Apple One services bundles are now available

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    Japhey said:
    pipser said:
    Does anyone know if I can sign up for this using iTunes gift card credits? I don't have a cc associated with my account but I use the gift cards to purchase Apple Music and a few other streaming services so would I be able to do the same for these bundles?
    Yes. 
    Great, thanks!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 50
    kiehtan said:
    Apple should prorate The Apple One Bundle for those of us who are receiving one or more services for free from another source. For example, as a Verizon customer, I receive Apple Music as part of my plan. Were I to subscribe to Apple One, my cost savings would be reduced by the $9.99 cost of Apple Music I am already getting for "free" through Verizon. Not such a great deal for me.

Apple should just give away everything for free. That would be great, eh!?

P.S. You can choose to subscribe to individual services instead of the bundle. The options are listed in Settings.
    edited October 2020 watto_cobra
  • Reply 43 of 50
    We have 3 people in our “family” and two of us were buying our own 200GB plans as the 2TB plan was too much. Plus we use Apple Music, TV+ and News+ (which is highly underrated, it saves me a lot in magazine subscriptions). All in all $30 per month in one subscription is a money saver.
    GeorgeBMacwatto_cobra
  • Reply 44 of 50
    DocUpdate said:
    Did I miss a memo ... where is Apple Fitness+ which was advertised on the Premiere plan and then after sign up has now disappeared as a  listed Service? What gives?  
    Yes... you did. It's coming late 2020. https://www.apple.com/apple-fitness-plus/
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 45 of 50
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,372member
    nemaworm said:
    dewme said:
    MacPro said:
    No mention of iTunes Match.  Is this going to continue on its own or perhaps be discontinued?

EDIT:  I just read on Mac Rumors that Apple Music includes iTunes Match.  Is this true? If so that's a $25 a year inclusion no one is mentioning.
    Apple Music has ALWAYS had an iTunes Match-like system. We covered this back in about 2014.
    Hmmm.  I’ve been paying for Apple Music since it started and I have to pay separately for iTunes Match. In fact, I just got a notification from Apple saying that my $24.99 iTunes Match renewal charge was going to hit my credit card in a couple of weeks. 

I was under the impression that the differentiating features of iTunes Match was 1) it allows you to upload your “owned” music to the cloud and 2) it allows you to download an unlimited number of Apple Music songs to your devices so you don’t need a streaming connection to play anything downloaded to your device. 

Very interesting to see that many other AI readers are asking the same questions that I’ve been asking about since Apple One was announced. I’m sure it’ll all settle out in a month or so after everyone clears their first billing cycle. I may wait a month or two 
    I’ve been able to upload my own music to the cloud and am able to download music to my device for offline playing with just the Apple Music subscription so not sure what iTunes Match brings to the table that Apple Music doesn’t? 
    If that’s the case then Apple has some explaining to do about why they’ve been charging me $25 a year for doing absolutely nothing. Time to investigate!

Update: 

Found this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204146 which confirms what nenaworm and Mike say. No thanks to Apple for not pointing this out to its Apple Music customers who have been paying for something they get zero value from. The only reason I can think of for Apple continuing iTunes Match is for people who are not Apple Music subscribers.

You would think that Apple would flag this issue because they know everything their customers are paying for. But you would be wrong. Glad I caught this before I threw another $25 into the Apple shredder.  
    edited October 2020 elijahg
  • Reply 46 of 50
    nemaworm said:
    JonDiesel said:
    Does anyone know if I can get refunded for recent charges for the services I had before I just upgraded to Apple One?  

Just yesterday I was charged 14.99 to my Apple Card for Apple Music but today just got charged the 29.99 upon signing up for Apple One.  

Also I had prepaid for a year of Apple Arcade for $50 about 2 months ago.  

Just wondering if there was a way to get that $$$ back so I'm not getting double charged (might be an issue for many).  Maybe some sort of prorated refund for those of us who have already paid into the services?
    If you go into your account and look at your purchase history it looks like they are doing a bunch of refunds on the other services after subscribing to apple one...
    Thanks for pointing this out. I have indeed been refunded for all of my subscriptions.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    I wish Apple would offer yearly commitment discount on Apple One.
    tenthousandthings
  • Reply 48 of 50
    bageljoey said:
    So, is there any trick to incorporating my family’s 4 different accounts into one family account?  Will it be transparent to them (like will they just have access to more iCloud storage under their existing Apple ID?  
    We have nothing linking us as a family at this point...

It's worked very well and very smoothly for myself and my grandson.   He has had no complaints and loves the Apple Music.

Just be aware that all app store & itunes stuff will be charged to your credit card.

The only problem has been that, at first when he went to buy something, it sent an Apple notification to me which I had to approve immediately or it went away.   That was a pain so so I tuned that option off.   But that created another problem where he would take out a "trial subscription" and, if I didn't see it in my emails, it would roll over into an active subscription -- so i learned to keep a close eye on my emails.

I would give it a try.  There's nothing to lose and, if you don't like it you can either turn it off or release whichever family member likes to spend their own money.
    There is a solution for the payment problem. Your grandson (in my case, it is a nephew) can add money to his “Apple ID balance.” When there is money in his Apple ID balance, it uses that first, before charging the card on file for the family:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208687
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211187

EDIT: Looking at this after posting it, I think maybe there have been some changes to how all this works now, with the rollout of Apple One. From the second link above, it looks like additional monthly subscriptions can now be paid using the Apple ID balance. In the recent past, unless I'm hallucinating, it only applied to buying apps and in-app purchases (including things like renting a movie). Learn how payment methods are managed:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201266
    edited November 2020
  • Reply 49 of 50
    I have a question:

I have: Apple Music Family
    2TB plan for me (1.36TB used)
    2TB for Mrs. thequick (500GB used)
    200MB for kid1 thequick (100GB used)
    50GB for kid2 thequick
    50GB for kid3 thequick

So, we're paying about $40 for services, and I was wondering what happens when I go to Apple One Premier.

Do I get an additional 2TB shared, and keep the 2TB for myself (along with all the others in the family that have their own data)? ($29 + $10 + $10 +$3 
    Does all the data get merged?   (I can manage that).

I've checked the Apple site, but I know I can't be the only one that has this question.

Thanks for any help!
  • Reply 50 of 50
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    dewme said:
    nemaworm said:
    dewme said:
    MacPro said:
    No mention of iTunes Match.  Is this going to continue on its own or perhaps be discontinued?

EDIT:  I just read on Mac Rumors that Apple Music includes iTunes Match.  Is this true? If so that's a $25 a year inclusion no one is mentioning.
    Apple Music has ALWAYS had an iTunes Match-like system. We covered this back in about 2014.
    Hmmm.  I’ve been paying for Apple Music since it started and I have to pay separately for iTunes Match. In fact, I just got a notification from Apple saying that my $24.99 iTunes Match renewal charge was going to hit my credit card in a couple of weeks. 

I was under the impression that the differentiating features of iTunes Match was 1) it allows you to upload your “owned” music to the cloud and 2) it allows you to download an unlimited number of Apple Music songs to your devices so you don’t need a streaming connection to play anything downloaded to your device. 

Very interesting to see that many other AI readers are asking the same questions that I’ve been asking about since Apple One was announced. I’m sure it’ll all settle out in a month or so after everyone clears their first billing cycle. I may wait a month or two 
    I’ve been able to upload my own music to the cloud and am able to download music to my device for offline playing with just the Apple Music subscription so not sure what iTunes Match brings to the table that Apple Music doesn’t? 
    If that’s the case then Apple has some explaining to do about why they’ve been charging me $25 a year for doing absolutely nothing. Time to investigate!

Update: 

Found this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204146 which confirms what nenaworm and Mike say. No thanks to Apple for not pointing this out to its Apple Music customers who have been paying for something they get zero value from. The only reason I can think of for Apple continuing iTunes Match is for people who are not Apple Music subscribers.

You would think that Apple would flag this issue because they know everything their customers are paying for. But you would be wrong. Glad I caught this before I threw another $25 into the Apple shredder.  
    Wow...  I renew Match every July. Why the hell would this not stop once a customer becomes an Apple music subscriber if this same service is included? I am totally responsible for my subscriptions but come on.. this is just shady. They are refunding for moving to Apple One.. where is my refund for the last 5 years of paying for match and itunes music?