has some file transfers and storage, plus backup of my devices. If I put all of my photos out there that would be a couple hundred more. What do you use the rest of the space for? Apple won’t let you run TimeMachine backups to iCloud. That’s the only other thing I can think of that would call for that much space. 

(Also I do wish Apple would add a tier between 200GB and 2TB. 200 isn’t enough if I wanted to put my photos and make more use of the service. But $12/mo CDN for 2TB when I’d never need over a quarter of that is just something I’m not going to do.)
  • Reply 29 of 50
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,335member
    MacPro said:

Apple Music has ALWAYS had an iTunes Match-like system. We covered this back in about 2014.
    Hmmm.  I’ve been paying for Apple Music since it started and I have to pay separately for iTunes Match. In fact, I just got a notification from Apple saying that my $24.99 iTunes Match renewal charge was going to hit my credit card in a couple of weeks. 

I was under the impression that the differentiating features of iTunes Match was 1) it allows you to upload your “owned” music to the cloud and 2) it allows you to download an unlimited number of Apple Music songs to your devices so you don’t need a streaming connection to play anything downloaded to your device. 

Very interesting to see that many other AI readers are asking the same questions that I’ve been asking about since Apple One was announced. I’m sure it’ll all settle out in a month or so after everyone clears their first billing cycle. I may wait a month or two 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 50
    MacPro said:

Thanks, I must be an idiot for not knowing that.  Never having subscribed to Apple Music, not that I realized it has been here since 2014... wow, I didn't know.  I just always had iTunes Match which I pay an annual subscription for, hence the question.
    edited October 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 50

dewme said:
    MacPro said:

Hmmm.  I’ve been paying for Apple Music since it started and I have to pay separately for iTunes Match. In fact, I just got a notification from Apple saying that my $24.99 iTunes Match renewal charge was going to hit my credit card in a couple of weeks. 

I was under the impression that the differentiating features of iTunes Match was 1) it allows you to upload your “owned” music to the cloud and 2) it allows you to download an unlimited number of Apple Music songs to your devices so you don’t need a streaming connection to play anything downloaded to your device. 

Very interesting to see that many other AI readers are asking the same questions that I’ve been asking about since Apple One was announced. I’m sure it’ll all settle out in a month or so after everyone clears their first billing cycle. I may wait a month or two 
    Just saw your post.  So I am not an idiot after all? I even got shouted at by Mike ;)
    edited October 2020 muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 50
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Since everybody is giving their wishlists, here’s mine...I wish that there was a second individual plan for $19.95 that included News+. Or, better yet, the regular individual plan should allow for a choice between Arcade, News+, or Fitness+. Anyway...

Why would they start Apple One before Fitness+ is even available? There are just too many questions and confusing individual scenarios surrounding the whole thing. Like many others above, I’m glad I’m not the only one. I too, will wait a month or two until the dust settles a bit. 

However, the delay of the Fitness+ launch does give me hope that there will be an new AppleTV released by the end of the year. It would make sense to debut them together and give the new service more of a spotlight than the September event did. 

• Reply 33 of 50
    MacPro said:

dewme said:
    MacPro said:

Just saw your post.  So I am not an idiot after all? I even got shouted at by Mike ;)
    You’re definitely not an idiot. That was hilarious though. But why didn’t he provide a link?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 50
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,753member
    Considering the first month of any of the options is free, you might as well get the premier version then switch down to the lesser versions the day before the month trial is up.
  • Reply 35 of 50
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,753member
    It seems quite a few people would like to swap out or or more of the services at the lower tiers for a higher tier. It would make sense for you to be able to make your own customised subscription instead. So for the individual tier you could add up to 4 of whichever services you wanted, then the next tier 4 for family, then top tier is all the services. Of course Apple doesn't want to do this so everyone gets the less popular (i.e. AppleTV+) services in the hope they'll stick with them - and probably to try and inflate AppleTV+ subscription numbers too, as they can count Apple One subs as AppleTV+ subs.  

With my suggestion I'd choose Apple Music, Apple News+, 200Gb and maybe Apple Arcade. That adds up to roughly same as the individual cost of the base tier, so no loss for Apple, but I get to choose what I want. 
    edited October 2020
  • Reply 36 of 50
    dewme said:
    MacPro said:

I’ve been able to upload my own music to the cloud and am able to download music to my device for offline playing with just the Apple Music subscription so not sure what iTunes Match brings to the table that Apple Music doesn’t? 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 50
    Does anyone know if I can sign up for this using iTunes gift card credits? I don't have a cc associated with my account but I use the gift cards to purchase Apple Music and a few other streaming services so would I be able to do the same for these bundles?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 50
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,520member
    I wonder if they'll release student pricing for any of these bundles, I'd imagine a lot of students would be interested in Fitness+
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 50
    Did I miss a memo ... where is Apple Fitness+ which was advertised on the Premiere plan and then after sign up has now disappeared as a  listed Service? What gives?  
  • Reply 40 of 50
    pipser said:
    Does anyone know if I can sign up for this using iTunes gift card credits? I don't have a cc associated with my account but I use the gift cards to purchase Apple Music and a few other streaming services so would I be able to do the same for these bundles?
    Yes. 
    pipserwatto_cobra