Apple Silicon Macs are needed for consumers and pro users alike

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 82
    I knew a musician who was scared of the transition to MacOS X even years after it was done.  I got him moved over to PowerPC MacOS but upgrading to Intel was beyond him.  A lot of musicians are wedded to ancient equipment whose manufacturers are too puny to upgrade the drivers.  So it’s quite likely that in 2030 he will be using an ancient 2020 Mac Pro that was finally historic enough for him.  He might even pay through the nose for it.

Well, if he was still working at that date, but you get the general idea.

We might lose Windows game support but I can’t help but notice how many game companies are appearing in iPhone events.  Seems to me it would be really easy to expand that to the Mac once Apple Silicon offers the same overall architecture.  So we lose Windows but we gain iPhone/iPad/etc.  I think that would be a really good trade for most developers ... and customers, too.
  • Reply 82 of 82
    I knew a musician who was scared of the transition to MacOS X even years after it was done.  I got him moved over to PowerPC MacOS but upgrading to Intel was beyond him.  A lot of musicians are wedded to ancient equipment whose manufacturers are too puny to upgrade the drivers.  So it’s quite likely that in 2030 he will be using an ancient 2020 Mac Pro that was finally historic enough for him.  He might even pay through the nose for it.

Well, if he was still working at that date, but you get the general idea.

We might lose Windows game support but I can’t help but notice how many game companies are appearing in iPhone events.  Seems to me it would be really easy to expand that to the Mac once Apple Silicon offers the same overall architecture.  So we lose Windows but we gain iPhone/iPad/etc.  I think that would be a really good trade for most developers ... and customers, too.