First HomePod mini, M1 Mac orders begin to arrive

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2020
Early orders of Apple's new HomePod mini and M1-equipped Mac models are starting to arrive for some customers earlier than initially expected.

Credit: Eric Welander
Credit: Eric Welander

The HomePod mini became available for preorder on Nov. 6, with the earliest shipments set for Nov. 16. Apple's new MacBook Air, 13-inch MacBook Pro, and Mac mini models went up for pre-order on Nov. 10, with shipments expected to arrive the following week.

As of Monday, Nov. 16, some customers across the globe are beginning to receive the first HomePod mini devices.

HomePod Mini is cute.

Sound quality is amazing and it can get loud. But it lacks bass. Makes sense as it's small.

Definitely won't replace my Sonos One speakers. Then again it is half the price of a Sonos One. pic.twitter.com/QjeHiYgEWf

-- Oliur (@UltraLinx)

Hello HomePod mini! pic.twitter.com/OTKztoNuDS

-- Eric Welander (@ericwelander)

Macbook air arrived a day early pic.twitter.com/pcMxDVJLC3

-- hotshot (@hotshot_911)

On a similar note, some MacBook Air and 13-inch MacBook Pro models are also beginning to arrive slightly earlier than expected.

one of the first few people who got it first
M1 Macbook pro looking pretty#AppleSiliconM1 pic.twitter.com/TQTgkqKIlK

-- Ali King Fans Intl (@mnloona48_)

Stay on top of all Apple news right from your HomePod or HomePod mini. Say, "Hey, Siri, play AppleInsider Daily," and you'll get a fast update direct from the AppleInsider team.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,031member
    I get my M1 Air Tues 17 Oct. 

My afternoon is going to be busy. 
    appletechspotwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    My two HomePod minis arrived yesterday to my uk forwarding service but I won’t get them here in Kuwait for a couple of weeks.

looking forward to replacing the dreadful echos in the bedroom and kitchen.
    Beatswatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,036member
    Ordered a BTO Mini right after the event and it is due today. 
    UPS usually delivers to my house really early or late, so I am expecting it late this afternoon.

It is going to be nice to run my iOS apps on my Mac with the Trackpad on a 32” 4K screen.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Got mine set up -- this thing is small, with great sound for the size. Full sound, which includes some bass, even if it doesn't have room-thumping bass. It's perfect for bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, etc. Sounds better than an older, dedicated AirPlay iHome speaker that is much larger. Multi-room via AirPlay 2 is fantastic, even if it's still too cumbersome to figure it out for normals IMO.

edited November 2020 watto_cobra