Notifications repeatedly tell iOS 14 beta testers to download nonexistent update

Comments

• Reply 21 of 41
    Just tested the fix suggested in the article and it works! Set the date as yesterday (or further- tested rolling the clock back 24hrs, 48hrs, and 1 month back) and the problem disappears. Cheers!

• Reply 22 of 41
    But can’t help this cuz task schedule on calendar  
  • Reply 23 of 41
    Just tested the fix suggested in the article and it works! Set the date as yesterday (or further- tested rolling the clock back 24hrs, 48hrs, and 1 month back) and the problem disappears. Cheers!
    Genius...if you don’t need to know the date / don’t use your calendar 🤣

Just wait for the fix to be available, we all volunteered for this!
  • Reply 24 of 41
    Pretty sure it is some what related to date. In iOS 12 (mentioned here), when it happened, it was end of August / start of Sep. now its end of Oct.
    The triggers is the same, invoke notification centre, which is why it happens when you unlock your phone. Classic bug! 
    There should never be such a thing as a “classic bug”, but only CAPA (Corrective And Preventive Action). Disappointed in Apple’s dev skills lately.
  • Reply 25 of 41
    Genius...if you don’t need to know the date / don’t use your calendar ߤ㦬t;br>
    Agree. However, we were also promised we could opt out of the beta program at any time. I left it a week ago but still get this annoying update bug.

Hotel California: “You can check out any time, but you can never leave”
    edited October 2020 dewmemuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 26 of 41
    So thankful I found this forum.  I thought it was just me.  Like most of you, started once a day. Ignored.  Last night, every freaking time I picked my phone up. Ughhhh any thoughts on how long til they fix it???   I, also, opted out of beta program after 14.0 was released to all.  
  • Reply 27 of 41
    Very annoying. Been happening to me last couple days. The message pops up every time I unlock my phone. Oh well. Guess I shouldn’t have put a beta on my main device. 
  • Reply 28 of 41
    llamallama Posts: 102member
    Agree. However, we were also promised we could opt out of the beta program at any time. I left it a week ago but still get this annoying update bug.

You deleted the profile and rolled back to 14.1 and you're still getting this message?  That would be pretty unexpected.
  • Reply 29 of 41
    llama said:

You deleted the profile and rolled back to 14.1 and you're still getting this message?  That would be pretty unexpected.
    No, instead I followed Apple's exact instructions of how to leave the beta program. Neither did I factory reset the phone or buy an entirely new iPhone.
    edited October 2020 tokyojimu
  • Reply 30 of 41
    brianp said:
    I couldn't take the message any more. I restored my iPhone to iOS 14.1. All is good now -- no data/apps were lost.
    I tried this step.  Found I could not access iCloud files with the 14.1.  Apps that use iCloud wouldn’t work and files app didn’t work. 
  • Reply 31 of 41
    If Tim Cook was running 14.2 on his personal phone this would get fixed!
  • Reply 32 of 41
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,335member
    I haven’t experienced any functionality related issues related to this. Has anyone else? Since this has occurred in previous betas I assumed it was simply a benign annoyance. No biggy. 

Update:

This popped up again today on both of my iPadOS machines and ... lo and behold, there were iPadOS updates available. Downloading now...
    edited October 2020
  • Reply 33 of 41
    All this whining because of a bug in a BETA SOFTWARE.
    If you don't want to experience bugs, do not install those. 
    And by the way: Apple already fixed it. There is an update.
    edited October 2020 Fidonet127
  • Reply 34 of 41

Lol! A good response!!!
  • Reply 35 of 41
    It is fixed. 
  • Reply 36 of 41
    Same to me, either by unlocking the phone or closing the notification panel.

No way to get rid of it, removing the beta profile, disabling the automatic updates, nothing helps.

• Reply 37 of 41
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Great! So instead of a quick tap to get rid of it we have to play around with the date and mess everything else up.
  • Reply 38 of 41
    melgross said:
    Great! So instead of a quick tap to get rid of it we have to play around with the date and mess everything else up.
    Nope - Apple has released an update now.  
    Fidonet127
  • Reply 39 of 41
    nicholfd said:
    melgross said:
    Nope - Apple has released an update now.  
    Interesting. I opted out of the beta program a week before this bug arrived but am still affected by it. However, this newly released update is not available to me. Do I have to re-enter the beta program in order to get my devices fixed now?
  • Reply 40 of 41
    Try this suggestion .. Go to settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings